1.    #1  
    I know there are some other threads on this problem because I've searched around and read a lot...I even tried a few of the suggestions...I have my regular Yahoo account that did the same thing for a while and after removing it and then re-entering the information it hasn't done it in some time. However, I recently added my AT&T email to my Pre and found it's doing the same thing...I tried the Yahoo fix and nothing...I tried changing the password from my desktop comp and nothing....what gives?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
    I know there are some other threads on this problem because I've searched around and read a lot...I even tried a few of the suggestions...I have my regular Yahoo account that did the same thing for a while and after removing it and then re-entering the information it hasn't done it in some time. However, I recently added my AT&T email to my Pre and found it's doing the same thing...I tried the Yahoo fix and nothing...I tried changing the password from my desktop comp and nothing....what gives?
    I have the same problem with Google Gmail. I have to change the incoming mail password on the Pre account setup, try to log on and get rejected, change the password back, and then it will log on. I don't have this problem with sprintpcs mail or comcast accounts, only Gmail. I have tried to use the search, but haven't really found an answer or fix.
    Can anyone help??
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    All of a sudden, same problem - tried to delete the account and re-add it - but it told me it was a duplicate account - really bad issue here.... My wife's phone is starting to do it too for her Yahoo account...
    I have 4 gmail accounts total on my pre and 2 yahoo. Only 1 of them (my main account) wants to act an *** on me though...... WTF! HELP!
    I went to gmail.com logged in.. Received capacta thingy.. Solved that... My credentials are now good. Weird
  6. blk
    I don't know about yahoo, but gmail will give your account a captcha if it thinks you are being insecure in any way -- if your password is too weak, if you have had multiple failed logins, etc.

One way to disable this is by going to their CAPTCHA Unlock page [google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha]. If your password is insecure, this will only fix it for a short time, and you will ultimately need to go change your password to something they consider "strong."