1.    #1  
    I can only imagine these aren't in the Pre App Catalog 'cause Handmark wants to charge for them.

WebOS Software
    Classic is required.
    Umm yeah. . . those aren't WebOS apps. They aren't in the Pre App Catalog because, well, they're not Pre apps.
    Those are PalmOS applications that have been "certified" to run under the "Classic" PalmOS emulator on the Pre. Handmark is trying to cash in on Palm Pre users that are desperate for software.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Handmark has always been a company I try to stay away from, regardless how nice the app seems, unless it is a free app (like pocket express). They do what they can to screw you, any way possible. At least that is how I have always felt.

Back on topic, as was sad before, Classic needed.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    The biggest prob with Classic is that apps are designed to work with a stylus. The Pre isn't.

bj
    I changed the thread title so that others would not get the wrong idea.

Sorry. Handmark is not selling webOS apps.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Those are PalmOS applications that have been "certified" to run under the "Classic" PalmOS emulator on the Pre. Handmark is trying to cash in on Palm Pre users that are desperate for software.
    Yep. Emulators are our workaround...sad. I loaded trial versions of Classic and Bookworm. Worked OK, but not really worth paying for in lieu of a WebOS version. I emailed Handmark to see when they'd be offering Scrabble, and they emailed me back a corporate non-answer.