Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    Minor glitch in the servers right now. Should be repaired in the next 10 min. Sorry for the trouble.

seppo
    ...and fixed. Everything should be back to normal. Sorry for the trouble, if you weren't able to join games over the last half hour.

seppo
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I just signed up for the Facebook version and linked my accounts 1 week ago. Since that time, I can no longer connect to a game on my pre. No chips visible either.
    Hmm, yeah, I just linked my account two days ago because I got a friend to play on Facebook and was trying to see the interface there to explain it, and just testing today, I get the same issue. In my Profile on the Pre, I'm showing as LEVEL 0, with $NaN, and 0 stats (even though I have all my awards shown). The Chips & More screen is blank.

And one little thing, not that it matters much at all, and it wouldn't bother me too much if it didn't get changed, but I had an avatar before I webOS Doctored my phone, and I just assumed that since it's showing as the default on my phone that it went back to the default when I did that. But apparently, my avatar is still working correctly, I just can't see it on my device. Seems like a check to see if you need to download your own avatar from the server is necessary as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    I just signed up for the Facebook version and linked my accounts 1 week ago. Since that time, I can no longer connect to a game on my pre. No chips visible either.
    Hey, cooltpmd (and anyone else who's having this issue) - we had a brief glitch in the linking process that caused this to happen - we can fix it, but we need you to send us your friend code. Drop it in an e-mail to support@(myusername).com and we'll get it worked out ASAP.

Thanks.
    seppo
    Hey, all - we found the problem with Facebook linking - it was a bizarre situation that affects ~10% of the people who'd fire up linking. We've got the thing licked, and will be fixing the affected accounts. You shouldn't have to do anything, it will "just work" once the fix is in. Shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Thanks for helping us find the problem - when you have an issue like this, please don't hesitate to let us know. As much testing as we do, sometimes bizarre situations like this slip through the cracks, because we don't have enough people (or devices) to test every possible situation under the sun.

But thanks again - your feedback has helped us knock this problem down quickly, and prevent other people from having the same problems.

seppo
    Card ace is out!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Card ace is out!
    If I could only get into my App Catalog right now.

Edit: I'm not seeing my profile carry over to Card Ace, I assume that's because of the profile issue that's still being resolved?
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/05/2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If I could only get into my App Catalog right now.

Edit: I'm not seeing my profile carry over to Card Ace, I assume that's because of the profile issue that's still being resolved?
    Yeah - should be resolved soon! Sorry!!

seppo
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Unable to connect with my coins or any games.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    Unable to connect with my coins or any games.
    This should be fixed, now. If anyone else is having any problems, please don't hesitate to let us know - send a support e-mail to support@(myusername).com and we'll get everything sorted out ASAP.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I've got to say thank you for the support y'all have offered for the game. I was having an issue with my profile and i sent an email. I figured it would be a few days before i heard anything. Nope, i got a reply the next day and you have been great. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
    I've got to say thank you for the support y'all have offered for the game. I was having an issue with my profile and i sent an email. I figured it would be a few days before i heard anything. Nope, i got a reply the next day and you have been great. Thank you very much.
    Glad to help! There are a few users whose issues we're still working to sort out (some of whom have been really patient with us), but we're working hard to make sure everyone has a great experience with the game.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Hi, everyone. Maybe you'll see the in-game notification, but I wanted to point out anyway that chip purchasing in Word Ace (& Card Ace) has gone live as of a few minutes ago.

Maybe you're looking for more chips, 'cause you've run out, or want to play at the higher-stakes tables. Maybe you're simply looking for a way to help support the game you've been playing for the last month or two.

A few people have e-mailed us, and asked how we can afford to make a game like Word Ace for free. We've got server costs, we've got the development cost of the game, and there are no in-game ads. It doesn't make sense, right?

What we want is for everyone to have the chance to play the game - that's why you can have it for $0, and play it as much as you want. It'll never have to cost you a penny. What we hope is that if you love the game, and you've continued to play it as we have - that you'll be motivated to throw some support our way. Any purchase, whether it's the additional chips you can buy now, or the donation mechanic that we'll be rolling out with 1.1, helps to support continued development of the game - helps to support keeping Word Ace & Card Ace running, helps to support us as we work on the next game.

I hope you'll consider grabbing some chips - we're genuinely grateful for your support!

Thanks!
    seppo
    Didn't really care about more chips, but I enjoy the game so much that I just bought some to support it.

Thanks again for two great games.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Didn't really care about more chips, but I enjoy the game so much that I just bought some to support it.

Thanks again for two great games.
    Thank you! We figured the people who like the game the most aren't going to need any more chips - which is why we've got the donation stuff coming in 1.1 - that's more about recognition for your support than extra chips - I know I hate buying stuff I don't need, even if it doesn't make any difference...

But that said, every purchase is greatly appreciated, and we all thank you for your support! This is the only way we're making any $$ off these games, and we're relying on the community to decide whether this is a sustainable business model or not...

Thank you!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Thank you! We figured the people who like the game the most aren't going to need any more chips - which is why we've got the donation stuff coming in 1.1 - that's more about recognition for your support than extra chips - I know I hate buying stuff I don't need, even if it doesn't make any difference...

But that said, every purchase is greatly appreciated, and we all thank you for your support! This is the only way we're making any $$ off these games, and we're relying on the community to decide whether this is a sustainable business model or not...

Thank you!
    seppo
    I hope it is and I'm doing my part to help out, just bought some chips.
    I may need to get a new Pre since my headphone jack is having issues. If I install Word Ace on the new phone, will it restore my profile settings (i.e. will I be able to restore my chips, scores, achievements, etc.)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I may need to get a new Pre since my headphone jack is having issues. If I install Word Ace on the new phone, will it restore my profile settings (i.e. will I be able to restore my chips, scores, achievements, etc.)?
    Got another new phone last night, Im sorry to say my account didnt transfer over and Ive lost all my progress