Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I would like a beep or something to tell me when its my turn in case I got distracted.
    It should be in the next update.

seppo
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    We're working on it right now. It'll be a little while, still, 'cause we devoted all our resources to the Pre version (we're only five people!), but we've got a playable alpha version already. As soon as it's ready to go, we'll post news on our blog.

Cheers!
    seppo
    You guys rock! This game will be epic if everyone on a Pre / iPhone / PC can all play with/against each other.

P.S. what is the url of your blog?
    I always get fail so i hate the damn game lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    Did you hit the "Use this word" button on the bottom right before time runs out?
    Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    Two things:

1.) As said above, are you hitting "Use This Word" before time runs out?

2.) Are you playing the most recent version?

We had a bug where practice mode was broken when the game launched. We're incredibly sorry, but it has been fixed. If you could give the game another shot, it should work a-ok, now.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    A friend told me she was playing on her Pre and checked another user and it said they were on an iPhone. I don't believe it from what has been reported, so I will ask.

Are there Alpha or Beta testers on the iPhone platform?
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    A friend told me she was playing on her Pre and checked another user and it said they were on an iPhone. I don't believe it from what has been reported, so I will ask.

You should trust your friend!
    seppo
  8.    #108  

I saw one too :P
    This game has been truly addictive. I love it. However, I am crushed that it seems to be falling victim to rampant cheating. I've noticed a marked increase in the last several days.

I am a pretty good Scrabble player, not a complete word geek expert, but I hold my own. When I first started playing this game I was winning my share of hands and quickly rose in levels. I'm currently level 11 with 4051 XP. In the last several days I've hardly won a single hand. I frequently lose to words I've never heard of. (Sorry that I haven't kept track of examples or players.) I am really close to giving up on this game and am really sad about it.

Maybe if there were a way to flag suspected cheaters or remove them from the game I would be able to continue. I understand that this could discriminate against really good players, but I think there are far fewer of them than there are cheaters. I have some ideas about how you might manage this from within the game but this post is getting long enough as it is. If you want my ideas let me know.

Another problem is when you join a table with $400 and someone else has $3000+. The game is slanted from the get go and it's very hard to compete. I've been on both sides of that scenario. I'd suggest a leveling feature where players get automatically moved to a different table and start over with $400 or get bumped up to a higher-level table.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

How are XP calculated???

I have searched everywhere and cannot find this!

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    This game has been truly addictive. I love it. However, I am crushed that it seems to be falling victim to rampant cheating. I've noticed a marked increase in the last several days.

Another problem is when you join a table with $400 and someone else has $3000+. The game is slanted from the get go and it's very hard to compete. I've been on both sides of that scenario. I'd suggest a leveling feature where players get automatically moved to a different table and start over with $400 or get bumped up to a higher-level table.
    My rule of thumb is to immediately leave any table that has a player with more than $3000 in play. 4 times out of 5 it's a cheater who just sits there using an anagrammer and going all in after the flop to sucker after sucker.

If I have a good run and get up over $2500 or so, I leave the table and rejoin (if it's a friend's table) or join another room to bank my winnings anyhow.

Some cheaters seem to be picking new names regularly, but I'll name and shame the ones I remember off-hand and go out of my way to avoid:

Trouble (usually has a baby w/ bottle as their avatar)
    Gulti
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Here's a suggestion that is barely better than nothing. My smiley avatar says, Nice Rack. My frown avatar says CHEATER. When an Ed Hardy D-bag posts a cheated word, they get the cheat sign. I'm a pretty darn good player, and when I lose to a better hand, I tell them Nice Rack.

Maybe, just maybe, if we call in the cheaters publicly, it MIGHT do a little good.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    You should trust your friend!
    seppo
    Thanks, now another question. I've been watching the other players device more careful now. I ran across one called fubar. I think I know what the word fubar means. Hopefully it was someone on your team. What device are they on?
    Here's a suggestion that is barely better than nothing. My smiley avatar says, Nice Rack. My frown avatar says CHEATER. When an Ed Hardy D-bag posts a cheated word, they get the cheat sign. I'm a pretty darn good player, and when I lose to a better hand, I tell them Nice Rack.

Maybe, just maybe, if we call in the cheaters publicly, it MIGHT do a little good.
    I usually ask what a word means if it's one I've never seen before. Usually the anagrammers have to go look it up and it's obvious if they do and respond. Players who know the actual word don't have to do that.

I love it!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

16. dpb
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just had a guy come into my game (NewUser of course, level 1 experience) and split the pot with the guy who won. He had gone all in at the flop, which was conspicuous given the cards on the table.

The odd part was that the word he spelled was either 0 (zero) or O (oh). I couldn't really tell. I tried to take a screen shot, but I was too slow!

I asked if he cheated in the chat window, but he left without answering (no surprise).

Thought you all might like to know. I'm sure that the Word Ace folks would love a screenshot if someone else catches this guy.
    This morning on the train I played four hands with a player named MrvlsSprHro. I won one and he won three. His winning words were 'kex', 'tophi', and 'akene'. I asked him what a 'kex' was and he said "I don't know, I just play alot" and "I've seen lots of wild words".

You be the judge.

Suggestion to selfawaregames: I recommend a player rating, like ebay's seller rating, where users get rated by their fellow players. Honest players get a thumbs up, cheaters get a thumbs down. You could accumulate these ratings and give each user an icon or score or something that tells us if we're playing with respected players or those of questionable ethics. I love this game and don't want to see it ruined by cheaters.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I'd like to view the users on each table and select which table I join. I can sorta keep a mental record of certain d-bags. Or if I am going to play for an hour or two, I can easily recall who the cheaters are so I can leave the table and not come back to the same people.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    If I have a good run and get up over $2500 or so, I leave the table and rejoin (if it's a friend's table) or join another room to bank my winnings anyhow.
    ... That's just as bad as using an anagrammer, in my book, if there's no way for people you've beaten to win their money back.
    Thanks, now another question. I've been watching the other players device more careful now. I ran across one called fubar. I think I know what the word fubar means. Hopefully it was someone on your team. What device are they on?
    Heh. You do have a keen eye. For this one... no comment.
    seppo
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast