Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #861  
    Yes I have checked the Early Access Developer Forums with no luck. Palm got back to me today. First the original Pre's, pixi, PrePlus are not supported to run WebOS 2.1 and only sounds like a few carriers in Europe are supporting WebOS 2.1 on the PrePlus. There goes my testing phone. I am going to see what I can do with the emulator but it is going to be hard to narrow down the problem without someway of testing it. Also to add to the bad news, Palm has not released the Eclipse developer plugin for WebOS 2.1. I will see what I can come up with and get back with some news here soon. So far I have no answer to the Timepiece problems on WebOS 2.1, sorry.

If anyone has used homebrew to install WebOS 2.1 on an original pre please let me know.
    I'm running webOS 2.1 on my Sprint Pre Minus and my alarms have worked perfectly and I have not encountered the stop time bug.
    I am also running webOS 2.1 on my Sprint Pre(-) so maybe if you want to get the ol' homebrew beta test going again? I am having issues, so you have a sample set of one above you isn't and one here that is....hopefully you can come up with something in the emulator, if you read the forums here there are instructions on how to meta-doctor to get 2.1 on most phones...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I have a Bug to report and a feature to request, using WebOS 1.4.5

Bug Report
    When snoozing more than once, the alarm doesn't silence until the app is closed. Example: Alarm @ 8:00, press snooze & alarm silences. Alarm repeats @ 8:10, press snooze & alarm continues to sound until app is closed. App will reopen and alarm will sound @ 8:20

Feature Request
    When selecting the alarm sound, there is no way to preview the sounds. Even if you press the preview button on the clock screen, it always plays the default sound. Right now, the only way to hear the actual sound that is selected is to set an alarm and wait for it.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I just posted this thread before finding these updates on this one.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2922978
  6.    #866  
    It has been a little while since I last gave an update. I am working through all kinds of Development problems. I got WebOS 2.1 installed on my phone but now I cannot install apps to it with the SDK. This has to be the most difficult WebOS upgrade I have ever worked with. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know I havent forgotten about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    It has been a little while since I last gave an update. I am working through all kinds of Development problems. I got WebOS 2.1 installed on my phone but now I cannot install apps to it with the SDK. This has to be the most difficult WebOS upgrade I have ever worked with. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know I havent forgotten about this.
    Thank you for the update.
    Why don't you use WebOS Quick Install instead?
    Thanks for the update, when you get your feet wet w/ the 2.1 goodness maybe you can think about adding exhibition mode to your app. That would rock!

Thanks, can't wait for your update.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Thanks for the update, when you get your feet wet w/ the 2.1 goodness maybe you can think about adding exhibition mode to your app. That would rock!

Thanks, can't wait for your update.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I agree, I'd love to have an exhibition mode for timepiece.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    +1
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    +2

also, thank you very much for not forgetting about us!
    any update on the clock issue with 2.1? i havent been using timepeice for my alarms for a while now because i never know if the alarm will go off on time.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I agree, I'd love to have an exhibition mode for timepiece.
    +3
    +4 for an exhibition addition to the app.

Also some launch parameters added so that the app could be somewhat controlled via Mode Switcher would be great too!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    So glad you haven't forgotten about it. I notice when I set an alarm and the pre2 is on the touchstone the alarm won't go off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    So glad you haven't forgotten about it. I notice when I set an alarm and the pre2 is on the touchstone the alarm won't go off.
    Interesting problem regarding the alarms not going off.

I think I read some posts ago that a Sprint Pre- running webOS 2.1 had their alarms working fine as are my alarms working without issue (Sprint Pre-, 2.1).

I wonder if it is only happening on Pre2s?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I have a Sprint Pre- with webOS 2.1 and have had no alarms issues since updating.
    I have a pre- 2.1 and DO have issues with my alarm. It only happens every once and a while but i almost missed an exam for a class because of it so that alone makes it not reliable for me.

I don't know whats causing it. The time on my phone will freeze. Heres a screenshot i took:

Oh, and its only with this app, the stock clock works just fine. I'm beginning to use both with the normal clock app as a back-up just in case.
    My Timepiece clock is using the stock blue, but I don't know if the colors make a difference.
    Well I just did a comm swap from my Sprint Pre- to a Pre2 last night. I'll have to see if I experience any changes regarding the alarm not going off. Was fine for me on 2.1 Pre-.

Also, those with the problems alarms (that can repeat it on demand), try running lumberjack prior to using timepiece, produce the problem and then see if anything is displayed in lumberjack. It might help to see if there is an error and if so, it could be relayed to the dev.