Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    Hey x7jay7x I don't know if anyone asked but if not, can you make the alarm clock come on even if it's charging while in airplane mode...that would be sweet. And for some more led colors such as sprint yellow, daytona orange, and hollow white -hollow is the outline of a number or letter of a certain color. The rest of it will be black as the background screen. Thanks
    OK it works in airplane mode, SORRY I HAD THE THING SET IN PM insted of AM Duuuuhhhhhh on me
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    mamoutan, I noticed it takes a bit to load the file selector. This is a built in pre thing so I have no control over the laggyness of it. I can see if I can force it to use a different folder but I think it defaults to the music folder for media files. If I open it up to all folders then I have to check whether a chosen file is a valid sound file or not. I didnt want to go there, but I will look into it.
    Having it be able to pull up the ringtones folder would be much appreciated. The base Pre alarm clock uses the ringtones and that's where I have tons of sounds to grab for my current alarm. I'm afraid if I just use the TimePiece's alarm, which would be a music song, I'll oversleep.

Other than that, very nice app thus far. I use it every night.
  3.    #103  
    Wilson, do you know exactly what time you saw both Tuesday and Wednesday lit up? Was it right at midnight? It would be handy for debugging.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Bigfire, I tried everything I could think of to get a reoccuring alarm to go off today that was set for yesterday (Tuesday), it would not go off. Is anyone else having a problem?

Notifications in fullscreen mode is not possible. It is a limitation of webOS. I don't know if the API or Service is available, but maybe I can see if there is a notification and post it in my app.

I set the alarm yesterday and had it set to pull up the alarm even after Timepiece is not active. Maybe to reconstruct, set one up for 7am to reoccur on Wednesday and see if it goes off tomorrow???
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    It was shortly after midnight when I saw it so assumed it happened at midnight. Saw it several times during night with both displayed, got up at seven and turned the prog off and on and it cleared up.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I installed this yesterday to give it a shot. I like the design and features. I tested it out and the alarm went off with no issues but I had the snooze set for 5 min and it never went off again after I hit snooze. The phone was not attached to a charger for either the initial alarm or the snooze.
    Is there a way to add the feature of not having to unlock the stupid phone to hit snooze. That drives me nuts. Other than that it is a great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaNu1684 View Post
    Is there a way to add the feature of not having to unlock the stupid phone to hit snooze. That drives me nuts. Other than that it is a great app.
    Do what I do: keep it on during the night with the app open. Works as an amazing night-stand clock.
  9.    #109  
    I will be releasing an update in a few days. What is new:
    -Fixed the problem of it showing two days (i.e. Tue and Wed) as wilsondm2 described.
    -Made the "ALM" a lighter color
    -Added colon blinking, either colon or both
    -Opening up the alarm sound selection to the ringtone folder as well. This is not done yet but I plan on doing it before this update is posted.

dragbug, I will look into snooze times. I tested at less than 5 minutes so maybe there is a problem with higher snooze times. Anyone else see this?
    I will be releasing an update in a few days. What is new:
    -Fixed the problem of it showing two days (i.e. Tue and Wed) as wilsondm2 described.
    -Made the "ALM" a lighter color
    -Added colon blinking, either colon or both
    -Opening up the alarm sound selection to the ringtone folder as well. This is not done yet but I plan on doing it before this update is posted.

dragbug, I will look into snooze times. I tested at less than 5 minutes so maybe there is a problem with higher snooze times. Anyone else see this?
    Great stuff. Will we have the option to have the blinking colon or not?

BTW, I tested snooze in 10 minute increments and haven't had a problem (first one was a little weird, but all the others (I did like 4 of them lol) worked perfectly). What I did see was that the sleeper can tap dismiss right away while the alarm is going off: maybe they accidentally tapped that when attempting to snooze the alarm.
    Last edited by andddlay; 09/24/2009 at 12:03 AM.
  11.    #111  
    Snooze works off a local timer so if you exit the main clock screen (i.e. go into a settings screen or exit the program during a snooze) the snooze will be dismissed.

You can select no blinking, either colon, or both.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    What I did see was that the sleeper can tap dismiss right away while the alarm is going off: maybe they accidentally tapped that when attempting to snooze the alarm.
    I didn't. At the top is showed click to dismiss snooze after I clicked to snooze. After the 5 min was well past, I looked at the clock and it showed the correct time but still showed click to dismiss snooze. I only tested this once but if it failed once, it will fail again some other time so there was no reason to test again.

Now how I tested initially was by launching the clock and setting an alarm as normal. The phone was not plugged in to charge. Once I set the alarm I laid the phone down. Eventually the screen turned off. The alarm sounded at the time selected and I clicked to snooze and set the phone back down. The screen turned off as before and I waited...and waited...and waited. After about 7-8 min I powered the screen back on and as above, the time was correct and it still showed at the top to click to dismiss the snooze but it had never activated.

That is my experience so far in a nut shell.
  13.    #113  
    dragbug, I think I know the problem now. Thanks for describing what you did. It will most likely never go off again after hitting snooze if the phone goes to sleep. I have a couple ideas to fix this. I will see if I can get this in the next update.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Awesome, now I know I am not losing my mind I assumed it had something to do with the screen going off but wasn't sure since the alarm initially worked after the screen had gone off. I do have nodoze installed as of today but not sure if I will keep it or use it even after today. It currently doesn't run in the background or in dashboard but needs to be opened in card view. Also it doesn't activate if the phone reboots. A big problem if the phone reboots on its own at night.
  15.    #115  
    Ok, the only way Palm's file picker works with audio files is from the downloads directory. I know its not ideal but if you want to use ringtones as your alarm sound you will have to manually copy them from the ringtones folder to the downloads folder. I have fixed the alarm not going off if the pre is sleeping. Bad news is that I am going away on a trip for a few days so I will likely post this update Monday night.
  16.    #116  
    Ended up not going out of town. Just uploaded a new version, 0.1.3. Check the first page for the changelog. Next release will include multiple alarms and vertical mode.
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 09/26/2009 at 10:20 PM.
    WOW. That about sums it up.

I had looked at this app some time ago, and for my uses, it was a cute novelty but no more.

I just did some serious playing around with it after today's update, and all I can say, is WOW.

Thank you for creating my new default alarm clock.

Multiple alarms (which I know you're releasing soon) and having notifications pop up would make this good enough that I would happily buy it from the app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    WOW. That about sums it up.

I had looked at this app some time ago, and for my uses, it was a cute novelty but no more.

I just did some serious playing around with it after today's update, and all I can say, is WOW.

Thank you for creating my new default alarm clock.

Multiple alarms (which I know you're releasing soon) and having notifications pop up would make this good enough that I would happily buy it from the app store.
    I'd buy it either way :P but yeah, those featres would be nice.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Awesome update and the snooze issue has been fixed. Now there is just one nagging problem. I don't plug the phone in to charge at night so I can't obviously keep the screen on all night. The alarm won't turn the screen back on when the alarm goes off. Can you make it turn the screen on so I can find the clock to hit snooze? That and the multiple alarms are the only two things in my view holding this back. Excellent work so far!
    Wow.. I had an alarm clock that finally died in college that had the exact display as this does with the color red and on Big Numbers 2. That thing was a relic, and I used it from elementary school up through to my last year of college! I never bought another alarm clock, and have just used my cell phones since then. Now I can have the same familiar red numbers with the blinking colon staring back at me when I begrudingly wake up in the morning. Now if only I could find a recording of what that old hulk used to sound like!

GREAT APP, I love it. So long as the alarms work, this will replace the stock clock app very soon.