1.    #1  
    Well, I just downloaded this game, and It's great... except the avatar blocks the lower row of letters! this=unplayable.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    What are you talking about? I don't have this issue. Perfectly playable
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yeah, me neither... that's strange you're experiencing that. The game is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by iixnullxii View Post
    Well, I just downloaded this game, and It's great... except the avatar blocks the lower row of letters! this=unplayable.
    Hi, iixnullxii - if you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing, that'd be great. Hard to tell exactly what you're seeing from the description - we've never had a problem with it.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Anyone else have an issue with this game not recognizing words? I'm only playing in practice mode to get the hang of it, but it hasn't recognized ANY words that I've tried to use. Everything ALWAYS gets a "Fail: Not a Word" =(
    "Anyone else have an issue with this game not recognizing words? I'm only playing in practice mode to get the hang of it, but it hasn't recognized ANY words that I've tried to use. Everything ALWAYS gets a "Fail: Not a Word" =( "

Yeah I get this too it always does that in training mode for some reason but it works fine in regular mode. I'm not sure if it's because training mode is offline it dosen't check the words or what the deal is.
    Grays and bdickman (and anyone else), there's a new update to Word Ace that fixes the "Not A Word" issues. I hope that helps!

-Dan (1218 on WordAce. Add me!)
    Self Aware Games
    Last edited by incidentist; 08/24/2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Adding my wordace info
    I love this game, but it would be awesome if it had a scrabble-like dictionary so you could check words. There are words in common use ("latte") that aren't in the approved dictionary, and it would be good to know that before you played them.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    I'm a novice, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.

Does anyone know or can anyone point me to detailed rules for Word Ace? I love the game, but I often find out the hard way that certain words don't count.

For example, it appears that names of any kind don't get through (people names, city names, brand names, etc). On the other hand, I once saw an acronym count. I can only assume it was an acronym because it was three letters with no vowel (not even a "Y"). If I could remember the three letters, it would be a better example, but unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to write them down.

Are detailed rules posted somewhere? A player once told me the word needed to be a "proper noun", but that doesn't include verbs, adjectives, and the like, which clearly work.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejt2222 View Post
    I'm a novice, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.

Does anyone know or can anyone point me to detailed rules for Word Ace? I love the game, but I often find out the hard way that certain words don't count.

For example, it appears that names of any kind don't get through (people names, city names, brand names, etc). On the other hand, I once saw an acronym count. I can only assume it was an acronym because it was three letters with no vowel (not even a "Y"). If I could remember the three letters, it would be a better example, but unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to write them down.

Are detailed rules posted somewhere? A player once told me the word needed to be a "proper noun", but that doesn't include verbs, adjectives, and the like, which clearly work.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    The dictionary that Word Ace uses is a standard competition-level word game dictionary, so it uses "standard" rules, which, if you've played Scrabble, you're probably familiar with. No proper nouns, no acronyms, etc. There are some words that don't contain any vowels at all (HMM, for instance), but that's the general jist of it.

Thanks!
    seppo
    I myself have played and enjoyed the game. However, now when the game starts, my 2 down cards appear for a second and then flip over. I can't see them unless I hit the mix button on the lower left and then they appear in the bottom row with the community cards which have been shown. When I try to make a word, if it uses either of the 2 down cards, I cannot see them to drop them onto the bottom line to create the final word. Has anyone else had this happen and if so how do you get the cards to stay face up while the game is in progress? Thanks for any suggestions.