Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hi,

I'd like a feature where the user can set random alarms. These are great little stress relievers...reminders to just relax for a moment. Other desktop programs have options like "chime X number of times per hour," where the alarm randomly goes off during that period. Something similar would be great. Added bonuses would be:

-the ability to define specific period of times when the random alarms operate (e.g., random alarm X times every hour from 8-5 Monday-Friday)

-special alarm sounds for the random alarms only (so the sound used to wake you up in the morning isn't the same as the sounds played during the random alarms)

Best alarm out there so far. Thanks for your work!
  2.    #162  
    X7Jay7X, do you think it's safe to use the alarm every day?
    It is a beta work in progress. With every update it gets better. I haven't heard of any problems besides the auto-start alarms. What I would do is set the pre clock alarm and also set Timepiece for a while. That way your covered.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    It is a beta work in progress. With every update it gets better. I haven't heard of any problems besides the auto-start alarms. What I would do is set the pre clock alarm and also set Timepiece for a while. That way your covered.
    That's actually what I'm doing. Thanks for a great app!
  4.    #164  
    Just released version 0.1.4. Check the first page for the changlog.

I am not 100% happy with the re-occuring alarm code, specifically when the program auto-starts. That being said, it still may not work properly. I am planning on re-writing some of that code for the next release (0.1.5). In the mean time, please let me know of any and all problems with the latest release.

Thanks
    Thanks!

Today and yesterday I woke up with a different alarm (set 10 minutes earlier), having Timepiece set 10 minutes later as a backup in case the first one fails. The first one woke me up, but 10 minutes later, after disabling the alarm on Timepiece, went off. I have Autostart Timepiece on. Why does this happen?

It's not a big deal, but I just wanted to let you know.

I am just now writing about it because I just confirmed it. I have been noticing it in the previous weeks as well.

Edit: Just updated to new version. Thanks for adding many of the suggestions here. This version seems great!
    Last edited by andddlay; 10/14/2009 at 07:12 AM.
    X7JAY7X,

Love this app! I use it daily. The improvements to this latest version are great. I really love the multiple alarms and the swipe down action to return to the previous page, versus using the arrows.

This may be just me, however, instead of seeing the acronym for the alarm, ALM, I would much rather prefer to see the actual alarm time itself. I know what your saying, "you just set the alarm, why would you need to see it?". Call me paranoid, but it would be great to see the alarm, even if very small, in place of the acronym, just for peace of mind. I would hate to have fat fingered something at the last second and not realize it until it's too late.

Just my two cents.

Great work!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Great app, thanks. I find the "i" and the "ALM" icons to be really close together though. Can you move one of them to the top? Also, is there a reason why the screen isn't locked (ie, it can scroll left to right and then bounces back)? Sorry if these have been asked before.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Just released version 0.1.4. Check the first page for the changlog.

I am not 100% happy with the re-occuring alarm code, specifically when the program auto-starts. That being said, it still may not work properly. I am planning on re-writing some of that code for the next release (0.1.5). In the mean time, please let me know of any and all problems with the latest release.

Thanks
    I love this app. How can I donate?

Edit - Nevermind. I found it on the first page.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Very nice update! I like the background contrast setting. Hopefully it won't be so bright at night.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Congrats from a german GSM PRE owner:

Very very nice looking clock! Simply great!

suggestion for update: Please make it work in portrait mode, too!
    Would be nice to use it in landscape AND portrait mode!

Keep on the very good work! I love this clock but I want it in portrait mode while laying on the touchstone.
    Good job ! I like this app. Could you make it enable to change the title of Alarm, for example instead of Alarm 1, 2, 3... We can change to specific name to remember what the alarm for: pick up my son, go to party, meet Peter...
  12.    #172  
    Today and yesterday I woke up with a different alarm (set 10 minutes earlier), having Timepiece set 10 minutes later as a backup in case the first one fails. The first one woke me up, but 10 minutes later, after disabling the alarm on Timepiece, went off. I have Autostart Timepiece on. Why does this happen?
    anddlay, can you explain better what is going on? Is this another auto-start issue? Thanks

Also, is there a reason why the screen isn't locked (ie, it can scroll left to right and then bounces back)? Sorry if these have been asked before.
    No there is no reason. I will try to include this in the next update.

This may be just me, however, instead of seeing the acronym for the alarm, ALM, I would much rather prefer to see the actual alarm time itself. I know what your saying, "you just set the alarm, why would you need to see it?". Call me paranoid, but it would be great to see the alarm, even if very small, in place of the acronym, just for peace of mind. I would hate to have fat fingered something at the last second and not realize it until it's too late.
    I have been doing some thinking about this. I will see what I can come up with. The problem with showing the alarm time is that it will take up alot of the screen, especially for 5 alarms. I have some ideas though.

suggestion for update: Please make it work in portrait mode, too!
    I have been meaning to do this for the last two releases. I havent gotten around to it. I am focusing on the alarming issues right now, that is my number one priority. Portrait mode is on my list, be patient.

Could you make it enable to change the title of Alarm, for example instead of Alarm 1, 2, 3...
    Yes I was thinking about this a right after I implemented multiple alarming a few weeks ago. I will try to get this into the next release. I am also planning on showing an alarm status in the Alarm prefs screen for each alarm. For example, for a re-occuring alarm it would be something like M-T-W with the time next to it for a monday, tuesday, wednesday re-occuring alarm. It would be an overview of the alarm without having to go into each alarm to see the settings.
    Great app. My wife & I both have it & use it all the time. One request to have the ability to name each alarm and have it display that name when the alarm goes off.

Thanks for all your work on this!
    anddlay, can you explain better what is going on? Is this another auto-start issue? Thanks
    Sure. By the way, it happened to me again today.

I have auto-start enabled, and re-occurring alarm is off.

When I go to bed, I set two alarm clocks - My Palm T|X, set at 6:21am, and my Pre with Timepiece, set to 6:31am. Once my T|X goes off at 6:21am, I turn it off (obviously). At that time I am awake, so I want to turn off Timepiece so that it doesn't go off, too. I go into the ALM settings and unchecked the alarm for it to not go off. Be that as it may, at 6:31am Timepiece opens up and the alarm goes off despite me unchecking the box.

I do nothing more nor nothing less. I will do this again tonight and will report the results here.

Other than that I love this app. Thank you so much!!!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Several times now, I've had the alarm not work in the AM. Upon looking closely when I wake up, it has changed the date to the day before. At first, I assumed it was my error, but I did several trials and it repeated this behavior. The scenario is a non-recurring alarm set the night before for the next morning.

Anyone else see this, or can offer suggestions?

TIA!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  16.    #176  
    I have auto-start enabled, and re-occurring alarm is off.

When I go to bed, I set two alarm clocks - My Palm T|X, set at 6:21am, and my Pre with Timepiece, set to 6:31am. Once my T|X goes off at 6:21am, I turn it off (obviously). At that time I am awake, so I want to turn off Timepiece so that it doesn't go off, too. I go into the ALM settings and unchecked the alarm for it to not go off. Be that as it may, at 6:31am Timepiece opens up and the alarm goes off despite me unchecking the box.
    They way its currently setup is that all the alarm setting and deleting is done ONLY in the main clock screen. If you disabled the alarm in the alarm prefs screen and then shut the program it will not delete the alarm. Is this what your doing?

Several times now, I've had the alarm not work in the AM. Upon looking closely when I wake up, it has changed the date to the day before. At first, I assumed it was my error, but I did several trials and it repeated this behavior. The scenario is a non-recurring alarm set the night before for the next morning.
    I would like to know if it is still doing this. If I set an alarm and then go and check it it will hold the date I set. Anyone else see this?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I would like to know if it is still doing this. If I set an alarm and then go and check it it will hold the date I set. Anyone else see this?
    I'll run another trial tonight and let you know.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I love the app, however I must be doing something wrong. I set a reoccuring alarm for Monday, Wed, and Fri., and it goes of on Tue., Thurs.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    They way its currently setup is that all the alarm setting and deleting is done ONLY in the main clock screen. If you disabled the alarm in the alarm prefs screen and then shut the program it will not delete the alarm. Is this what your doing?
    Yes, this is what I have been doing. So I have to wait for the alarm to go off to turn it off? If that is the case, could you please make it so that one can disable the alarm simply by unchecking the box?

Thank you! Sorry for the late response.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have just finished updating Timepiece. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Version 0.1.4
    -Added multiple alarms (5 Alarms total)
    -Made alarm enable(s) checkboxes and moved them to the Alarm Preferences screen
    -Moved Auto Start and Snooze Time settings from Alarm Preferences screen to Clock Preferences
    -Changed Alarm Settings buttons from buttons to gear icons
    -Background Contrast
    -Add current time and date to the top banner of the Alarm Setting pages
    -Change "Done" button to back arrow icon
    -Click on Timepiece logo in the header of any settings page takes you back to the main clock page
    -Vibrate on alarm
    -Swipe down (in either landscape orientation) to goto previous page
    -Turn screen on (and stays on) on alarm if the screen has timed out and is dim or off
    -Fixed bug that sometimes wouldn't alarm a reoccuring alarm

Right now the 5 alarms are listed as alarm 1, alarm 2....How about a way to lable each alarm.

And Thanks, keep up the great work
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast