Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 315
  1. #141  
    So, if I reset my Pre <cough>webOS Doctor to 1.2</cough>, or delete the app, or anything like that, do I lose my Word Ace profile?

    I assume so, but I'm going to try it anyway, so I guess I'll update based on what happens.

    Edit: As expected, it makes a new profile.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/04/2009 at 07:44 PM.
  2. #142  
    I hope that doesn't happen once the update officially comes out.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    I hope that doesn't happen once the update officially comes out.
    Nope, not if you use the Updates program. The only reason it was affected is because webOS Doctor erases everything to start from scratch.
  4.    #144  
    Your in Redwood City? what a small world. Im in Menlo Park

    And these lines make me happy:

    Self Aware Games: Next on the Pre, I’m happy to announce that we’re making Card Ace, a Texas Hold ‘Em app that has the same Friends List, Awards, emotes, and other features that makes Word Ace so fun to play with your friends. If there’s a demand for it, you’ll see that on the iPhone as well. We’re also working on Word Ace for the web, which you’ll see on Facebook in the next few weeks.

    A hold 'em game on the same system will be amazing! you guys are truly talented. I appreciate everything you have done for us, and for the developing world in general. The revolutionary idea that is Word Ace is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Sure, other games might knock this down on my priority list, but in 5 year from now, I see myself with 1,000,000 chips, and still loving it
    Last edited by Mononoko; 09/04/2009 at 11:34 PM.
  5. #145  
    Wow - thanks, Mononoko!

    re: new profiles - this is actually something we're trying to figure out right now. A couple users have had Pres that have gone south on 'em, so we're working on getting their profiles hooked up to their new devices. Something's a little funny about the process, but we're working on it, and hope to have a solution soon.

    Our goal for an update in the near future is to allow you to actually hook up any device to your WA profile. Its use may not be immediately obvious - but once say, the Facebook version of WA comes out, we want you to be able to merge your account across all platforms. One of the side benefits will be allowing you to transfer from one older device to a new one. So... yeah. We're working on it.

    seppo
  6. #146  
    Actually having paid closer attention now, it appears my profile mostly carried over, and the only thing that didn't was the avatar picture.
  7. #147  
    I actually came across it in the App Catalog on my first day of getting my Pre, but I didn't bother to get it because of the relatively low rating. Read your review and gave it a try, and now I'm hooked! Great game so far, and can't wait to see what's in store in the upcoming updates.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    FWIW, table talk has gotten a bit nasty. The last few days I've seen some ugly sexual harassment going on at several tables I've joined. A mute player option would be nice.
    I hate to generalize like this, but I find that a lot of the really annoying people are iPhone users. But I guess that's going to happen just based on the larger market share... means there's also more annoying people on there.

    Anyway, just wanted to point out that on the unofficial leaked 1.2, I can no longer see the bar for the timer to show how much time is left. Everything else works great. Not sure if whatever's causing it will change by the time 1.2 is official, but wanted to point it out anyway.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to point out that on the unofficial leaked 1.2, I can no longer see the bar for the timer to show how much time is left. Everything else works great. Not sure if whatever's causing it will change by the time 1.2 is official, but wanted to point it out anyway.
    Thanks for the heads up, jhoff80.

    Just wanted to ask one thing - we're relying on the almost entirely on the community to spread the word about Word Ace. We're absolutely floored that we've gotten the response we have, and the Tweets and posts on other forums and stuff that we've seen... it's awesome. I just want to ask - if you're having fun with the game - that you continue to help us get people to give the game a shot.

    If you've got friends with a Pre who haven't gotten it yet, or if you've got friends with an iPhone (dodges thrown tomato), please let 'em know about the game!

    Thanks!
    seppo
  10. rayln's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #150  
    so I found out what happens if you clear a table...
    you face level 35 DanBot.

    who I managed to beat with two backwards cards.
    =)

    like six or seven points to his five.
  11. mikeotron's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #151  
    I play during idle time between calls for my job, I got a call and had to stop for the time being so I minimized the app and engaged my screen lock. Went on the job about 45 mins. Coming back from the job I felt the vibrate in my pocket and thought I had received a message. When I pulled the phone out of my pocket, the battery was at less than 10% and the phone shut off. Before the call I was playing with charger plugged in and started the job with a full charge.

    This may seem like a naieve question but when the app is a minimized card is it still connected and therefore drawiing the same power as if you were playing online?
  12. #152  
    i wish the game had sound effect not just music. like the chips dropping in for ex and etc..
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotron View Post
    I play during idle time between calls for my job, I got a call and had to stop for the time being so I minimized the app and engaged my screen lock. Went on the job about 45 mins. Coming back from the job I felt the vibrate in my pocket and thought I had received a message. When I pulled the phone out of my pocket, the battery was at less than 10% and the phone shut off. Before the call I was playing with charger plugged in and started the job with a full charge.

    This may seem like a naieve question but when the app is a minimized card is it still connected and therefore drawiing the same power as if you were playing online?
    Thats one downside of multi tasking. Everything open is running.
  14. #154  
    Just got a new Pre due to some activation problems... Can you guys set my Word Ace rpofile to my new phone?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    i wish the game had sound effect not just music. like the chips dropping in for ex and etc..
    We're working on it.

    seppo
  16. #156  
    Just wanted to drop by (again) and say great, great game (again). Can't wait for the updates and your next webOS game!
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Just wanted to drop by (again) and say great, great game (again). Can't wait for the updates and your next webOS game!
    That's great, Thermodynamic! Glad to hear you're still enjoying the game!

    Thank you!
    seppo
  18. #158  
    And don't worry, I'll keep my word. Once you guys get the donation system up and running, I'll gladly contribute to the excellent team at selfawaregames.
  19. #159  
    With 80,000 registered users, it's time to raise the stakes!

    $4,000 buy-in tables have been unlocked!

    If that terrifies you, you can always select a lower buy-in by using the "Select Table" option. When you hit "Play Now," you'll be dropped into whatever buy-in level the game thinks is appropriate for the number of chips you have.

    Cheers!
    seppo
  20. #160  
    ...in case you're wondering what's next...
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions