Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vuminhthule View Post
    That looks good from the demo. I'll try it. However, I can't get the WebOS quick install to connect to my device. Please advise...
    Just follow the steps here carefully

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Thanks. I'm a pediatrician and really need the epocrates pediatric dosing portion which on the Drugview is not enabled--at least I can't get to it. I've never used the other drug programs, and don't think they will be useful for me. After trying a simple drug Bactrim, Mims gave me something totally unrelated and asking it to search the drugs from the page gives me an error. Mobi you have to scroll down forever and after a while I got tired of it and never found pediatric dosing recommendations. I'd really like to only use one handheld device (now I carry both my iTouch and my Pre). Any other suggestions?
    Thanks. I'm a pediatrician and really need the epocrates pediatric dosing portion which on the Drugview is not enabled--at least I can't get to it. I've never used the other drug programs, and don't think they will be useful for me. After trying a simple drug Bactrim, Mims gave me something totally unrelated and asking it to search the drugs from the page gives me an error. Mobi you have to scroll down forever and after a while I got tired of it and never found pediatric dosing recommendations. I'd really like to only use one handheld device (now I carry both my iTouch and my Pre). Any other suggestions?
    Lexi-Comp has announced that they are releasing a native webOS app. If Lexi-comp is coming to WebOS my guess is epocrates will too just to have competition. I am a medical student so I don't have an absolute need for epocrates or lexi-comp, but it sure would be useful.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    News for all in this thread:

Update: Epocrates ceasing support for some Palm, WinMo devices
    Wednesday - September 16th, 2009 - 01:47pm EST by Brian Dolan

A representative from Epocrates has clarified the announcement that the company would no longer support older Windows Mobile and Palm devices — the company said that the majority of Palm OS devices will continue to have support from Epocrates. Here’s the update:

“We are not ceasing support for all Palm and Windows Mobile devices, only a handful of older operating systems that do not have the memory or power to run future content and feature enhancements we have in the pipeline. Some of the devices affected include Palm Zire and iPAQ 3835, however, this will only impact a small percentage of our user base.”

Palm continues to be a prominent platform for us, and we will continue to support the majority of Palm OS devices as well as work to develop a native application for the Palm Pre. We are proactively reaching out to customers on these older devices to help them migrate to new platforms over the next 4-6 months. Bottomline for your readers: Palm and Windows Mobile are platforms Epocrates continues to proudly support.”

Update: Epocrates ceasing support for some Palm, WinMo devices | mobihealthnews

Epocrates: Nurses prefer Palm but physicians love the iPhone
    September 15, 2009 — 1:09pm ET | By Neil Versel

A recently released survey from mobile healthcare software developer Epocrates indicates that nurses still prefer Palm PDAs and smartphones for viewing Epocrates reference tools, though the iPhone/iPod touch and BlackBerry platforms are gaining. But in an interview with FierceMobileHealthcare last week, Michelle Snyder, Epocrates' senior VP for subscriber business, said that the iPhone is far and away the most popular device among physicians.

San Mateo, CA-based Epocrates counts 800,000 active users of its software in the U.S., 250,000 of whom are physicians. Since the company made its applications available in the Apple App Store about 14 months ago, 115,000 physicians have downloaded an Epocrates iPhone app, Snyder says. "We're getting more than 300 new docs a day on the iPhone." She adds that doctors love the high-res images of medications and disease patterns that other devices don't display as well as the iPhone.

BlackBerry is the second-most-popular platform for Epocrates among physicians, and the user base is expanding. Windows Mobile usage is flat, Snyder says, while just a "core group of doctors" who have aging Palm 5X or Treo devices continue to prefer the Palm OS. But the first company to find success making PDAs may be on the verge of a comeback among doctors, as Epocrates is working on an app for the hot-selling Palm Pre smartphone. "We get more e-mails for the Palm Pre than anything else right now," Snyder says.

Read more: Epocrates: Nurses prefer Palm but physicians love the iPhone - FierceMobileHealthcare
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Lexi Comp is probably overkill for physicians. Much more in depth and probably of more use to pharmacists. However, epocrates isn't always right either...
    In the webkit view it seems Epocrates will display the entire monograph so you get the Paeds dosing just below the adult dosing. It does not display in "sections" like the full browser view. What you see in Drugview is essentially like in the mobile webkit browser.
    As for MIMS, yes it does not list Bactrim but a search for Septrin leads you to the generic name. But if one enters Co-trimoxazole you get it in MIMS as well .
    I guess sticking with generic names is the best bet.
    We are looking to see if a List filter can help with drug name entry but it will take a bit of research and work.
    In the meantime keep on using and help provide us with more feedback.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I get the information while browsing the Skyscape products are available on palm pre device but they require classic to install and we have to pay some $ for this software.
    I got this reply from Epocrates when I asked for an ETA:

Thanks for checking in with us. Of course we haven’t forgotten about the platform we started on 10 years ago! It’s still going strong and we have a lot in the pipeline for you. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on developing a native application for the Palm Pre that we plan to launch by the end of the year.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, you can install the Classic emulator on to the Palm Pre to use Epocrates software including Epocrates Rx, Epocrates Rx Pro and Epocrates Essentials. We'll keep you posted.
    I would also like to know when Epocrates will be available? or I will be switching to an iphone or droid soon after May when the current timeframe is up. The reason I purchased a palm pre is I had grown up on palm and wanted to keep it the same, but in my field I need epocrates available to me. I have tried pepid and lexipro but not the same. I think palm web os will be losing lots of customers unless they can talk epocrates into coming around. I know I've talked to them several times and I have not been happy with their responses.
    Rise! Rise, my child!

