Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Does the beta have any significant changes? Could you please post a change log of what we can expect when it goes public?
  2.    #802  
    Does the beta have any significant changes? Could you please post a change log of what we can expect when it goes public?
    The only thing this beta has it the fix for disappearing alarms. I plan on getting more features in Timepiece soon when I have more time.

For the beta testers, did you receive my email?

Thanks
    Jason
  3. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I received the email, installed the beta, and for the last 2, if not 3 days, my only enabled alarm is being turned off automatically without actually going off.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    This morning all my alarms were turned off. I overslept 30 minutes. I was like what happened. I sent x7jay7x an email. That has never happened before.
    I would like to beta test too if you still need peeps. I use the app regulary but have not had any problems with it. This is my favorite clock app. Keep up the great work, thanks.
    In which file it is necessary to instal
  7. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    With the beta, if you create or turn on an alarm, and don't exit the app, it will alert, but if you create or turn on an alarm, and exit the app, the next time you start timepiece all alarms will be turned off.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I bought Timepiece today and REALLY like it. I have it paired with ModeSwitcher to load Timepiece when the Pre is placed on the Touchstone after 10:00 pm and it makes a very nice looking alarm clock. The only problem I have is that I use the Really Silent Ringer Switch (RSRS) patch to make sure my phone is quite when I need it to be - like when placing it on the Touchstone while my wife is sleeping (or in a meeting at work, but this is not nearly as dangerious as waking the wife :-) ). The built-in Clock app has the setting to "Play alarm anyway" when the Ringer Switch is off. RSRS allows the Clock to play when this setting is selected. I would really like Timepiece to include a similar feature. I would be willing to pay an additional fee for an upgrade with this feature. Any chance of this making the list? My current solution is to keep my alarms in the built-in Clock app and use Timepiece for landscape display on the nightstand.

Thanks,
    Dana
    Last edited by dbolden; 08/24/2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Add info...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    I bought Timepiece today and REALLY like it. I have it paired with ModeSwitcher to load Timepiece when the Pre is placed on the Touchstone after 10:00 pm and it makes a very nice looking alarm clock. The only problem I have is that I use the Really Silent Ringer Switch (RSRS) patch to make sure my phone is quite when I need it to be - like when placing it on the Touchstone while my wife is sleeping (or in a meeting at work, but this is not nearly as dangerious as waking the wife :-) ). The built-in Clock app has the setting to "Play alarm anyway" when the Ringer Switch is off. RSRS allows the Clock to play when this setting is selected. I would really like Timepiece to include a similar feature. I would be willing to pay an additional fee for an upgrade with this feature. Any chance of this making the list?

Thanks,
    Dana
    You could create a mode that silences everything except the Media Volume (which Timepiece uses).
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    You could create a mode that silences everything except the Media Volume (which Timepiece uses).
    I'll play around with that a little more, but I think the "charging" sound plays before Mode Switcher has a chance to kill the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    I'll play around with that a little more, but I think the "charging" sound plays before Mode Switcher has a chance to kill the sound.
    There's a patch to completely silence the charging sound or just make it vibrate.
    If you're still looking for beta testers, I'm willing to help.

I've noticed some problems with the way I use Timepiece and narrowed it down to the case that I close the Timepiece card while the alarm is going off. When I do that, the next time I start Timepiece, all my settings are lost and my alarms have disappeared as well. Is this what is fixed in the new beta?
  13.    #813  
    I have just submitted a new version to Palm. It will be version 0.3.0 and it should finally fix disappearing alarms for good. Thanks everyone and especially the beta testers.

dbolden I will look into this. If I remember correctly, the Palm clock app uses audio API's that dev's are not allowed to use.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I have just submitted a new version to Palm. It will be version 0.3.0 and it should finally fix disappearing alarms for good. Thanks everyone and especially the beta testers.

dbolden I will look into this. If I remember correctly, the Palm clock app uses audio API's that dev's are not allowed to use.
    Thanks. I've loaded the patch to silence the charging alert but it's likely I'll eventually forget to unmute the phone and will miss an alarm so it would still be helpful if possible.

dj
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I just opened Timepiece to check on tomorrow's morning alarm and it says that my next alarm date is 10/1; not 9/1. Anyone else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    I just opened Timepiece to check on tomorrow's morning alarm and it says that my next alarm date is 10/1; not 9/1. Anyone else seeing this?
    Sure am. Ugh. Guess it's back to the stock alarm app for tonight. Thanks for noticing and mentioning it!!

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    Yup, seems to be a bug... I'll be setting a backup alarm tonight. haha

I seem to recall this happening once before, possibly when the app was still just in homebrew.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Yep - just checked; same thing. I guess I'll use the built-in app tonight too.
    Yeah, it also shows 10/1 too. Stock app for me too.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    just noticed that alarm date is now corect. Must have changed at midnight.