Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    When are we gonna see Epocrates on Web OS? What gives??? Sorry, just wanted to vent.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Yeah..i got it on classic, but would much prefer a native app...seems that both epocrates and palm haven't really comitted to any kind of time frame.
    Last edited by rbcmd; 08/22/2009 at 10:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    Yeah..i got it on classic, and would much porefer a native app...seems that both epocrates and palm haven't really comitted to any kind of time frame.
    Maybe I should break down and get classic. How do I get the emulator? Is it free?
    WORD.
    Posted earlier. Although not yet for us, it does look good and with similar functions.

Medscape iPhone App

Would like to see Medscape Mobile for WebOS as well.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    Maybe I should break down and get classic. How do I get the emulator? Is it free?
    If you are referring to Classic app for Palm Pre then you will have to spend $. and it is available with motion apps. Hope it helps
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Eh, I don't see Classic as a long term answer. Palm would be silly not to work with epocrates on this one. IMO, the Pre will be virtually muscled out of the healthcare market without it.
    i wrote them on their wall in their facebook page. Maybe if we write enough on their wall they'll let it loose!

i think its epocrates inc fb profile.
    Is there a way some developer (I have no JAVA or program writing skills) could adapt epocrates or micromedex via the homebrew apps, onto the Pre?? I have the palmpre and love it, but really want some quality apps, especially for my job (PharmD). I haven't downloaded classic because most of the reviews look negative. Any comments on the 'class app' which also costs $30!! Thanks!
    I too have been awaiting epocrates. Without it, my Pre is pretty much useless. I refuse to buy that POS classic app.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Register me too. Epocrates and datebk and I would be really happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    Yeah..i got it on classic, but would much prefer a native app...seems that both epocrates and palm haven't really comitted to any kind of time frame.
    Remember how Ed C said they would have support on day one, and what happened (they did not). Palm is still full of empty promises. I did return my Pre and so did my wife. If the new Eos has an Micros SD I will try the Palm Web OS again. we have waited 2-4 years for this phone which should have been released a least a year ago if not for the mess up with the "foolish foleo" How come no heads rolled with that business mis judgement??
    Is there a way some developer (I have no JAVA or program writing skills) could adapt epocrates or micromedex via the homebrew apps, onto the Pre?? I have the palmpre and love it, but really want some quality apps, especially for my job (PharmD).
    Epocrates downloads the drug database and updates direct to the device -- it doesn't use web-based queries. I'm not sure an independent developer would be able to make a homebrew app to do this without the cooperation of Epocrates, and the company would have no incentive to help a developer do so. I need Epocrates as well; we may have to just keep bugging them to create a WebOS version.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    Dr. Josh, you can have my license for the emulator if you want it?
    PM me, the license should be transferable?

If I get the Pre, I want only web os programs
    I have talked to the Epocrates people a little, and it is my impression that they are waiting to see how the Pre/WebOS fairs in the mobile world. It is on their radar, and I think they a ready to go on development, but they just want to make sure they aren't wasting their time.

Honestly, the best thing that could happen in the Eos being released. This would help to solidify WebOS and will probably bring even more developers in. All in all, consider how long it took epocrates to make it to the iphone, the fact that Epocrates was already adapted for classic gives me hope and tells me that the Epocrates people are paying attention to palm's new offerings.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I have talked to the Epocrates people a little, and it is my impression that they are waiting to see how the Pre/WebOS fairs in the mobile world. It is on their radar, and I think they a ready to go on development, but they just want to make sure they aren't wasting their time.
    That would be kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy if developers don't create apps for webos because webos devices aren't selling well.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    That would be kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy if developers don't create apps for webos because webos devices aren't selling well.
    True, but remember epocrates is a subscription service. So, it isn't a matter of coding a single app, but being able to support it for a while. My guess is that they are writing it as we speak, but they didn't want to tell me anything concrete.

Also, since they already have a web app and WebOS is basically an extension of that. Decent coders should be able to do a port in a week or two.

If the rumor about 150+ apps hitting the app catalog is true, then I would say there is a decent enough chance that epocrates might be in there.
    I find classic to be an acceptable sollution. I leave a card open with classic on epocrates all day, it is actually a faster for me on the pre than my wm omnia, and much easier to type on.

I find with my current setup I can do a web search and check epocrates in the same time it would take to do one or the other on the omnia or even my wifes ipod touch. The downside is that the touch has some really nice features for epocrates that really need to be on the pre.

I am definitely looking forward to a native release, but I guess with classic I am not feeling it that acutely right now.
    I am not a doctor and have never used Epocrates, so forgive me if this is completely off the mark, but have you seen this homebrew app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/premedi?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I am not a doctor and have never used Epocrates, so forgive me if this is completely off the mark, but have you seen this homebrew app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/premedi?
    yes, and it is quite handy,

however epocrates is useful for a many many more things than that, one of the biggest is as a reference for dosing, side effects and the various interactions between thousands of drugs health-care workers use every day.

I know what I said, and i'm going to leave it.
    There are four lights.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast