Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Hi seppo and selfawaregames!

Thanks for the great app and ingenious concept.

My main gripe is that everything is a bit small. Touch-wise I seem to have no problem, but visually everything seems too squished together or small. I understand that there's a lot going on in this game, but it still looks like you have space to increase the size of some buttons and fonts.

Also I have over 4K in chips according to my chip profile, but why do I start each game with ~300?
    Re: size - things could be a little bigger, sure - but the problem is that if you make everything as big as possible and eat all the space between items, it actually looks a lot more cluttered/worse. The Pre's screen is pretty small, and there's basically two games worth of information to squeeze on there. We did the best we could.

Re: chips - you have your "stash," which is all the chips you have - can be any size. But each game starts with a set buy-in. Right now, it's either $400 or $40, if you manually select the lower blind. So in each game, you'll start with ~$400.

Once we have enough "high rollers", and we've opened up chip purchasing, we'll start opening up higher blind/buy-in tables ($4000, $40,000) - but for now, we want to keep people playing together.

Hope that clears things up a bit!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    The game seems very cool to me except for the fact that I always get FAIL! Not A Word every hand. I didn't know 'dog' was not a word. Am I doing something wrong here? Seems pretty straight forward but not a single word has worked.
    Sounds like you're not hitting the "Use this word" button.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I hate this game... J/K!. It's so darn fun and addictive... I found myself wanting to play it at 2am. Good job guys!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    The glitch where the word isn't used is still occurring for me even in online mode. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    I am a huge fan of Texas hold em' so of course i knew i would like this game. One word....SWEEEEET!

I would like to see an actual texas hold em' game just like this one also. Maybe like the format of Pokerstars.net's style. that would be amazing.
    +1 I e-mailed the developer asking can they make a Texas Hold'em game with this interface. This is what I received:

"Hey, Shawn - thanks for the feedback!

In terms of what we're doing next... you'll see. I don't think you'll be disappointed. "

What does that mean, IDK :/
    I love this game....probably one of the best I've played on any handheld (touch, etc) due to the multiplayer use and unique concept.....

Something has to improve with it's battery consumption though...I can't see myself playing it unless I'm armed with a charger....I played for about 20 minutes this morning and lost 40% of my battery...yikes.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I love the game concept...only problem is that it's quite easy to cheat. There are plenty of "online anagrammers" available. I find it hard to believe that a recent opponent actually knew that "ajivas" and "kaif" were words without some help. And particularly with Pre's multitasking ability...

I also get that sometimes "better cards" will win no matter how good you are at anagramming.

Regardless of the possibility for cheating (and people will cheat no matter what you do...darn people)...it really is a lovely game that shows off the Pre nicely! I'm looking forward to the practice mode!

- Eckless
    Good question is...how much is this going to $$$ when apps are out of beta...???
    $0!

You'll be able to purchase additional chips, or donate a couple bucks to support the game via an in-game interface (if you go to Chips & More, you'll see what it'll look like), but the core game is free. You can play as much as you like, and what you want to pay for it is totally up to you.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    $0!

You'll be able to purchase additional chips, or donate a couple bucks to support the game via an in-game interface (if you go to Chips & More, you'll see what it'll look like), but the core game is free. You can play as much as you like, and what you want to pay for it is totally up to you.

seppo
    You know, I think you guys are the first "official" developer that has an app in the catalog that comes here and posts. I think that is great that you care about your users

I love the game, and can't wait for more updates!
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Thanks, TIWizard - It's great to get the feedback from the users - we were certainly able to trace a couple problems faster 'cause people here have given us really good info, and heck, it's nice to see what the response to the game's been like.

We're doing everything we can to make sure Word Ace is as stable and solid an experience it can be. The update to fix the dictionary is already submitted, and we're ironing out server glitches as we speak.

seppo
    This is sweet and you guys are da bomb! Looking forward to future releases!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This game is so much fun and I get to my brain. Interface is great and gameplay quick. Very addicting! Great Job.
    What's the backwards letters for??
    This game is addicting. But I normal just go all in and am faster at making longer words than other people and win. Like Hokey. ahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    The backwards letters (E, S) are worth -2 points, instead of their usual 1 point. Basically, they're really useful letters, so they might still save your **** (if it's your only vowel, or if you can use the E/S to extend your word into 6 or 7 letters for the length bonus) even though they're worth - points.

seppo
    Also, check out @WordAce on Twitter. We're posting things like the longest word of the day, and also keeping things updated as much as we can on upgrades & server status stuff.

seppo
    Nice game...played all during lunch...anyone interested can invite me as a friend my code is 3452
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    If you use those to spell a word it subtracts the number of points from whatever that word is worth.
    I won like 3 hands but my xp haven't moved so how I level up?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast