Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Thank you for adding defaults!

Like byrne05, I can't get hotlist to work. But I really appreciate your work in adding this feature.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by byrne05 View Post
    This is a great app. Really like the addition of default values.

I tried the new 0.4 version and the hotlist. It is always blank for me no matter what number of days and priority I choose. Does it work for others?

Thanks.
    It's not blank for me, but I can't figure out exactly what it's doing. It's not entirely deterministic in its ordering, and I can't seem to find any pattern in the order, either. It's definitely not date or priority. It also shows low priority items even though my cutoff is set to medium. I'd prefer it look like the hotlist that gets emailed, which is date-sorted. But again, this isn't really a big deal for me, since I usually leave a browser card open on the full web app anyway. It's great that you're continuing to evolve it so quickly -- thanks again!

-- robert
  3.    #23  
    There is currently no sorting or formatting of the hotlist. It'll just show any tasks you have that meet the criteria. Sorting and displaying additional info (folder, priority, etc) to come.

For those who have a blank hotlist, do you have tasks that meet the criteria? If you set the hotlist on the main Toodledo site to the same settings, does it give a list?

I just realized one problem - it will not show tasks with a past due date. I will try to fix that tonight.
    Last edited by haeffb; 08/31/2009 at 10:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    For those who have a blank hotlist, do you have tasks that meet the criteria? If you set the hotlist on the main Toodledo site to the same settings, does it give a list?
    I've got it set for 7 days. I know, for a fact, that I have many tasks due in the next 7 days.

I've even tried setting the priority threshold to 0, thinking that maybe the problem was that a task needed to be BOTH within 7 days AND have a priority of at least 0 (which isn't what Toodledo does, which is an "OR"). Still get nothing.

Nor do I get anything if I set priority threshold to 1, which is (currently) the priority for all my tasks.

In other words, no matter what I try, nothing comes up on the hotlist.
  5.    #25  
    Hotlist is going to take more work than I have time for right now. Maybe this weekend...having to work 8 hours a day bites...doesn't leave enough time for hobbies.
  6.    #26  
    Posted 0.4.1 in homebrew gallery with a (hopefully) fixed hotlist. Still needs polish, but it should be working now...
    Quote Originally Posted by brownjimd View Post
    Great start! Really looking forward to a full Toodledo Pre app and willing to pay for it! This and a updated Evernote app will just about complete my productivity needs. Thanks.

Couldn't agree more. And I'd prefer to keep my date in Outlook and have a great way to have a constant sync with tasks and notes twins on the Pre. Completely willing to pay for it.

Please :-)
  8.    #28  
    version 0.4.2 has bee uploaded to the homebrew gallery. Just a quick update to provide a working hotlist sorted by duedate then priority.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just downloaded the latest version. Awesome job on the hotlist. I like the sorted list.

You are doing an awesome job with updates and enhancements. I look forward to every day to see what else you have done.

Thanks, Tom
  10.    #30  
    v0.4.3 has been uploaded to the homebrew gallery. Added a view menu to toggle between Add Task and Hotlist views.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I like the addition of the toggle. This makes it much simpler to switch back and forth.

Not sure if this would be simple, but I like to look at my todo list for just those items that are due today. I know I pretty much have that because you have the sort by date in the hotlist but wondering if it would be possible to add a 0 number of days. This way it would only show things due today or before.

Thanks for all your work on this.

Tom
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The toggle is a great addition -- it's much easier than having it on the menu. Keep up the great work!

-- robert
  13.    #33  
    Uploading 0.4.4 now. It won't show up as updated since I'm not really adding new features, but the new version should download in filecoaster or etc.

It includes the option for 0 days and "No Priority" in the hotlist settings. You'll have to select both 0 days and "No Priority" to ONLY show those tasks due today. Or 0 days and some other priority to show tasks due today AND tasks that meet the priority criteria regardless of due date. Also fixed an issue with tasks that have & or ; in the task title.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Wow. You are really good. I put in a suggestion and a few hours later it is there.

About the only thing I need now is a check box so I can check those items off the hotlist and I will have the toodledo app I need on the PRE.

Thanks again for all your work.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by byrne05 View Post
    Wow. You are really good. I put in a suggestion and a few hours later it is there.

About the only thing I need now is a check box so I can check those items off the hotlist and I will have the toodledo app I need on the PRE.

Thanks again for all your work.
    Yeah. It's almost as if I'm stalking you or something...!

The checkbox will be a little more complicated and I can't guarantee that I'll ever go that far. TaskAdder has already gone well beyond my initial project scope, but it's been a fun learning experience. I've got another project in mind that I might switch to for a bit...and finding time to work on WebOS apps is getting more difficult...I have other fall/winter hobbies that will take up a lot of free time. Just don't want to set expectations too high!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's always gratifying to know that people are actually using something I built. (FYI, Toodledo tracks API usage by appid, and TaskAdder has 138 unique users to date.)
    I like this app. Any chance of it syncing with Google tasks or Outlook tasks?
  17.    #37  
    It could work with Google, or any other web-based task list that has an API that can be accessed with an Ajax request. Outlook, not so much.
    It could work with Google, or any other web-based task list that has an API that can be accessed with an Ajax request. Outlook, not so much.
    I consider myself a relatively advanced end-user, but know nothing about API, Ajax, or any other foreign words like that. Does this mean this may be a future feature on this particular app?
    The due date field will get a "Select Date" option with a date picker like it had previously - WebOS doesn't have a calendar-style date widget.
    Really like this program. Thanks. Any progress on allowing us to pick a specific due date?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I consider myself a relatively advanced end-user, but know nothing about API, Ajax, or any other foreign words like that. Does this mean this may be a future feature on this particular app?
    It means that it's possible to do the same things with Google, Remember the Milk, or some other web-based task list services.

An Application Programming Interface(API) is a defined method of interacting with Toodledo, etc., to tell it who you are (login) and what data you want to send/receive. Ajax requests are the method that WebOS uses to communicate with those APIs. There is a Toodledo API called "getTasks" for instance, and I send an Ajax request from TaskAdder to Toodledo with getTasks and certain parameters like date range and priority. Toodledo responds with all the tasks that meet those parameters in an XML format that I read with Javascript and present in the hotlist.

Google and RTM have similar API's, albeit different enough that adding those services to TaskAdder wouldn't be a trivial task.

It's all quite magical, in the sense that you have to know the particular spell to do something and you have to get the syntax of the incantation just right or it fails.

On the other hand, Outlook doesn't have an Ajax-based API and I will not be able to get TaskAdder to work with Outlook directly - however, for instance, there is another third-party sync tool for Toodledo to sync with Outlook...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast