Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    Got another new phone last night, Im sorry to say my account didnt transfer over and Ive lost all my progress
    It would suck to lose everything. I thought it would somehow transfer over considering you're able to link your account to the facebook Word Ace app. I figured there would be some way to link it back to your device using the same buddy code I entered to link it to facebook.
    Yeah, contact the devs, they can help you link it.
    Hey - sorry for the slow response (just had a son on the 19th!), but jhoff's right on the money. Send an e-mail to support@(myusername).com and we'll get you sorted out right away!

Thanks! (and thanks, jhoff!)
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It would suck to lose everything. I thought it would somehow transfer over considering you're able to link your account to the facebook Word Ace app. I figured there would be some way to link it back to your device using the same buddy code I entered to link it to facebook.
    re: linking it from Facebook to your Pre - that's the next step, but requires us to update the Pre software - it won't be in the next update (another polish-focused update), but we'll get it in as soon as we can.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Hey - sorry for the slow response (just had a son on the 19th!), but jhoff's right on the money. Send an e-mail to support@(myusername).com and we'll get you sorted out right away!

Thanks! (and thanks, jhoff!)
    seppo
    Thanks for the response. I haven't decided whether to exchange my Pre yet. But if I do, I'll email you.

Congrats on the new baby!
    Hi, all - Word Ace v.1.0.2 is now live! It's not the "big update" that we've been working on, but it takes a lot of the UI tweaks and polish that we built for Card Ace, and adds them back into Word Ace. Please update ASAP! Thanks!

seppo

ps: What's this update contain, you ask?

* Vibrates when it's your turn (can be disabled in 'Settings')
    * Improved single-player AI
    * All profile images can now be "flicked" when viewing
    * 1st time player "help" popups
    * Fixed chat display bugs
    * General stability
    * A few additional animations
    Last edited by selfawaregames; 11/04/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Mashable's 2009 Open Web Awards - Votes

If anyone feels compelled to do so, we'd definitely appreciate a vote for Word Ace for Best Mobile Game!

Thanks!
    seppo
    New versions of Word Ace & Card Ace - fixes 1.3.1 incompatibilities, increases stability, Pixi support.

w00t!
    seppo
    New versions of Word Ace & Card Ace - fixes 1.3.1 incompatibilities, increases stability, Pixi support.

w00t!
    seppo
    Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I'd love to see a screenshot of how it looks shrunken down onto the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Selfaware:

I tried updating, but I got the "you don't have enough free space" error message.

I think it is counting the size of the currently installed Wordace ... which will be over written.

Wondering if anything can be done, because while the new application is 7meg, most of that is overriding the old version.
    You can delete WA/CA, then update, and your info should still be preserved. So if you need space or are at the app limit, just delete your old versions and grab the new ones.

On a different note, we've finally got the printed cards proofed and completed, with an estimated delivery date to us for the 1st of December. We've got to verify the quality of the cards before we're putting them on sale, but if everything is as expected, you'll be able to order Word Ace decks from us next month for $24.99 (plus shipping & handling) per deck.

It's a very small run of custom, high-quality cards - 102 cards per deck (100 in the standard Word Ace deck, plus 2 "blanks," which you can use to replace lost cards, or you can use them as blanks, like you'd use them in Scrabble). If you're interested, we'll be posting details on our blog once the cards have arrived.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I'd love to see a screenshot of how it looks shrunken down onto the Pixi.

Thereyago!

Card Ace is shrunken down in a similar way - it hasn't been available on the Pixi App Catalog due to a frustrating issue that was out of our control, but it'll be available soon.

seppo

Thereyago!

Card Ace is shrunken down in a similar way - it hasn't been available on the Pixi App Catalog due to a frustrating issue that was out of our control, but it'll be available soon.

seppo
    That looks pretty nice actually. I don't see any loss of function due to the smaller resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    That looks pretty nice actually. I don't see any loss of function due to the smaller resolution.
    Thanks. The only real downside is that obviously, everything's smaller, and some of the interactable areas (that aren't game-related) can be a little tricky. We're working to improve that in an update, though. Word Ace is actually really nice to play on the Pixi, despite the smaller layout, just because the keyboard is *so* good.

seppo
    SALE! Word Ace & Card Ace chips, Friday only, are all worth 2x!

seppo
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm really enjoying this game.
    A new version of Word Ace (and Card Ace) are available on the App Catalog! This one is more than just a compatibility fix for a new version of the OS - we now have player ratings! Just click on any player, and a new expanded info box shows you some cool stuff about them - their most recent awards, and their best word & average word score!

Like playing with them? Give 'em a thumbs up, and their rating goes up! You can see any player's positive rating - it's just the number next to their name with the little green thumb. Find someone cheating? Playing really obnoxiously? Being a jerk? Give 'em a thumbs down. They won't ever know you did anything, but we'll see the rating, and if a player's given enough thumbs down, we'll check 'em out!

Download the update today!
    seppo
    A new version of Word Ace (and Card Ace) are available on the App Catalog! This one is more than just a compatibility fix for a new version of the OS - we now have player ratings! Just click on any player, and a new expanded info box shows you some cool stuff about them - their most recent awards, and their best word & average word score!

Like playing with them? Give 'em a thumbs up, and their rating goes up! You can see any player's positive rating - it's just the number next to their name with the little green thumb. Find someone cheating? Playing really obnoxiously? Being a jerk? Give 'em a thumbs down. They won't ever know you did anything, but we'll see the rating, and if a player's given enough thumbs down, we'll check 'em out!

Download the update today!
    seppo
    Excellent! Player ratings would be great. Sometimes people can really ruin a game. For instance, there was a guy playing on the $4000 tables and two hands in a row he bet $2000 on the first bet (before any letters were shown).
    Good stuff SelfAware!

This might be more appropriate for Card Ace, but how do people feel about timer length? I feel like it's a bit on the long end, just a little bit. Auto-actions sound great though, especially combined with "vibrate-on-turn".

If we check Fold, will it cancel if someone raises? I know if you were going to fold for one bet, you'd probably fold for a higher bet, but just wondering.

Last, any plans to include the new feature/API that prevents auto-dimming? I usually have to set my dim timer higher when I play Card and Word Ace, and then change it back once I'm done playing.

Excited for your next "ridiculous" project that you guys hinted at!
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Good stuff SelfAware!
    Last, any plans to include the new feature/API that prevents auto-dimming? I usually have to set my dim timer higher when I play Card and Word Ace, and then change it back once I'm done playing.
    While this in theory would be a nice feature, I'm a bit worried that the battery will get chewed up even more than it already does. Word Ace is by far the biggest battery-eater on my device. Plus the phone gets pretty hot when I'm playing it.

Have you guys put any thought into what might be causing this excessive battery drain?