Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    TaskAdder will allow you to

• add tasks to, and
    • view hotlist tasks from

your Toodledo : A to-do list to organize your tasks account while on the go from your Pre.

It does NOT sync tasks. It provides a simple way to add tasks without having to remember the complicated Toodledo syntax used to enter tasks by email, SMS, etc.

On initial launch, you'll enter your Toodledo login info (email and password). TaskAdder will then login to Toodledo and grab your Folders and Contexts. You can then easily enter a new Task and select Folder, Priority, Due Date, Context, Status and Repeat.

View Hotlist will allow you to view selected Toodledo tasks - due within the next XX days and priority equal or greater than YY.

More features to come...let me know what you'd like to see.

11/22/09 v0.5.1:
    - added ability to filter Hotlist

10/31/09 v0.4.6:
    - added ability to select a specific Due Date

10/24/09 v0.4.5:
    - added ability to refresh Hotlist view

9/07/09 v0.4.3:
    - added view menu toggle between Add Task and Hotlist views

9/4/09 v0.4.1:
    - fixed hotlist
    - changed hotlist sort to duedate then priority

8/30/09 v0.4.0:
    - added ability to save default preferences
    - added ability to view Toodledo hotlist

8/27/09 v0.2.0:
    - added Status, Repeat fields
    - modified Due Date entry to allow selection of No Due Date, Today, Tomorrow, etc.
    - fixed key timeout

Thanks! to remix2000 for the icon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by haeffb; 11/22/2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Updated version
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm going to give this a try. Any idea if a WebOS Toodledo client is in the works?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Uh .. so this doesn't sync with anything?
    Great start! Really looking forward to a full Toodledo Pre app and willing to pay for it! This and a updated Evernote app will just about complete my productivity needs. Thanks.
    Works just live you've described it! A good 'task manager' is very much needed on the Pre and until Palm makes a native one, Toodledo works quite well.
    Paul
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks for working on task list support!

A) Toodledo DOES sync - there's a 3rd party client for outlook which I use. It's a tad buggy (makes you give it access to outlook) but it works!
    Chromatic Dragon - ToodledoSync Application Information

B) Is there a good web-app for Toodledo? I tried the /slim version, but it doesn't fit my screen properly.
  7.    #7  
    I know there's another developer who is working on a full-featured todo list for Pre that will sync with Toodledo. Don't know how far away he is from having something to release, though.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just as an FYI, Dial2Do is a free service that allows you to add toodledo tasks by speaking them into your phone. I have this as a speed dial shortcut and when you dial it, it asks you what you want to do. Just say "Toodle Do" and then speak your task. It will then show up in your ToodlDo task list, but without a category. Pretty slick when you are on the road and want to add a task. You can also send emails and text messages using dial2do.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Thanks! I never knew about toodledo until I saw this. I'm currently using RememberTheMilk (paid, in fact), but there are some things I don't like.

Given that the web version (slim) of toodledo doesn't work with the Pre, I'll likely wait for the other developer (Joel) to finish the Pre version.

On the other hand, you might want to consider expanding this app to support other web-based todo apps, like RememberTheMilk. They have a similar API.

Anyway, this looks good and seems to work well. Only a few suggestions:

(1) I agree that offering "today," "tomorrow," and the like would be good.

(2) The ability to preset the default priority.

(3) While most new tasks would have no status, I actually use this field and have occasion to create a new task that's already in progress, delegated, etc. Not a high priority to add this, but if you're adding other fields, status might be a nice choice.

(4) Ability to define repeats. I appreciate that this is complex, but if you're looking for ideas.

(5) It might be going a bit further than this app was intended, but if it could also show a hotlist or today/overdue tasks, that'd be great. Even if it didn't sync or allow updates, just being able to see my hotlist would be terribly useful (while we're waiting for the full blown sync app).
  10.    #10  
    What part of the slim version doesn't work for you?

Default priority would be pretty easy. Default folders, contexts, etc. might be more difficult, since they can change (add/delete) outside TaskAdder. Will give that some thought.

Can add status easily, but I like having the "Add Task" button at the bottom of the screen and more options would push it further down and require scrolling. Might need to make some other formatting changes, too.

Adding repeats should also be fairly easy to add, but again would take screen space.

Maybe just show folder and priority, then a drawer with "more options" would work. I'll look into that.

I like the idea of showing the task list, and that's on my to-do list. I want to investigate the possibility of location-based alerts, so that you can assign a location to a context and the Pre would alert you that you have tasks to be done when you arrive there. That's further down the road, though, so to speak.
  11.    #11  
    Oh, and I have looked at the RTM api. It seems a little more complicated than Toodledo's but should be doable. I'd like to get the Toodledo version a little more fleshed out first.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It comes up very tiny. I find that zooming doesn't work well for me, particularly when I also have to pan.

