Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    GREAT APP, I love it. So long as the alarms work, this will replace the stock clock app very soon.
    I've tested the alarm and it works great for me. I'm just waiting for multiple alarms in the next update. That will be HUGE.
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Wow.. I had an alarm clock that finally died in college that had the exact display as this does with the color red and on Big Numbers 2. That thing was a relic, and I used it from elementary school up through to my last year of college! I never bought another alarm clock, and have just used my cell phones since then. Now I can have the same familiar red numbers with the blinking colon staring back at me when I begrudingly wake up in the morning. Now if only I could find a recording of what that old hulk used to sound like!

GREAT APP, I love it. So long as the alarms work, this will replace the stock clock app very soon.
    The MovieWavs Page - The Incredible Hulk Wavs Mp3s Movie Quotes Movie Sounds Movie Wavs
    I really like this application. The contrast is just one minor gripe I have. With digiclock it seems the black background and the font are more distinguished and easier to read while in timepiece the font does not distinguish its self from the background as well. It might just be that I use this at night and my glasses are off, but it seems to be easier to read digiclock. Other than that I like this better than digiclock. Thanks for the great app and updates.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've been looking for an alarm clock app for my Pre that has a "vibrate only" alarm. I wake up quite early for work, and a vibrating alarm on my bedside table wakes me up but allows my wife to sleep. I still have to use my Centro for this purpose.

Please consider adding this feature to your app.

Thanks!
  5.    #125  
    As of right now there is no access to the volume setting. As a compromise, I think I can make it vibrate on alarm but you would have to turn the sound off manually.

Next update should be ready for the weekend. I am not including vertical mode in this update. Vertical mode will take some time. Main feature will be multiple alarms.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Next update should be ready for the weekend. I am not including vertical mode in this update. Vertical mode will take some time. Main feature will be multiple alarms.
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. Did you catch my post about the screen not coming on when the alarm goes off? It makes it hard to locate the phone to snooze or turn it off when you can't find it.

Speaking of snooze, the lock screen is making it hard to select snooze I think. When you turn on the screen the phone is locked but you can still select snooze, however, doing so turns the alarm off instead of snoozing it. The first time it did this I just assumed that I didn't aim right and probably hit another part of the screen turning off the alarm. This morning I carefully pressed to snooze and it turned off the alarm instead.

Keep in mind, these issues are on a phone that does not get plugged in overnight to charge. I didn't have these issues when I had the phone plugged in charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Keep in mind, these issues are on a phone that does not get plugged in overnight to charge. I didn't have these issues when I had the phone plugged in charging.
    I am curious. Why would you not want to plug in your phone for charging at night?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard13 View Post
    I am curious. Why would you not want to plug in your phone for charging at night?
    I don't have a socket close enough to where I need to have the phone in order for it to wake me up. Plus, traveling you may not always have a socket close by.
    Quote Originally Posted by nt4cats View Post
    I've been looking for an alarm clock app for my Pre that has a "vibrate only" alarm. I wake up quite early for work, and a vibrating alarm on my bedside table wakes me up but allows my wife to sleep. I still have to use my Centro for this purpose.

Please consider adding this feature to your app.

Thanks!
    If I remember correctly (haven't tried it for awhile), when I have my Pre on vibrate and place it on the Touchstone, it doesn't vibrate - it just makes a very faint ringing noise. Is there a workaround for this? or do you think that they did this so that the vibration doesn't dis-align the magnets or something?
  10.    #130  
    I can look into the vibrate on the touchstone.

What I said before about having to manually adjust the volume on the pre is incorrect. Dont know what I was thinking. I just wouldnt play the alarm if a vibrate only option is set.
    I can look into the vibrate on the touchstone.

What I said before about having to manually adjust the volume on the pre is incorrect. Dont know what I was thinking. I just wouldnt play the alarm if a vibrate only option is set.
    Thanks for the quick response

May I make a few suggestions?

- Make it so that one could use the back gesture within the app, not just putting it into cardview (i.e. going from the alarm settings to the alarm preferences instead of having to hit 'Done')...this would kind of make it a little easier.
    - Somewhere put the amount of time left until the alarm goes off, like maybe in the Alarm Preferences. - This isn't needed, but I just really like it :P
    - In the Alarm Preferences screen, next to Alarm 1, could you put a checkbox to enable/disable the alarm, instead of having to go into the alarm settings and enabling it there?

Just kind of thinking as I type.
    To me, it feels quite tedius to check the date (unless I don't forget it when I go to bed) every time I need to set the alarm. This may just be my own problem, and I have to just get used to it. I'm curious, though, why do we even need a specific date to set an alarm? Could it not just be that the alarm initiates as soon as it hits a particular time? Just kind of thinking as I type.

No problems after the update to WebOS 1.2. Yay!

I haven't gotten to donating yet - I have been really busy lately. Will get to it soon Fantastic work, X7JAY7X!!!
  12.    #132  
    dragbug, I will look into the screen turning on on alarm if its not plugged in.

andddlay, I have been thinking about the back gesture and the alarm enable in the alarm prefs screen. The back gesture might be kinda weird if your in landscape mode, you would be swiping down. Any other thoughts on this? The enable alarms is something I plan on doing, maybe this next release if its an easy fix.
    I don't have a socket close enough to where I need to have the phone in order for it to wake me up. Plus, traveling you may not always have a socket close by.
    OK, I didn't think of that reason
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Speaking of snooze, the lock screen is making it hard to select snooze I think. When you turn on the screen the phone is locked but you can still select snooze, however, doing so turns the alarm off instead of snoozing it. The first time it did this I just assumed that I didn't aim right and probably hit another part of the screen turning off the alarm. This morning I carefully pressed to snooze and it turned off the alarm instead.
    Ok so it seems I need reading comprehension. I didn't aim right after all. For some reason, I thought the alarm dialog box that pops up when the alarm goes off said to click IN the box to snooze and outside
    the box to turn off the alarm. Obviously I can't read. So ignore this issue that I ranted about above.

However, the screen not coming on when the alarm does turn on is still an issue that I would love to see get fixed.
    Ok so it seems I need reading comprehension. I didn't aim right after all. For some reason, I thought the alarm dialog box that pops up when the alarm goes off said to click IN the box to snooze and outside
    the box to turn off the alarm. Obviously I can't read. So ignore this issue that I ranted about above.

However, the screen not coming on when the alarm does turn on is still an issue that I would love to see get fixed.
    I did that once, too ^_^.

dragbug, I will look into the screen turning on on alarm if its not plugged in.

andddlay, I have been thinking about the back gesture and the alarm enable in the alarm prefs screen. The back gesture might be kinda weird if your in landscape mode, you would be swiping down. Any other thoughts on this? The enable alarms is something I plan on doing, maybe this next release if its an easy fix.

It may be weird, but I can still swipe down without a problem - like scrolling through a webpage in landscape. If others don't like it, then they don't have to use it; the feature would be there if one would like to use it.

Just thinking, what if you combine the clock prefs, snooze time (because I don't often change the snooze settings) and the auto start Timepiece together, leaving one screen with just multiple alarms (like you plan on having) accessible on one screen? On the alarm screen, there could be all of the alarms and maybe a 'Done' key or a back arrow at the top to make it easier to go back, if the user chooses not to use the back gesture.

It would be great if you made that checkbox to enable the alarm. If you do add that, perhaps you should leave out the 'enable alarm' in the alarm prefs in order to save room?

Also, when I want to set an alarm for a certain time, I like to see what time it is so I can make my decision. Instead of having to press the volume key/go into cardview/view the clock to see what the time is so I can set it appropriately, it may be a good addition to add a mini clock in the Alarm Prefs.

Hope you like my suggestions I have been putting this post together between classes starting at 7:30am lol.
  16.    #136  
    Thanks for everyones suggestions. Most of them will make it in the next update. I should have something sometime this weekend.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well the alarm did not go off this morning. Usually I will check the alarm before I go to bed to make sure it is set. I didn't bother last night since it woke me up just fine the night before. Since it didn't go off this morning I checked and all seems well. The proper day is selected, it shows enabled next to alarm, the proper time wasn't changed, auto start timepiece was enabled, but for what ever reason it didn't go off. Do we need to actually open up the alarm everyday to make it active?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I've actually had that happen twice, but I cannot reproduce it intentionally so I hadn't posted yet.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    At least now I know it's not due to my lack of reading comprehension this time lol.
    The only time that that happened to me was because I made it p.m. instead of a.m. But I set two alarms, so I was okay. :P
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast