1.    #1  
    This app might sound a little weird. But for those of use who are still in school or have weekly meetings or something. I was thinking of an app that would turn the phone to silent or airplane mode automatically.

For instance I have class during set hours during the week, so maybe a program that I can enter in my class schedule and the phone would automatically go to silent or airplane mode. I thin this would a be a great app for students and for those that have weekly meetings.

And once the class is over, the Pre would automatically revert from silent or airplane mode.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    That is a great idea...I'm sure if this thread gets attention some Homebrewer will come up with a great idea. Which will hopefully be submitted to the app store once it gets out of beta...meaning when Palm gets their stuff together and makes WebOS a truely functional operating system.
    Is flicking the switch on top of the phone really that difficult? It's been a great feature of Treos, Centros, and now the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    Is flicking the switch on top of the phone really that difficult? It's been a great feature of Treos, Centros, and now the Pre!
    At first this was going to be my comment, however, I often forget to slide it back and miss calls and txt's

Having a schedule based silencer would be a nice addition
    Unfortunately, that switch doesn't function the same anymore It does not silence alarms or games.
    hmm def do not put in airplane mode automatically.. If there is an emergency you will only delay getting some help.. Silence may be better lol..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    The switch is great...but what I think he is really wanting is an app to do this automatically...cause like most students (myself was included in this when I had my Treo 650...is you FORGET to flip the switch once...and BAM!!! Right in the middle of the worst class possible with the grumpiest professor your phone goes off with a mushy ringtone for your wife...DOH!!!

This would definately be a GREAT app to have if it did integrate with the alarm section or calendar.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The OP doesn't want a silent phone during class... they want a dead phone. No calls, no SMS, no nothing. And they want it to go dark (and come out of dark) according to a schedule.

I think it's a good idea, very simple in concept. I don't know how hard that would be to program.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    hmm def do not put in airplane mode automatically.. If there is an emergency you will only delay getting some help.. Silence may be better lol..
    Yeah, maybe an option for airplane mode or silence. Cause I just switch my phone on silence and put it in my book bag during class.

And it is only for 1-2 hours at most, so hopefully no one has the problem. But i am sure it will happen at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Unfortunately, that switch doesn't function the same anymore It does not silence alarms or games.

There might be something wrong with your phone. My switch silences alerts and alarms. I don't know about games, but chances are, you wouldn't be playing games during class.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    An app like this could come in very handy for me too! Hope a developer can pick up on this one.
    This app is very similar to what has been asked for here. Hopefully a developer will take on the challenge.
    There might be something wrong with your phone. My switch silences alerts and alarms. I don't know about games, but chances are, you wouldn't be playing games during class.
    If you have an alarm set with the clock app, the ringer switch does not silence clock app alarms. My ringer switch is almost always on silent but my clock alarm goes off every morning without fail -- grrrrrr... (NOT a morning person! LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    I disagree. I use an app that does this on my Centro. It turns the phone off at 11:00pm and then back on again at 5:55am. At 6:00am, it fires off an alarm to wake me up. It's a great app.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    This "automatic" profile for sounds is one of a few things I miss from my Moto Q9c. I invariably forget to turn my ringer back on after my meetings...very annoying to find several missed calls/texts.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    This patch or app would need to be linked to the Pre's calendar events to have real potential, imo.