I ONCE had it come up "correctly" (i.e., looking like it would on an iPhone, properly zoomed and sized), but I can't recreate it.

Default priority would be pretty easy. Default folders, contexts, etc. might be more difficult, since they can change (add/delete) outside TaskAdder. Will give that some thought.
    Agreed.

Can add status easily, but I like having the "Add Task" button at the bottom of the screen and more options would push it further down and require scrolling. Might need to make some other formatting changes, too.... Maybe just show folder and priority, then a drawer with "more options" would work. I'll look into that.
    I agree -- I'm not a fan of having to scroll to get to the button, unless absolutely necessary.

One approach would be the one that Toodledo takes: you get to set which "columns" you want. For me, priority and context are rarely used (but I won't say "never"), but status would be more used. And for someone that's using a particular methodology, like GTD (I don't think Covey is supported with Toodledo?), the context is critical.

I appreciate that having that sort of flexibility is a big job, though. So, what you picked for now seems fine.

Maybe, if you decide to add fields, put the key ones above the button, then put a few of the extras below the button (requiring a scroll)?

I like the idea of showing the task list, and that's on my to-do list. I want to investigate the possibility of location-based alerts, so that you can assign a location to a context and the Pre would alert you that you have tasks to be done when you arrive there. That's further down the road, though, so to speak.
    That would be very cool.

Thanks again for working on the app.
  13.    #13  
    New version 0.2.0 should be available in Homebrew soon.
  14.    #14  
    Here's a teaser of what I've been working on tonight. Lots of polish needed, but I can pull in a Toodledo Task List. First draft will likely be a simple hotlist, with Priority 3 and due within the next 7 days...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update (and the teaser)!

I think you handled the issue of scrolling vs. button very well.

A few thoughts. First, I see that you changed the default priority to 0. That's much better than always having it high (which I think, was how it was before). I still look forward to this as a user setting, since not everyone will agree.

For due date, I see you got rid of being able to pick any date in favor of a list. In general, I prefer the change, since most of my tasks are going to be tomorrow or one week. However, it'd be nice to have an "advanced" or "calendar" choice on the list for those days when this is not the case. Now, what I'd REALLY like is a few other choices, such as "coming Monday." The reasons is that, sometimes, tomorrow is a Saturday or Sunday and I want to make a task due when I get into the office. I realize that this is not a Toodledo choice, so you'd have to program the date math yourself. Now, a full date picker (i.e., a month view calendar) would be even better, but I gotta think that'd be difficult.

I assume repeat is "from due date" and not "from complete." Which is fine, since I consider "from complete" (while VERY useful and one of the reasons I've moved to Toodledo from RememberTheMilk) to kind of an advanced thing that's worth visiting the web site to setup.

I assume "with parent" is a pro user feature, working only for subtasks?

Anyway, keep up the good work. Your app is officially the most used homebrew I own (other than ActiveHomeScreen alpha, which is always running). And fourth, only to web, mail, and calendar. (Yes, that's right, I use it more than the phone).

Can wait for the hotlist capability. I presume by "Priority 3 and due within the next 7 days" you mean EITHER (as ToodleDo does), not both?
  16.    #16  
    I'll be working on preferences to add defaults - likely for the same fields that Toodledo allows for defaults.

The due date field will get a "Select Date" option with a date picker like it had previously - WebOS doesn't have a calendar-style date widget.

I'll add an option for repeat from completed. Should that be a preference, or selectable for each task...?

"with Parent" is for Pro accounts with subtasks. I suppose I could check account info to see if you have a Pro account before displaying "with Parent" and such.

Yes, for the hotlist, I'll have "Priority" and "Due Within" options in preferences, and pull in any task that meets either criteria.

Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to put in some time this weekend...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I know you didn't ask me, but I thought I'd throw in my $0.02 worth here. I've never tried the slim version, but I find the full version works fine on my Pre for browsing and checking things off (except changing the priority was broken the last time I tried, but I haven't tried it in a while -- it looks like they updated the full web version in the last day or so to handle subtasks better, which is nice). However, the full version is really cumbersome for adding tasks on the Pre -- lots of scrolling, and potentially hitting the wrong thing and losing work. So your app fills that gap nicely, especially now that I can set up a repeat with it, which I do a lot.

I originally switched to Toodledo because the task app on the Pre is so pathetic, but at this point I really like having a web-accessible task list. While a task list built into your app would be nice, like I said, I really don't have a problem using the full version on the Pre for browsing and checking things off.

Keep up the great work!

-- robert
    Simple, but great and very useful! Of course I'd love to see a full featured syncing app, but this is very helpful. Thanks for your work!
  19.    #19  
    Version 0.4.0 has been submitted to the homebrew page.

Now includes saved preferences and a hotlist.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is a great app. Really like the addition of default values.

I tried the new 0.4 version and the hotlist. It is always blank for me no matter what number of days and priority I choose. Does it work for others?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast