Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #141  
    When it doesnt go off is it always a re-occuring alarm that has already gone off once (the time right after you set it)? If so I know the problem. If its randomly happening then I will have to do alot of debugging to get to the bottom of this problem.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    It is a recurring alarm, yes... but it was not the time after first setting it that it failed to go off. It was a few days after.
    Will this cause screen burn in?
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    For me it was also re-accuring. I don't know if it was after the first time I used it or not. I remember I was doing some testing before I actually used it but those times were not correct. Come to think of it, yes, it would be after the first time. I set the alarm for 6 am and the first morning it worked. Without touching or changing anything, the next morning it didn't work.
  5.    #145  
    Will this cause screen burn in?
    No. It will be no worse than the default clock when its on the touchstone.

Dragbug, are you allowing it to auto-start as well? Here is what I am thinking, tell me if this is what your doing. You set an alarm, set it to auto-start, then you shut down the program. It auto-starts the next morning for the first alarm. You snooze or shut the alarm off then you shut the program off. Now your ready for it to auto-start again the next morning and it doesnt. Essentially I am wondering if you keep the clock running all night or if you let it auto-start on alarm?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Dragbug, are you allowing it to auto-start as well? Here is what I am thinking, tell me if this is what your doing. You set an alarm, set it to auto-start, then you shut down the program. It auto-starts the next morning for the first alarm. You snooze or shut the alarm off then you shut the program off. Now your ready for it to auto-start again the next morning and it doesnt. Essentially I am wondering if you keep the clock running all night or if you let it auto-start on alarm?

Thanks
    This is correct for me, I tried to play with it a bit and it seems to auto-start properly for future occurrences only if I open the clock up at some point. If I leave it go without opening it the whole day it doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Dragbug, are you allowing it to auto-start as well? Here is what I am thinking, tell me if this is what your doing. You set an alarm, set it to auto-start, then you shut down the program. It auto-starts the next morning for the first alarm. You snooze or shut the alarm off then you shut the program off. Now your ready for it to auto-start again the next morning and it doesnt. Thanks
    You described it exactly.
    Outstanding little application - this has already become my most used application (every night!). I have a touchstone mounted vertically on the side of my nightstand and simply attach it at night and turn your clock program, set my alarm and call it a night. I have a quiet instramental song set as my alarm sound. What a perfect bedside clock!

I love it!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has already been addressed. I tried searching and it looked like what I read said multiple alarms has been added. If so, how do you do this? I uninstalled and re-installed and can only enter Alarm 1. Am I missing something or is multiple alarms coming in the future?
  10.    #150  
    There was only one alarm in the last release (0.1.3). The next release will have 5 alarms. I am working my way through my list of fixes and features for the next release. It is taking a bit longer than expected but it will be sometime this week.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    There was only one alarm in the last release (0.1.3). The next release will have 5 alarms. I am working my way through my list of fixes and features for the next release. It is taking a bit longer than expected but it will be sometime this week.
    Glad to hear there is still progress. I know you guys have a life outside of apps for the Pre so never bothered to ask. I figured you would post updates when you had updates to post Looking forward to them!
    One problem I have is I like to go to sleep listening to rain sounds through MusicPlayer (Remix) and the alarm doesn't pause the music. Basically Musicplayer overrides the alarm.

Any fixes?
    One other thing - any way to make the alarm volume separate from everything else. I often have my phone turned all the way down low while I'm at work and don't remember to turn it back up before bed. I would love to have separate volume controls for alarm, notifications, ringer etc.
    Hey X7JAY7X,

I haven't gotten the time to re-read all the posts in this thread, but if I remember correcctly, many wanted a way to see if they receive notifications or not.

I was thinking of two possibilities (I'd like to see both, but I'm not the developer, just a happy user ):

-Since the patch for the blinking LED light upon receiving a notification (only when the phone is off, though) is easily addable using Preware/Quick Install, is there a way to trick the app into thinking that the phone is off, which would enable the LED when there are notifications?

-There is a bunch of space at the top. If the user wants to see the notifications (they'd know if they have one if they have the LED notification enabled :P), maybe you should add a little dropdown thing in the top left/right corner that would pop up with the notifications?

Thank you again!

Have a great day ^.^
  15.    #155  
    One problem I have is I like to go to sleep listening to rain sounds through MusicPlayer (Remix) and the alarm doesn't pause the music. Basically Musicplayer overrides the alarm.
    I can check into this, however, I do not know the method that MusicPlayer uses to play files. There may be no easy way to stop the playback.

One other thing - any way to make the alarm volume separate from everything else. I often have my phone turned all the way down low while I'm at work and don't remember to turn it back up before bed. I would love to have separate volume controls for alarm, notifications, ringer etc.
    The SDK does not allow access to the volume settings yet.

-Since the patch for the blinking LED light upon receiving a notification (only when the phone is off, though) is easily addable using Preware/Quick Install, is there a way to trick the app into thinking that the phone is off, which would enable the LED when there are notifications?
    I do not want to use any Hacks/Homebrew methods in this program. It will instantly get rejected from the AppStore when its submitted. I am already waiting for an official way to keep the screen on.

-There is a bunch of space at the top. If the user wants to see the notifications (they'd know if they have one if they have the LED notification enabled :P), maybe you should add a little dropdown thing in the top left/right corner that would pop up with the notifications?
    This is what I was thinking. I havent looked to see if there are any API's that would allow me to see notifications. Its on my list.

I am planning for the next few updates to include alot of fixes/features so it will be longer between updates. I think this next update (0.1.4) with multiple alarming will keep alot of people happy for a bit longer till the next update. But keep the suggesstions coming. I have a pretty big list I am trying to prioritize and work my way through.

Thanks Everyone
  16.    #156  
    I was about to release 0.1.4 last night until I found out that multiple alarming is broke. Just the one-time alarms do not work and they did before. The only thing I can think of is one of the WebOS updates did something. I will get this fixed and release either today or tomorrow.
    I was about to release 0.1.4 last night until I found out that multiple alarming is broke. Just the one-time alarms do not work and they did before. The only thing I can think of is one of the WebOS updates did something. I will get this fixed and release either today or tomorrow.

Just wanted to say that last week the alarm didn't go off twice.

I had another problem last week: When I went to bed, I made sure to volume was loud enough by using the volume controls on the side. However, when it went off I could not hear it at all. Later in the day I saw that the music volume was low. Is there an easier way to make sure the level of volume of both?

I had to use it as a secondary alarm to finish the week :/
  18.    #158  
    Just wanted to say that last week the alarm didn't go off twice.
    Was this a re-occuring alarm or a one-time alarm? If it was a re-occuring is it the same issue that was decribed earlier where your letting it auto-start on alarm?

I had another problem last week: When I went to bed, I made sure to volume was loud enough by using the volume controls on the side. However, when it went off I could not hear it at all. Later in the day I saw that the music volume was low. Is there an easier way to make sure the level of volume of both?
    Sorry, there are no available API's to control the volume. This has been a big request so when the are available, that will be #1 on my list. Someone here might be able to answer if there is a easier way to check the volume of both. I go into Sounds & Ringtones in the last launcher page.
    Was this a re-occuring alarm or a one-time alarm? If it was a re-occuring is it the same issue that was decribed earlier where your letting it auto-start on alarm?
    Nope, it wasn't a re-occuring alarm. I dont know what happened. Maybe it was related to the volume problem I have been having.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    X7Jay7X, do you think it's safe to use the alarm every day? I open up the app every night before bed and use it as a clock, but I've been using the Pre alarm. I wanted to make the switch to your alarm that's embedded in your app, but if it's not going to work, I obviously can't have that. I'm going on 15 years of never being late to work.

Anyway, it seems that the error keeps coming from having the "start automatically" selected, but then not opening the app after the first alarm. Is that the issue? If that is the issue, it won't be for me, because as I mentioned before, I open Timepiece every night when going to bed.

I just want to be able to set the alarm for 5:15am M-F, push snooze once for 8 minutes, and have the song set to "Where the Streets Have no Name" and have it work properly every morning. Do you think if I keep "start automatically" set to OFF and open the app on my own every night that it will work properly?
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast