Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    good morning all in regards to the wrong month showingl I emailed dev and this was his response: I am seeing the same thing.* I am sure I will be getting a lot of emails about this.* Unfortunately, I have this beta app already submitted to Palm.* I cannot submit another until this one is approved so it will probably be a week or so before this gets fixed.

On a whim I tried something I was a beta tester for the bug he was trying to fix with the disappearing alarms I uninstalled the beta version and imstalled the app catalog version and alarms are working properly.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I have just submitted a new version to Palm. It will be version 0.3.0 and it should finally fix disappearing alarms for good. Thanks everyone and especially the beta testers.
    So how long does it take an updated app to appear in the catalog? It's been a week and all I see is v.0.2.9.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    So how long does it take an updated app to appear in the catalog? It's been a week and all I see is v.0.2.9.
    It's there now.

On an unrelated note, and I apologize if this has been discussed already, but I didn't want to wade through 40+ pages...

Is it possible to have timepiece wake up the screen when the alarm sounds? I set the alarm then close the app (drains too much battery overnight otherwise). But when the alarm sounds, the screen is still black. So I've got to push the power button, then unlock the screen before I can snooze or dismiss the alarm.... would be nice if it would wake the screen up to the "locked" screen, as the default alarm clock does.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    It's there now.
    Yep - finally. Got it today.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Love the App. I've had several instances where I was without my phone (at my friends house) and the Timepiece alarm went off. I have the Pin set on my phone so people can't snoop around and the alarm rang for hours because the friends who were by the phone didn't have my code to get into the phone.

I'd like to see and option to set on the application to have the alarm be accessible, after it's gone off, to snooze or turn it off, even if your phone is protected with a pin code.

Thanks.
    Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

1. Alarm goes off at correct time, BUT also plays phone ring tone
    2. Clicking the "Alarm" bar at the top stops the Timepiece alarm, but does not stop the phone ring tone
    3. Setting the mute control (hardware switch at top) to mute turns off the phone ring tone, but when you turn the volume back on, the volume control is unresponsive until you reboot the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

1. Alarm goes off at correct time, BUT also plays phone ring tone
    2. Clicking the "Alarm" bar at the top stops the Timepiece alarm, but does not stop the phone ring tone
    3. Setting the mute control (hardware switch at top) to mute turns off the phone ring tone, but when you turn the volume back on, the volume control is unresponsive until you reboot the Pre
    Nope, never experienced that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Ideal might be if one of our expert developers could design an app to specify an app to autolaunch when placing the Pre on the Touchstone. Slip & Slide or something like this would be great choices for an app like that.
    You might want to look into Mode Switcher by sconix. Here is the link to the forum: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tcher-1-x.html
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

Love Timepiece. Lately, when the alarm goes off correctly, I get the pre alarm going off just a few seconds before and then it goes off and the Time piece alarm comes on as normal. Any thoughts? Not too much of a problem.
    Last edited by Whitenone; 09/28/2010 at 06:11 PM.
    Downloaded original ringtones again and it is working well again
    is there a way to create images for, or chage the clock #s?
    Quote Originally Posted by thinde88 View Post
    Love the app and just thought id recommend one thing. Is there any way to turn off the keyboard light on the pixi when the clock is running? I want to leave this running on the touchstone every night but that keyboard always shining in my face is stopping me right now. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
    You people that constantly complain about lights of the Pre keeping you from getting to sleep need to learn how to close your eyes when you are trying to go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    You people that constantly complain about lights of the Pre keeping you from getting to sleep need to learn how to close your eyes when you are trying to go to sleep.
    So let me get this right, the original posting was 10 month ago and NOW you are going to comment and criticize.

I think you need to go through your posts a little faster if you are 10 months behind.

If you are 10 months behind, here is some catch up FYI:

• HP bought PALM
    • There rumors of a Pre II comming out
    • PalmPad is suppost to come out Q1 2011

That should catch you up on the major talking points.
    Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    Thanks. I've loaded the patch to silence the charging alert but it's likely I'll eventually forget to unmute the phone and will miss an alarm so it would still be helpful if possible.

dj
    Why mute the phone with the ringer switch? Just do a Mode in MS that triggers when the Pre is placed on the Touchstone in Landscape (Left Rotation) and make sure in Settings that you have Sound Settings with Ringer and System Sounds at Minimum and Media Volume set to whatever level you want the alarm to play at. Set Timepiece as the App to start when the Mode starts. This way placing the phone on the Touchstone in Landscape will silence the phone and system sounds but alarms will still play and if you place the phone on the Touchstone in Portrait all sound volumes will be normal. As long as you have the Load Mode Switcher on Luna Start Patch installed then MS will always be loaded and if you have the Mode Switcher in System Menu Patch installed you can start your mode with the silenced Ringer and System Sounds Volumes from the System Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    So let me get this right, the original posting was 10 month ago and NOW you are going to comment and criticize.

I think you need to go through your posts a little faster if you are 10 months behind.

If you are 10 months behind, here is some catch up FYI:

• HP bought PALM
    • There rumors of a Pre II comming out
    • PalmPad is suppost to come out Q1 2011

That should catch you up on the major talking points.
    Have a nice day.
    There are thousands of posts on the forums and I don't think anyone is really reading all of them. I just got my Palm Pre from AT&T at the end of May and didn't learn about Timepiece until 2 days before my post so therefore wasn't reading the posts in that forum until that time. I am well aware that HP bought Palm and that THERE ARE rumor of a Pre II COMING out and that PalmPad is SUPPOSED to come out some time in 2011. Just get a bit tired of seeing so many people complain about having the screen or the keypad lights keeping people from sleeping. It's not like it is a searchlight that is so bright that it is visible even through closed eyelids and unless the complainers were throwing a towel over their old alarm clocks they already had something in the room that had the same level of brightness.

I tried looking through all the pages and couldn't find the answer to this question. What exactly does Enable Multiple Snoozing setting in Clock Settings accomplish.

it means you can hit snooze to multiply. So if you set snooze alarm time to 5 mins., when that alarm sounds, if you hit snooze twice, the alarm will ring again in 10 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    it means you can hit snooze to multiply. So if you set snooze alarm time to 5 mins., when that alarm sounds, if you hit snooze twice, the alarm will ring again in 10 mins.
    I spotted a problem with it. I have the menus set to AutoHide and have 1 alarm set to occur daily. When the alarm goes off, I hit the Dismiss Button then if I hit the bottom of the screen to unhide the menus it says Snoozing X 1 and I have to dismiss the alarm again.

I've noticed that snooze/dismiss issue as well. Kind of annoying.
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows this but Timepiece does not remember the order of alarms. It always reverts back to the original order.

Also, are you still continuing development on Timepiece?