Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    If I leave Timepiece open all night, I will sometimes get the time freeze and no alarm problem. However, I have had no missed alarms while having the app closed and set to open on alarm.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If I leave Timepiece open all night, I will sometimes get the time freeze and no alarm problem. However, I have had no missed alarms while having the app closed and set to open on alarm.
    You know... that is a valid point... I have my alarm set and I just close the app. I never leave it open all night. Maybe that would have something to do with it.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Also, those with the problems alarms (that can repeat it on demand), try running lumberjack prior to using timepiece, produce the problem and then see if anything is displayed in lumberjack. It might help to see if there is an error and if so, it could be relayed to the dev.
    I'll see if i notice anything and check lumberjack but honestly it hasn't happened to me in a while. But when it does it is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    You know... that is a valid point... I have my alarm set and I just close the app. I never leave it open all night. Maybe that would have something to do with it.
    yep, that's what I'm thinking too. not sure what causes it but i leave mine lit up all night.
    Well I noticed that Timepiece alarms are not working on my device after I did the Sprint Pre-/Pre2 Franken stuff.

I create an alarm, set it up, and enable the toggle to turn it on. Going to the main scene (showing the clock), the text below says no alarms active or whatever.

If I go back to the alarms list, the alarm is toggled off. It is like it was not even set. I deleted it and tried to recreate, same result. I delete Timepiece and reinstalled, same result.

Attached is a log for what is it worth (capturing the launch, creation of alarm, configuration of alarm, enabling of alarm).
    Attached Files Attached Files

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    VZW Pre 2 running 2.x; after almost two years on a Pre and then Pre Plus. I'm used to leaving it run all night on my bedside Touchstone. Lately, I'm also seeing occasional freezing, which can keep Timepiece alarms from ringing. It appears that some other system event (like a Calendar notification or nightly backup) may be freezing Timepiece. I need this fixed; I absolutely rely on this great app. {Jonathan}
  6.    #886  
    I know it has been a while. I have not forgotten about this. I started a new job a few months ago and I have been very busy.

I have been testing Timepiece (same version on the App Catalog) on my orginal Pre running WebOS 2.1. This version may be slightly different than the official WebOS 2.1 since the Palm would not allow WebOS 2.1 on the original PRE... dont know for sure though. I have been running Timepiece non-stop for weeks now with no problems. Again, this is a fresh install of WebOS using the doctor, not an over the air upgrade. I know that this has caused problems for at least me in the past where it seems like an upgrade from an older WebOS version to a newer one caused all my apps to behave strangly.

I dont think this problem is affecting many people. I have received very few emails about this.

Can someone tell me if they are able to recreate this problem and how they did it?
    Happened again this am; had it on the Touchstone; it froze at 9:37 am Eastern. Here's the most recent log via Lumberjack:

undefined[2011-05-09 13:06:34] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM enablealarm: false
    [2011-05-09 13:06:34] (Timepiece) Error: ---- ALARM FROM ID ---- 1 2
    [2011-05-09 13:06:34] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM enablealarm: true
    [2011-05-09 13:06:34] (Timepiece) Error: ---- ALARM FROM ID ---- 2 2
    [2011-05-09 13:06:34] (Timepiece) Error: PREFS AFTER LOAD: - true
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM removed CONTINUE SUCCESS false true
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM removed CONTINUE SUCCESS true true
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: Alarm: ALARM DISABLED - 0
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM save started false
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM save started --alarmDB0
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ***** ENABLE ALARM *****: false
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM save started true
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM save started --alarmDB1
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: ***** ENABLE ALARM *****: true
    [2011-05-09 13:06:35] (Timepiece) Error: Alarm: ALARM SET SUCCESS - 1
    [2011-05-09 13:06:36] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM saved OK
    [2011-05-09 13:06:36] (Timepiece) Error: ALARM saved OK

{Jonathan}
    Besides getting the freeze issue solved (which obviously has a higher priority), I would like to have AccuRadio as an option. Pandora does not work in Germany (and least not some months ago, when I last tried).
    This morning I woke up on my own 20 minutes late. When I looked at my phone Timepiece was open and supposedly the alarm was ringing but there was no sound and no vibration.
  10.    #890  
    Mine is still going strong with no problems. The next step is to test a version with more debugging in it. I need a few people who would be willing to test this version and send me the logs when it screws up. If anyone is interested in testing please let me know. I would like to have 3-4 people.

Thanks
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Mine is still going strong with no problems. The next step is to test a version with more debugging in it. I need a few people who would be willing to test this version and send me the logs when it screws up. If anyone is interested in testing please let me know. I would like to have 3-4 people.

Thanks
    Jason
    I'm game!
    I'd be glad to help.
    I'm here to help if you need me.
    Ditto. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am using Timepiece on a WebOS 2.1.0 VZW Pre+ and have had ZERO issues. If you need testers for a new version count me in.
    Last edited by noseph; 05/23/2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I had this issue the last 2 nights. I'm in.
    I'm running 2.1.2 on a Veer if you need my input. Don't have the app installed yet.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post

Thanks
    Jason
    I am willing to help! I conistently have a problem when my Pre 2 is on the touchstone using Timepiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    VZW Pre 2 running 2.x; after almost two years on a Pre and then Pre Plus. I'm used to leaving it run all night on my bedside Touchstone. Lately, I'm also seeing occasional freezing, which can keep Timepiece alarms from ringing. It appears that some other system event (like a Calendar notification or nightly backup) may be freezing Timepiece. I need this fixed; I absolutely rely on this great app. {Jonathan}
    THis is the same error I am getting.
    Strange, but Timepiece is working again!

Not sure why since I had doctored once before, but after a small bout of swapping comm boards back to my Pre- and then back to the Sprint Franken Pre2 and re-doctoring, Timepiece has been working flawlessly.

Will report back if problems come back, but so far so good.