Yes, there has been news about Epocrates here http://forums.precentral.net/general...ates-back.html
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyrajat View Post
    I got this reply from Epocrates when I asked for an ETA:

Thanks for checking in with us. Of course we haven’t forgotten about the platform we started on 10 years ago! It’s still going strong and we have a lot in the pipeline for you. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on developing a native application for the Palm Pre that we plan to launch by the end of the year.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, you can install the Classic emulator on to the Palm Pre to use Epocrates software including Epocrates Rx, Epocrates Rx Pro and Epocrates Essentials. We'll keep you posted.
    Just FYI the classic emulator is a joke to use. Not at all a beta version and ridiculous to assume able to use with a touchscreen.
    where have you guys been?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajc_622 View Post
    I would also like to know when Epocrates will be available? or I will be switching to an iphone or droid soon after May when the current timeframe is up. The reason I purchased a palm pre is I had grown up on palm and wanted to keep it the same, but in my field I need epocrates available to me. I have tried pepid and lexipro but not the same. I think palm web os will be losing lots of customers unless they can talk epocrates into coming around. I know I've talked to them several times and I have not been happy with their responses.
    Just FYI - I thought the same, tried an Android Samsung Epic, and got so disgusted with it after 4 months that I reactivated my Pre and got Lexicomp. Lexi is not as fast to use, and have to pay for the drug interaction module, too, but has better info, and, best of all, I get the great WebOS Synergy experience back, instead of the Android chaOS.

I do miss being able to tap on a pediatric dose in Epocrates and have it take me right to the calculator for weight, but the Pre version of Epocrates never did that. I used to also like the 5MCC in Epocrates with links back to the meds, but that isn't included anymore, anyway. I also was using Classic for a while, but was too annoying to have to use in clinic with keyboard in and out and made for stylus, not fingers.

As for Epocrates, on my Epic (wifi only now) I had been syncing it every couple weeks, in case my Pre dies or is lost. However, Epocrates is in an neverending frozen download on it for last 2 weeks that starts immediately when I turn the phone on, and will not start. Not what I would want in clinic or my busy hospitalist days!

I am now hanging in there, hoping Lexi gets more streamlined, or Epocrates comes back, or both, but at least enjoying using my phone again for the non-medical functions without the Android hassle.

I have no experience with iPhones to go on. However, at least WebOS and Android chaOS don't have to take over your computer! After iTunes locked up my wife's computer to the point of format and reinstall when I got her an iPod, I won't let it on our computers again.

Just a sobering note of my expensive experience with chAOS - your experience on other OS's may be better...
    I personally think Medscape mobile beats Epocrates. It has a good drug reference, interaction checker, and a huge library (eMedicine, Clinical procedures, Anatomy, Slideshows), Medical News, Full text journals, Alerts and CME - all for free. The only thing lacking is formularies but the fact that you get much more without having to subscribe, it's a clear winner in my books.
    You might want to check out my unofficial Medscape webOS app which I wrote about here:
    Medscape mobile
    I hope Medscape will come out with an official app and support offline access, but until they do I think my app makes life easier even if I say so myself
    Palmdoc, you are Dr. Webos
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Palmdoc, you are Dr. Webos
    I second this!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    So today Epocrates is gone. Out with the old, in with the new.

I USED to be a big fan of Epocrates, especially as a new, wet behind the ears doc in residency and then in practice.

Now, with 10 years of practice, and trying Epocrates, LexiComp, and Medscape (along with some other Rx apps that aren't worth mentioning), after 2 months without it, I really don't miss Epocrates. LexiComp has much more thorough information, if the interface is not "as clean". I started using just the Drug and 5MCC databases when Epocrates began announcing their exit. Yesterday I purchased the $215 LexiComp Select package. Better info. Better WebOS support. Better mousetrap. BETTER.

It was nice knowing you Epocrates. Like Thorazine, you were once a useful tool, now becoming a memory as better tools have come up....
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyrajat View Post

Since Epocrates shut down I haven't been able to install it on my Classic emulator. I did at one point (before the native app beta), which makes it all the more annoying. I get as far as entering my epocrates login info, then get an error message that <AutoUpdate> has performed an illegal operation. It then lists pretty much every application as having been running at the moment when the error occurred.

Anyone have any ideas, or been successful (recently) in installing epocrates on Classic?
    I hate to ask this, but is there anyway to get a copy of the Epocrates WebOS app. I had it on my Pre but then I had to replace my broken Pre.

I want to install a copy of it. I had made it work just by changing the date of the Pre. I would back date the Pre use Eprocrates and then when I was done, reset my clock back to the current time.

Ok, probably not legal but it was the only app that I could run off-line.

Can anyone help me out privately?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I hate to ask this, but is there anyway to get a copy of the Epocrates WebOS app. I had it on my Pre but then I had to replace my broken Pre.

I want to install a copy of it. I had made it work just by changing the date of the Pre. I would back date the Pre use Eprocrates and then when I was done, reset my clock back to the current time.

Ok, probably not legal but it was the only app that I could run off-line.

Can anyone help me out privately?

Thanks!

Rob
    How in the world do you change the date?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast