1.    #1  
    I need help removing apps that came on my phone or showed up after a update. How do I get rid of these suckers? If I put them on there I know how to lose them but for the nfl one, I can't lose it!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I rooted my Pre yesterday and hid all of the apps I don't need, including the Sprint portal app. Take time to read the details at webos-internals.org and give it a shot.

If you aren't up for rooting, you can hide the NFL and NASCAR apps using WebOS Quick Install. Search the forums for the details.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I will try that
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You're welcome. If you do try rooting, this article will help when you're ready to hide apps. I put the "visible": "false" line in all of the apps that I didn't want.

I'd probably start with WebOS Quick Install. If that runs smoothly for you, take a little time to read up on rooting and then pull the trigger when you're ready. Good luck!
    Rob Robinson
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Got a link to that? I would love to know how to hid the Nascar app along with a few others.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I rooted my Pre yesterday and hid all of the apps I don't need, including the Sprint portal app.
    I am trying to create a patch file for hiding the Sprint Portal app, and I'm having trouble. My Pre is not rooted anymore. It used to be, but now I just use Preware and webOS QI. QuickInstall has a command line and also a simple gui for copying files from the pre or sending them to overwrite files.

Here is the directory:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.sprintportal/

There are only two files inside:
    icon.png

I opened 12022008 and tried adding "visible": "false" just like you instructed, to no avail. I tried "visible": false also, and I tried adding both at different parts of the file (beginning, middle, end). There is no appinfo.json file in the directory. After doing a luna restart, I have reextracted the files from the device and the changes have stuck, but don't work. How can I hide this useless app?

P.S. Inside 12022008 there is a line:
    "removable": false,

I tried changing it to true, did a luna restart, but orange+clicking on the icon did not give me the option to delete.
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It's been ages since I hid the Sprint app, and my Pre is no longer rooted. I think what I did when I did have the app hidden was: 1) I removed the ""removable": false" line and 2) replaced it with a "visible": "false".

If that doesn't work, I did what jhoff80 recommended above and just deleted the app entirely.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    If that doesn't work, I did what jhoff80 recommended above and just deleted the app entirely.

Rob
    Yeah I finally gave up trying to hide it and ran

ipkg remove /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.sprintportal

from the command line in webos quickinstall and that worked.