Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    We can slide icons from page to page on the Pre but it would be a lot easier to see all the icons on replicated pages on a pc screen, move them around there (off line) & then send them back to pre re-organized.

WebOS might be the logical place for this since apps are added & removed there but I'm no programmer so I'm talking thru my hat.

Any comments / possibilities? TIA
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    some better way to organinze would definately be useful. Expecially if you have added a couple more launcher pages. Even something like the old palm OS way of assigning app catagories would be useful.
    I was just thinking this yesterday. It's a real pain to move them around on the phone, especially between screens. It's very clumsy. I would definitely welcome an easier method. I like jk175d's suggestion. Instead of categories it could just be assigned via pages.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I just saw an IPhone app called movement. They have created a PC app that shows each of your pages side by side. You then move the icons around to your hearts content and click submit. This is what I am hoping for on the Pre.
    Is there any way to check out the new App Catalog online? I kept searching, but all I could find was the old Sprint site that had the original apps on it. I would like to search with my computer rather than through the phone all of the time.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    I just saw an IPhone app called movement. They have created a PC app that shows each of your pages side by side. You then move the icons around to your hearts content and click submit. This is what I am hoping for on the Pre.
    Bingo
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    i just want to b able to view my pre on my pc
    i wonder if there is a way to do it with the emulator? Save the location off of it and them overwrite it on the actual pre? I have no idea if that's even possible...but +1 to this idea!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Having 8 launcher pages now (with all apps visible without vertical scrolling), I would have loved to have a PC-based method of app arrangement...but I muddled my way through it the old-fashioned way. Now what would be great is simply a Title header for each launcher page. It would function like the old Palm categories, but just the ability to "Add Title" to a launcher page would be great help in navigating the Launcher.
    Yeah, I've only got four right now, but am thinking about adding another. I keep my "Frequently Used Programs" on page 1, "Games" on page 2, "Productivity" on page 3, and "Pre Inner Guts Tools" on page 4. (I might make page 5 "Useless Programs that Sprint Included with the Package but I Never Use")