Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    does anyone know if either lexicomp or micromedex software work on the palmos emulator? I have a subscription to both through school but am wary of paying the $30 for the palmos emulator if it isn't even gonna work.
    Premedi is a good program, but it is a calculator for several different formulas. Epocrates is a large database of information that doctors and other individuals in medical fields use a quick reference when looking up drugs and other info.

It was a good thought, but they are just different beasts.
    First, let me say I have been using epocrates since 2000 with my first Palm III. So, I am very familiar with all of palm and epocrates over the years. (I remember when we could use the entire database under 2mb). I agree, I really did not want to run epocrates on classic, but it does work. And, it actually runs faster on the pre vs my old 700p, although I miss the stylus. I too am disappointed with palm and epocrates from day one. I remember watching when Apple got cozy with epocrates and had them demonstrate at some meeting. I was soooooo hoping that would be the same way with "the new webOS." Oh well.. I do think that in time that epocrates will have a native app in webOS. And, after playing with epocrates on apple (itouch / iphone) and running on palm, I am convinced that they will have a new app out and it will be a great combo of both platforms. Anyways.. that is just my 2 cents. Now let's talk about skyscape...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks for that, but this homebrew is a medical calculator. ePocrates is a medication database (like a PDR), which also includes such a calculator.

[Edit: sorry for the post, didn't realize others had said this]
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Lexi Online works fine in the web browser
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Pepi mobile works well online in the Pre browser as well
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Dr. Josh, you can have my license for the emulator if you want it?
    PM me, the license should be transferable?

If I get the Pre, I want only web os programs
    Thanks dude, but I think I agree with you - I prefer webOS apps only at this point. If Epocrates doesn't show up soon - in say a months or so, I may (dare I say it) switch to iPhone.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    Thanks dude, but I think I agree with you - I prefer webOS apps only at this point. If Epocrates doesn't show up soon - in say a months or so, I may (dare I say it) switch to iPhone.
    My feelings also.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i am in agreement here, we really need epocrates - the classic version is a waste of my time. by the time i am able to pull up classic, then epocrates, one of the med students with an iphone is reading back the info to me.
    I agree, as a healthcare professional I couldn't wait anymore.

I just bought a blackberry tour
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelan View Post
    i am in agreement here, we really need epocrates - the classic version is a waste of my time. by the time i am able to pull up classic, then epocrates, one of the med students with an iphone is reading back the info to me.
    I'm a med student, and regularly read back the info on with the epocrates classic card i keep open, before my resident with an iphone can look it up. try leaving the card open.
    There are four lights.
    I started a thread requesting an online drug ref guide fyi:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rmacopeia.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just wrote another email to Epocrates informing them of this thread. Perhaps if more medical users could contact Epocrates directly, they'll push the WebOS version out faster?

Epocrates Search Portal
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    That would be kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy if developers don't create apps for webos because webos devices aren't selling well.
    +1
    Medscape just released a FREE iPhone app, which supposedly includes a full formulary including drug interactions. I emailed them suggesting they develop a WebOS app as well. If ePocrates doesn't do it, hopefully Medscape will.
    One advantage that the PalmOS version has over the iPhone's is that MobileCME isavailable on PalmOS (and WM) but not the iPhone version.
    Are there any forums for doc apps? Or is this it? Unfortunately for us, we didn't go into computer programming, but need applications to make our lives easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by vuminhthule View Post
    Are there any forums for doc apps? Or is this it? Unfortunately for us, we didn't go into computer programming, but need applications to make our lives easier.
    er you could always check this forum out

For those who can't wait for Epocrates WebOS version or use Epocrates in Classic, you might want to check out DrugView in Homebrew.
    NO Webos epocrates app yet but If you really need it, as all you know the Palm Os version is running on Classic for Pre HOW TO INSTALL:

Epocrates Search Portal
    That looks good from the demo. I'll try it. However, I can't get the WebOS quick install to connect to my device. Please advise...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast