Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    One thing I just want to mention - we are taking cheating very seriously. There are certain things we're doing on the back end to make it less of a problem for people, and we're doing some things in a future update that will help address this problem in an even more aggressive way. However, this takes *time* - we're a small team, maintaining a game across multiple platforms with still another platform in development. On top of that, it's not like a webpage, where we can just push an update whenever we want - every update requires a substantial investment of time in QA, among other things.

So each update is a substantial undertaking for us. We're working on it. The more help we can get from the community to flag people who are abusing the game, have objectionable avatars, etc. - it all helps. While usernames aren't unique, when we get data like, "here are other usernames in the same game," it helps us pinpoint the user. But either way, any help gets us looking in the right places for problems.

Thanks.
    seppo
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    1st, fantastic game ... you're crew is good.

2nd, if a player is cheating ... immediately post their address and phone number (picture & bank account number should also be considered), so i can kick their Azz. I had some ***** drop 3 7 letter words on me that I had never heard ... and my number of years in school is too high to discuss without a calculator.
    Hey, all - just want to send out a word of warning. Word Ace v.0.9.11 is (hopefully) going to be available soon. I just want to let you know that you MUST update the game if you want it to keep working 100% once you update to OS 1.2. We'll be sending out an in-game notification once the update is available, but if you see your timer bars disappear, please just update to Word Ace v.0.9.11. (it's not out yet - just keep your eye on the App Catalog)

This is NOT (I repeat, NOT) the first major update for Word Ace. This is a maintenance release, to make sure the game works perfectly under OS 1.2. We're still working on WA's first major update, and I'll let you know more about that when I can.

Thanks.
    seppo
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get WordAce on the Emulator to play on the desktop???
    Got the new update today, and now my issue on the leaked 1.2 with timers disappearing is fixed as advertised, thanks.
    This may be more of a general question with Palm Pre updates, but could a developer make updates mandatory? That way she/he can ensure that everyone has programs that are up to date and compatible with other users.

Or is that a bad idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    Is there a way to get WordAce on the Emulator to play on the desktop???
    'fraid not. However, we're launching Word Ace on Facebook REALLY SOON now.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    This may be more of a general question with Palm Pre updates, but could a developer make updates mandatory? That way she/he can ensure that everyone has programs that are up to date and compatible with other users.

Or is that a bad idea?
    We could make it mandatory, in that you wouldn't be able to go online until you've got the current update. We're not doing that yet because there's not a 100% critical reason to do so (though people will get their timer bars wanged unless they update).

Is it a bad idea? No, I don't think so. It's a little inconvenient sometimes, but most PC games, Xbox 360 games, and PS3 games do exactly this already, because sometimes you want to enable a feature and make sure everyone absolutely has it. So, I'd suspect that you will start to see more mandatory updates as more games go mostly online.

seppo
    In regards to reporting cheaters, you can easily look at their profile in game and see what level they are on and their average score and the number of hands played. That usually gives me enough info to avoid them.

One player (dont remember the avatar name) was constantly using 6 & 7 letter words while simultaneously blowing up the chat area with "Rape! I just rape!", taunting other players (fine by me). But then he would broadcast that he has a 34pt word while the red timer is ticking away...

I tried to beat him, but I never made anything over 5 letters and I dont buy in much. I just made my first 7 letter word the other night, but wished I wouldve had it the night I played that cheater! Oh, what really tipped me off that he was a cheater was that he was calling those who folded 'dickless'. Doesnt he know that that isnt a real word?!! (yes, its slang but that doesnt count when youre reaching into the latin dictionary to win a game)
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    We could make it mandatory, in that you wouldn't be able to go online until you've got the current update. We're not doing that yet because there's not a 100% critical reason to do so (though people will get their timer bars wanged unless they update).

Is it a bad idea? No, I don't think so. It's a little inconvenient sometimes, but most PC games, Xbox 360 games, and PS3 games do exactly this already, because sometimes you want to enable a feature and make sure everyone absolutely has it. So, I'd suspect that you will start to see more mandatory updates as more games go mostly online.

seppo
    Is there a way for developers to make an app that update itself, without having to use the Palm Upgrades app?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My word ace doesn't work after update. Profiles and chips shows loading then message saying I need to be connected to the web. Anyone else having this issue? Any clue how to fix? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tribert73 View Post
    My word ace doesn't work after update. Profiles and chips shows loading then message saying I need to be connected to the web. Anyone else having this issue? Any clue how to fix? Thanks.
    Sorry - power went down at the server host. Working to get it back up and runnng asap. Not a problem with the game or the update. Apologies for the downtime.

seppo
    ...aaand we're back. Everything should be up and running again. If you notice anything unusual (which you shouldn't), please feel free to e-mail support@(myusername).com - we're happy to answer any questions, or follow up on any issues.

Thanks - sorry for the downtime and the resulting confusion.
    seppo
    Just a reminder! If you're downloading OS 1.2, PLEASE also download Word Ace 0.9.11 - if you don't, your timer bars will NOT WORK. The game will play fine, but you'll have no idea how long you have left in your turn. Please make sure to download the update, and if you see anyone else with a Pre, please spread the word.

Thanks!
    seppo
    Until Palm fixes the app limit I'm stuck with the old version.
    Word Ace is a cool game
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    Until Palm fixes the app limit I'm stuck with the old version.
    I couldn't download the new game update either due to the limit. The odd thing is I deleted several apps, downloaded the new update, then reloaded the deleted apps. I ended up with the same number of apps and the WordAce update. Word Ace is a large app compared to some of the others, I don't know if that as anything to do with downloading the update or not.
    Hey, all. Got friends without a Pre you want to play Word Ace with? Point 'em at Login | Facebook and then take all their money! If you want to play on the web, you can fire up your Facebook account, and link up your Pre so that you can play on Facebook with your current Word Ace account! Give it a shot, let us know what you think!

Cheers!
    seppo
    That's awesome, my girlfriend will love this.

Question, if someone starts their profile from the Facebook App, but eventually gets a Palm Pre, can their profile transfer in that direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    That's awesome, my girlfriend will love this.

Question, if someone starts their profile from the Facebook App, but eventually gets a Palm Pre, can their profile transfer in that direction?
    Not yet, but we'll be enabling that in an update.
    seppo