Page 1 of 52 123456 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have just finished updating Timepiece. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Version 0.2.7
    -Fixed bug where Timepiece would not load in WebOS v1.4.1

Version 0.2.6
    -Fixed bug where Timepiece would not sound alarms in WebOS v1.4.0

Version 0.2.5
    -Multiple Snoozing. Added option to enable multiple snoozing (default is off).
    -Added setting to close app on Alarm/Snooze dismissal
    -Increased reliability on alarms sounding
    -Multilingual support. Added Spanish and German language support.
    -Added ability to force a screen orientation
    -Fixed bug in WebOS 1.4 where screen would stay on indefinetly after running Timepiece.
    -Fixed bug in WebOS 1.4 when "auto-start on alarm" is active, there is a system notification played when Timepiece loads.
    -Fixed bug where Timepiece would not start in the current phone orientation

Version 0.2.3
    -Simplified clock face update code. This should increase reliabilty issues that some people are seeing with WebOS 1.3.5.
    -Changed expiration date from 2-31-10 to 2-28-10, as 2-31-10 does not exist.
    -Added option to display the "ALM" icon
    -Fixed bug where the next alarm would not display properly upon dismissing an alarm
    -Added a 4 second delay to alarm sounding. This fixes a rare issue where Timepiece would not alarm on auto-start.

Version 0.2.2
    -Added notification area for the next alarm. When the alarm goes off, it shows the title of the alarm.
    -Added (5) more built-in sounds.
    -Change snooze time to go up to 30 minutes.
    -There is now an option for snooze mode. When snooze mode if off, tapping outside the alarm dismissal box at the top does nothing. When snooze mode is on, tapping outside of the alarm dismissal box snoozes the alarm (like a versions prior).
    -Added options to remove text/elements from the clock screen. The menu will timeout in a settable time and return when a user taps the bottom of the screen.
    -Changed the alarms button icon
    -The classic sound file is now an mp3 instead of a wave file.
    -Added a test sound icon button. This allows the user to check and adjust the Media volume.
    -Added version type to the About screen. It will read either "Homebrew" or "App Catalog".

Version 0.2.0
    -Swiping an alarm to the right in the Alarms screen and pressing delete now deletes an alarm
    -Fixed bug where a custom alarm would not play. The default Classic alarm would always play instead.
    -Fixed bug where the Classic alarm would display as "classic.wav" in the alarm settings screen instead of "Classic"
    -Added menu icon "Alarms" to alarm setting screen

Version 0.1.9
    -Removed the fixed (5) alarms and made them dynamic. You can now add as many as you want and delete them too.
    -Made the time at the top of each page (other than the main clock screen) smaller.
    -Alarms are now settable by Weedends, Weekdays, Daily, or Custom
    -Vertical support
    -Pixi support (Locked to one clock theme with no seconds)
    -Flashlight mode
    -Removed all icon buttons and made them menus
    -Pandora as an Alarm Sound
    -If the screenAlwaysOn setting is false, a alarm will turn it on. It will stay on for a few seconds and timeout again.
    -Ability to choose a ringtone as a alarm sound
    -Locked main clock screen from being dragged around
    -Fixed bug where existing alarms would default to current time in settings page
    -Added alarm setting code to Alarm Prefs screen. You no longer have to go into the main clock page for alarms to be set.
    -Removed the snooze time in the Options screen and added individual alarm snooze times instead
    -Removed the alarm sound/vibrate settings in the Options screen and added individual alarm sound/vibrate settings times instead
    -Changed default snooze time to 10mins
    -Added ability to set the number of times the alarm sound plays
    -Changed custom alarm button to an icon
    -Changed Screen Title - "Alarm Preferences" is now "Alarms"
    -Changed Screen Title - "Alarm X Settings" is now "Settings"
    -Changed Screen Title - "About Clock" is now "About"
    -Changed Screen Title - "Clock Preferences" is now "Options"

Version 0.1.6
    -More fixes to alarm time/date settings

Version 0.1.5
    -Added time/date to top banner of the alarm options page
    -Added time/date to top banner of the info page
    -Added time/date to top banner of the options page
    -Show each individual alarm settings (i.e. reoccuring/one-time, days, date, time) in the alarm preferences screen
    -Customizable alarm names
    -Fixed bugs in re-occuring alarms where re-occuring alarms would not work properly
    -Fixed bug when Timepiece is first downloaded, the default time for alarms was 8:00. It is now current time.

Version 0.1.4
    -Added multiple alarms (5 Alarms total)
    -Made alarm enable(s) checkboxes and moved them to the Alarm Preferences screen
    -Moved Auto Start and Snooze Time settings from Alarm Preferences screen to Clock Preferences
    -Changed Alarm Settings buttons from buttons to gear icons
    -Background Contrast
    -Add current time and date to the top banner of the Alarm Setting pages
    -Change "Done" button to back arrow icon
    -Click on Timepiece logo in the header of any settings page takes you back to the main clock page
    -Vibrate on alarm
    -Swipe down (in either landscape orientation) to goto previous page
    -Turn screen on (and stays on) on alarm if the screen has timed out and is dim or off
    -Fixed bug that sometimes wouldn't alarm a reoccuring alarm

Version 0.1.3
    -Fixed bug that didn't allow a snooze alarm to activate when the screen is off.
    -Fixed bug that showed more than one day after midnight (i.e. Tuesday and Wednesday)
    -Added Colon blinking. Blink either the minute or second colon, blink both colons, or blink no colons.
    -Changed the "ALM" icon to a lighter gray color.

