Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acg4444 View Post
    What an honor! SMKOUT333 told me the good news this morning. No, I don't mind you tweeting that. I just hope the title doesn't intimidate anyone.
    Who's the Word Ace champ? ACG4444's the champ, baybee! Now everyone'll be gunning for you.

seppo
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I love this game. My friend code is: 18254. I can see my productivity at work decreasing....LOL
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I was playing a hand and the letters were something like pvomc i had b and something else i lost the hand to someone who had an e and an x but the word he used was sappy. some knid of bug or cheat? great game BTW playing it all the time code is 5561
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Mine is 8392
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    I was playing a hand and the letters were something like pvomc i had b and something else i lost the hand to someone who had an e and an x but the word he used was sappy. some knid of bug or cheat? great game BTW playing it all the time code is 5561
    Hey, Derrythe - or anyone else - if you ever see something like that, and have the presence of mind to take a screenshot, please send it to the support e-mail listed in-game. I've never seen that happen!

Thanks!
    seppo
    What do the little D in the lil red area under someone name mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    What do the little D in the lil red area under someone name mean?
    dealer
    Given that the dictionary and card distribution is known (to selfawaregames, at least), it should be trivial to compute the highest and lowest scoring possible words; I wonder what they are?

My main suggestion for gameplay would be a "fast tables" option that boots people after a single missed turn. (e.g. I could select this as a preference and play at only fast tables if one was available)

A foes list would be nice so I could tag obvious cheaters and jerks and not be joined to their tables when I click 'Play Now.'

I have, as another poster here has, seen words show up in a showdown that are obviously not from the hand in play. I don't think the problem is client-side; probably some kind of race condition on the server if the protocol is sensible.

Great game, love it.

(Lemma, 5862)
    I do love this game....too bad it taxes the battery pretty hard!

Friend Code: 2032
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    This is something we're hoping to get fixed as soon as we can, but unfortunately for now (as far as we can tell), there's no way to disable the screensaver from in-game. That is, we can't tell it not to go black after some period of inactivity.

We do, however, have something in place so that in a coming update, you'll be able to tell when it's your turn.

Thanks! Great feedback.
    seppo
    cant you guys borrow some code from the youtube app?
    Hi, all - happy to say that we just got word from Palm that the 0.9.10 update is live! That fixes the Practice Mode dictionary bug, and also polishes up a couple little details.

Download it!!! Do it now!!!

Thanks!
    seppo
    Great job on the update Seppo! I also can see my notifications now while playing. BTW, thanks again for the emails (I'm the "Know Thyself" guy).

Anyway, to all the players ... add me as a friend, I'm 6941
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post
    Great job on the update Seppo! I also can see my notifications now while playing. BTW, thanks again for the emails (I'm the "Know Thyself" guy).

Anyway, to all the players ... add me as a friend, I'm 6941
    Ha! Awesome.
    Small world.

seppo
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    anyone else having trouble downloading this app? i try to download it, but about half way through i get an error stating that the app catalog is down.
    add me 27807
    28326 if ur ready
  18.    #78  
    Edited with Issues. Will continue to update as more feedback is presented.
    - I would like more game options. I know they're coming, but it still deserves a place here. 4000 chip buy in instead of 400, or maybe even a 2000. 4000 does seem to be a lot

*** They are in fact, coming. It didn't make sense to have a higher buy-in option until enough people had the chips to make it worthwhile - but it's happening relatively soon.

- The same concept as a friend list but a ban list. Players in your ban list wont be ignored, but if another game is open, it is a priority over any game with anyone in your ban list. Reasons to ban list someone; Cheating (looking at online unsramblers) or rude or abusive behavior.

*** This is something we're looking at for exactly the reasons you mention. It's a sizable amount of work to implement, but it's definitely an issue we're taking very seriously.

- Maybe its only me, but I think that swiping between default, positive, and negative pictures should have an option to stay permanent until you swipe it back in the settings page, instead of auto moving back after a few seconds.

*** That's how it was originally implemented, but it felt wrong. What we're looking for is a quick visual declaration of "Yeah!" or "Boo!" - what happened when you could switch for a long time was that people rarely stayed neutral, and were almost always either happy or angry all the time. It's a matter of personal taste to some degree, but there was a particular vibe we were looking for.

- Maybe if it works, the ability to see other peoples letters IF you folded during the "create a word" part at the end. Even if you did spam the chat room with what everyone had, its a little too late to do anything, betting is over. And its just nice to be able to occupy yourself if you DID fold.

*** Spamming the chat room is still a problem. Consider it this way - there are times when you know you have a 12-point word, but you also have a 17-point option that you're 80% sure is a word... but not quite. If you knew your opponents couldn't out-spell you, you'd lose that tension completely. We want you to not know until the results are all locked in. Giving the folded players something to do, though... we're working on that.

- A little more detailed tracking features. Right now its pretty basic. There are achievements for winning x hands with a y letter word, but you cant tell how many you won with that many letters. I would like to be able to.

*** More of a UI issue than anything else - Word Ace has so much *stuff* that we wanted to keep things as simple as possible. That said, I'd also love to be able to see how far along the various awards are, and it seems like it's all been pretty clear to users so far, so adding a little 12/60 or something wouldn't clutter things up too much. We were really concerned during the game's development, though, because we have basically all the UI of a word game, AND all the UI of a poker game, AND all the weird ways they intersect. Making it all understandable's been a challenge, and we were really ruthless about un-cluttering where we could. Perhaps a little too much.

- Something to unlock with achievements. Maybe a new song, or new pictures that are similar to the original ones but colored as you progressively get more achievements. Its little things like these that keep people coming back to the game.

*** We're working on stuff like this. Hopefully in an update soon - we've got the art assets done, it's just a matter of getting 'em into the game and testing everything. Shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the feedback! The more we get the better. Obviously, we can't do everything everyone suggests, but we read it all and give everything serious consideration.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Maybe if it works, the ability to see other peoples letters IF you folded during the "create a word" part at the end.
    Whoever suggested that one has never played poker before. This would give people an edge in learning if an opponent is bluffing or not. The only time you should ever see other players cards is when cards are actually played.

Sounds like you guys still have a lot planned. Thanks so much for this great game.

Friend code 2131
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast