Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I was loving it today when I got to sleep in, but didn't have to worry about oversleeping!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
  2.    #962  
    Another update. All I have left is the exhibition mode. More specifically, the alarms alarming from the exhibition mode. I have to work out the alarming issues that have cropped up because of the changes to the scripts for exhibition mode. I just wanted everone to know that I am still working on it but what I have left may take a little while longer.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm really looking forward to this hitting the app catalog or preware, whichever.
  4.    #964  
    It is getting very close. The exhibition mode was a real pain. I would have been done weeks ago if it wasnt for that. I have some more testing to do then I will send it out to the people willing to test.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    It is getting very close. The exhibition mode was a real pain.
    Grate that you solved it. I took a look into the code of the exhibition mode beta you send me in summer and gave up to fix it for the complexity of the changes that was needed.
    A lot thanks for your work and support for webOS...

HaPe
  6.    #966  
    Hape, it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. That is for sure. I only have a TP to test on now since my Pre doesnt work right. I think it will be fine but it definetly needs tested on all the platforms (pre, pre2, pre3, pixi, etc) before it is released. It definetly needs to be put through the paces.

Hape, are you willing to test? Did you send me an email to test?
    Hape, it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. That is for sure. I only have a TP to test on now since my Pre doesnt work right. I think it will be fine but it definetly needs tested on all the platforms (pre, pre2, pre3, pixi, etc) before it is released. It definetly needs to be put through the paces.

If you need Touchpad pre 2 Pre 3 & veer testing I'm available..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    yes I'm willing adn yes I send you a Mail. I resend you my eMail as PM.
    I have a TP, Pre, Pre3, Veer and Pe2.

HaPe
    I'm available for testing as well and have a Pre2 (my wife's), Pre3 (mine), and two Touchpads to test with.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  10.    #970  
    Hape, BooDoc, and one other I just sent the beta test to. There are a few minor bugs that I am still working on but it is at a good place to start testing. I will be working the monor bugs out in the next few days.

The more I think about it, this version probably will not work on the original Pre since it has a old version of WebOS. Please try it though.

Toby and Sketch, please PM me your email address or email me please.

Thanks again guys for testing.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I am using webOS Quick Install to install 0.3.2 on to my Pre3, and it will not complete the installation. I'll keep you posted on how it goes...

UPDATE1 - when I shut down my Pre3, WOSQUI gave error message: (see attached)
    this may just be from shutting down the Pre3, but could also have been in there and brewing...
    Pre - and 0.3.2 beta:

It installs and starts and seems to work fine on Pre- with 1.4.5 (my old "off-line" phone that I just use for developing on).
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 12/05/2011 at 12:14 AM.
    -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    TouchPad32 0.3.2 beta:

installs and runs fine in Exhibition mode. And in regular, non-Exhibition mode. Wakes from Exhibition mode, too.

"Classic" sounds a lot different than phones - I gotta say it sounds kind of weak on the TP, even though obviously similar sound as on phones (a plethora of beeping Palms right now!). Difference in speakers?

UPDATE: it was my TouchPad sounding like it swallowed a screech owl. Audiophile sounded horrible, too. Reboot fixed both.

UPDATE 1: Timepiece won't start on screen if Audiophile is running.

Update 2: Train-horn (ie non-Classic.mp3) sound repeats over and over until Snoozed, as it should. (Doesn't on Pre3). then does same, as should, when goes off again.

REQUEST: longer more intense vibrate mode if possible to code that in. vibrating only happens a few times and is kind of weak.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 12/05/2011 at 01:56 AM.
    -
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Verizon Pre2 and 0.3.2 beta - works fine so far
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 12/05/2011 at 12:15 AM.
    -
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Verizon Pre3 and 0.3.2 beta

The first time I tried to install it I had troubles with WOSQI (Win7-64, my signature below notwithstanding)

After turning off the Pre3, unplugging, I verified 0.3.1 was still there. Then tried again. Installed without any problems. AND, my red #'s and all my alarms were all preserved. Works in exhibition mode on touchstone and in regular mode.

HOLY COW IS THE PRE3 VIBRATE LOUD! lol

Note - I just tried the Classic sound with Vibrate. I have found that the other sounds don't seem to work on the TP and Pre3 in the past. Will experiment with 0.3.2 more though.

UPDATE 1: using the Train Horn, it only plays for a couple seconds, then cuts out. It does not play on and on as it should (Or as Classic sound does) if no button/screen is pushed. So this seems to be a bit of a bug, though could just need a new sound sample that plays longer?

UPDATE 2: Other than the non-Classic sounds not repeating, and the not starting if music program on, this seems to be a very good upgrade! Time for me to stop testing because they keep startling the heck out of me while I work!
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 12/05/2011 at 01:49 AM.
    -
  15.    #975  
    Thanks boodoc, I will look into the Train Horn sound not playing correctly. I will look at Audiophile too but I am not sure how much I can do about that.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I test it the howls week and it worked without problems .
    I used the exhibition mode all day on my desk and the alarm function to wake me up with a customer song in the morning.
    I doesn't had the Pre3 on the Touchstone when the alarm was scheduled. The app started corrects every time and I was able to stop the alarm.

Hape

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I did a quick check on my Touchpad and is looking good.
    I noticed one thing, there is a small white spot on the left side above the time.

HaPe

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    It's wierd behavior about when it's working on my Verizon Pre3. Vibrating works all the time. First time I make an alarm, works on TS. But if I change the time or days of an alarm, after that on TS and I think variably off it, all I get is vibration, not ringtone. I haven't tried mp3 songs yet.

This am about an hour after I had vibrating alarm on TS, it went off with ringtone. No multisnoozing enabled. No buzz between. No Timepiece screen to shut it off with. Starting Timepiece gave me usual scene, but no alarm stop button. I had to reboot to shut it off. Wierd... But webOS is a lot more complicated OS than the others.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    -
    Do you still need Beta testers? I have a veer and Pre 2
    I would love to beta test for my touchpad! Timepeice was my favorite clock app on my pre- back in the day and I haven't found an equivalent i liked on windows phone or android.