Version 0.1.2
    -Added alarming functionality with the ability to choose a date or any day(s) of the week as a reoccuring alarm. Also added a customizable alarm sound.
    -Added the ability to toggle whether the screen stays on or timeout in case the phone is not on charge.
    -Ability to allow a pending alarm to automatically start Timepiece it if isnt running.
    -Centered the date and time at the bottom
    -Rolled back version number to 0.1.2
    ****OLD TIMEPIECE MUST BE REMOVED PRIOR TO INSTALLING THIS VERSION OR NEWER****

Version 1.1.0
    -Dimming,
    -Landscape rotation
    -More colors (blue, red, green)
    -12/24hr format
    -Info screen
    -Options screen
    -More clock digit display choices (original format, big digits w/small seconds, and big digits with no seconds).

Version 1.0.0
    -Initial release

License: this application is NOT open source. Please do not distribute.

More Screenshots:

Clock Screenshot 2
    Clock Screenshot 3
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 04/03/2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Is it possible to make this the default clock when on the Touch stone ? This would be great if it could be that way, very nice..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Wow, this looks amazing. Can't wait to install.
    it won't stay on for more than a minute... what's the point?
    Nice! Why is the date so dim?? Can you make the date white or something so its more visible.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    it stays on while charging, cool!
    and i agree with sonny, the date is a little dim, but very cool app!
    Looks nice. DigiClock has also done this, but without being able to stay on more than 3 minutes it is not very helpful to have a clock. Make it so it will stay on during touchstone docking, or better yet turn on and stay on during touchstone docking. I see that SlipSlide stays on during charging, so it must be possible.
    Best clock app so far. I love it!!!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I missed your message. It stays on during touchstone charge? I will give it a shot.
    looks gr8....better than any clock app on here...and yeah it doesnt sleep it just stays there its perfect...
    Looks like a great app....but what happens when a notification i.e. missed call or sms or email comes in while on Touchstone? Or does this override the notifications while on the Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Looks like a great app....but what happens when a notification i.e. missed call or sms or email comes in while on Touchstone? Or does this override the notifications while on the Touchstone?
    seems like this app is designed to always show no matter what. i received a text and i only heard the notification sound, nothing displayed on the screen.

also the pre does not need to be plugged in to keep the time displaying
    Stays on for me too. All others would revert back, but this one stays on the clock while on the Touchstone! Nice Job. I made no other changes to my settings. The sounds for notfications and alarms come thru, but it stays on the clock. Can we get an option to not display seconds (and other colors as you already mentioned)? If so it would become a nice clock to use each night...Thanks.
    Ideal might be if one of our expert developers could design an app to specify an app to autolaunch when placing the Pre on the Touchstone. Slip & Slide or something like this would be great choices for an app like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by edd247 View Post
    seems like this app is designed to always show no matter what. i received a text and i only heard the notification sound, nothing displayed on the screen.

also the pre does not need to be plugged in to keep the time displaying
    Great app. Been waiting for something like this. Much better (for time display) than the default screen for the Pre on the Touchstone.
    Tried a couple of things & related to the above post, found that you can put this app in card mode & the screen still stays on! Even in card mode the clock runs, it's big enough (for me) to still see the time (much better than the default) & you can still clearly see all notifications, even the battery charge state. This is excellent.
    Just installed & configured, so I don't know if there might be a battery drain issue in this configuration yet (as has been reported with some people even on a Touchstone).
    I like the blue color & I don't mind the dimmed out date. So I kind of like it as is. I agree though that more color options would be nice.
    If possible, I think the only improvement would be having notifications (SMS, email) show up in the full screen as well as the battery charge status.
    Great app "out of the box". Thanks.
    This has a far more polished look than the other clock app. Well done.
    I'll be sticking with that other one until this one adds the ability to choose the color though. That blue is way too bright in the middle of the night "gah! why does it hurt?!" ;-)
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Has the link to the app been removed?
    Nice work! To summarize the checklist from other users (and me):
    • Add alarm clock and allow user to select alarm tone from ringtones.
    • Option to make this the default app when on the Touchstone or USB power cord.
    • Give an option for it to stay on when on Touchstone or USB power.
    • Option to choose colors and brightness. Maybe red, green, blue, gray and then bright green, red, blue, and white.
    • Remove seconds to allow room for notifications, battery life, etc. and option for bigger font.
    • Option to make the date a brighter color, maybe the same as the chosen font.
    We like the very polished look and that the clock runs while minimize as a card but will that drain battery life?

Could you include in your Description how to see the menu and the battery life is to press Volume Up or Volume Down?
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/18/2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    We like the very polished look and that the clock runs while minimize as a card but will that drain battery life?
    There are times when the app you want does not keep the screen open (e.g. Pandora), and having another app that can force it is useful. If you don't want the screen open, there's no need to keep the clock running, so close the card.

In my experience it seems that if you have your Pre unlocked with the screen on and put it on the touchstone (with any application open, or none), the screen will remain unlocked, but only during the day. At night it will lock the screen and display the native clock while on the touchstone. Not sure if this is based on light levels or time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Nice work! To summarize the checklist from other users (and me):
    • Add alarm clock and allow user to select alarm tone from ringtones.
    • Option to make this the default app when on the Touchstone or USB power cord.
    • Give an option for it to stay on when on Touchstone or USB power.
    • Option to choose colors and brightness. Maybe red, green, blue, gray and then bright green, red, blue, and white.
    • Remove seconds to allow room for notifications, battery life, etc. and option for bigger font.
    • Option to make the date a brighter color, maybe the same as the chosen font.

Could you include in your Description how to see the menu and the battery life is to press Volume Up or Volume Down?
    did u just copy and paste the reply in both of our clock apps' threads? haha
Page 1 of 52 123456 11 51 ... LastLast