1.    #1  
    So lately I've noticed while running or mowing the lawn that my Pre seems to slow down significantly while trying to run Pandora. Originally I thought it was just because I was using the homebrew app PreTrack while running, thus slowing the phone down. However, yesterday while mowing the lawn, it took (literally) over five minutes to load the first song and then approximately five to six minutes after a song before the next started to play. I had between three and five bars on the "EV" network...anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I would try running Pandora while connected to WiFi to make sure it's not just a slow network issue. Even with 3-5 bars of service, you never know what's going on with the data connection.
  3.    #3  
    That's a good idea....I should have thought about it when I was at home yesterday. I hope I don't have to run it on WiFi all the time because it would stop my use of Pandora during my runs.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Yeah, that would be a bummer. I use mine also when I'm biking and mowing my lawn/doing yard work. Another thing to try (which you may have already) is simply rebooting the phone. I've had that fix sluggish performance issues several times in the past. I know it seems like a no-brainer but I'm in IT so I have to say it.
  5.    #5  
    In IT huh, that suggestion is like a mechanic asking if you had gas in your car when you say it won't start... Yeah, I've tried to reboot it before....
    Don't knock IT guys people do stupid stuff. When I used to work at a Sprint repair center I had a women come in really pissed off cause the ringer stopped working on her Treo. She handed it to me and I flipped the ringer switch on top and gave it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
    In IT huh, that suggestion is like a mechanic asking if you had gas in your car when you say it won't start... Yeah, I've tried to reboot it before....

It may be like a mechanic asking something like that, but you probably haven't had encounters with people where common sense is not so common. (Obviously). (I am not referencing you as not having common sense) Just saying sometimes the most obvious things to some are the most oblivious things to others.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbeaver View Post
    Don't knock IT guys people do stupid stuff. When I used to work at a Sprint repair center I had a women come in really pissed off cause the ringer stopped working on her Treo. She handed it to me and I flipped the ringer switch on top and gave it back.
    LMAO exactly my point in the last post I made.. Sometimes ppl have "ditzy" moments too
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Does Pandora work outside when you are NOT mowing the lawn? I ask this because I can possibly see the lawnmower, specifically the ignition circuit, putting out very large amounts of RF noise. This could make it much more difficult to get a good signal.