Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Ahh, that's shame. But thanks for your quick reply. I used to have an alarm app on the old Centro that did that and it was awesome. My fiancÚ makes fun of me on a regular basis, because even his old Sony mobile can do it.. Ah well, maybe it would be a great idea to add it as a feature in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Next report - today Timepiece did not start itself and I missed an alarm. That's twice in one week the app failed to sound a set alarm. All settings were for "on". Any update coming to solve this problem?
    i have been using this app as my alarm clock for close to a year now and have never experienced an issue -- i am overclocked and have 120 apps and patches installed -- no conflicts -- really before any "update" could be released there would have to be a know verifiable issue -- you have not stated what os version you are using what other apps / patches are installed -- i would say that you would have to trouble shoot your phone to find out what the issue is then if you can reproduce the issue then it can be resolved -- from your total lack of information and you less then astute reporting of the issues there is not a soul on this forum that can help you -- therefore you must help your self -- or at the very least help the people that would help you
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    Quick question, as I am considering getting this app: Does it provide the ability to set up an ascending alarm? I hate getting woken up to a blasting alarm in the morning..
    while this is not an option you could set consecutive alarms with increasing volumes of alarm tones -- this is what i do - 5 min apart from a nice quite sound to a violent hateful diddy if i fail to awake in time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    I've been trying to buy the app, but get "purchase failed". I give up. None of my other app purchases were denied. I'll try buying another 99-cent app and see what happens.
    Download was successful...My CC info had expired...Great app for only 52 cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Is there a way to preview the stock alarm sounds? Just by reading the names, I can't tell which ones are most likely to wake me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    This is a feature that will be added in the next update.
    Is this feature still going to be added at some point?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have been using this app as my alarm clock for close to a year now and have never experienced an issue -- i am overclocked and have 120 apps and patches installed -- no conflicts -- really before any "update" could be released there would have to be a know verifiable issue -- you have not stated what os version you are using what other apps / patches are installed -- i would say that you would have to trouble shoot your phone to find out what the issue is then if you can reproduce the issue then it can be resolved -- from your total lack of information and you less then astute reporting of the issues there is not a soul on this forum that can help you -- therefore you must help your self -- or at the very least help the people that would help you
    Hmm - true re the info I have given - I was first just asking about the app and what others had experienced. Not much feedback on that.

Next report - this morning - I had it running all night on the touchstone but no alarm went off. I checked the alarm settings and all my alarms were now gone. I would be really ticked at the app except that has happened to me with the regular Clock app as well.

WHOA!! I just touched the add alarm button and my first alarm reappeared! I touched it again and my second alarm reappeared. Same for the third. Shut down the program and restarted it and they are still there.

I'm running a Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1. No kernal changes. My patches are:
    a messed up Snooze Duration Selection patch I have been able to fix yet; 21px font; 4x4 icons v5; Add date - MM/DD; Add Move to Folder Button; Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss; Advance Conf for App Launcher; Alarm Dail Options; All Day events in Month View; Battery Icon as Percent; Brightness in Device Menu; Character Counter; Default to Week View; Disable Charging Alert Sound; Enable Lanscp Email; Glass Effect; GPS in Device Menu; Increase Font Size 18 Aqua; More Default Snooze Times; More Reminder Alarm Times; Multi Mod; Select Alert and Notification Tones; Timestamps Fancy; Unthrottle Download Manager.
  7.    #787  
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I have been busy. I have a bit of free time so I am back to working on PALM apps again. I am not doing any major feature additions to Timepiece but I am in the process of fixing the disappearing alarms. Palm doesnt seem to want to fix this problem so I found another way to store alarms.

I would like to find a few people that would be willing to test a Beta version of Timepiece. This version should fix the disappearing settings/alarms for good. I am looking for a few people that have had disappearing issues and few people that have not. Just to warn people, I have done preliminary testing on this beta version and it seems stable but I cannot 100% guarantee that, thus the app being a beta. I would really appreciate some help. The faster I get this tested the faster it gets up in the catalog.

Thanks
    J
    i will help test. What do you mean by disappering alarms?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have had the disappearing alarms and I would be willing to test. Thanks for working further on the issue - sorry to hear that Palm does not.
  10.    #790  
    Thanks guys. I am planning on having it done by Monday. I will PM the people that are willing to test.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I would be happy to test. Looking for a good clock app and this seems to be it.
    I too would be willing to test the app. I rely on alarms several times a day, so expect some feedback.
    looking forward to a great app being even greater. Love the train alarm. Is there a way it could be made to auto volume full blast. What I mean is a few times I had alarm set,then I was messing with phone and turned volume down,forgot to turn back up when I put phone down. Is something like that a possibility? Dummy proof so to speak.,lol. Great app. Best clock app out there.
  14.    #794  
    zmann. There is no developer access to volume controls. Maybe in the next big WebOS release. We will see.

Thanks for offer guys. It is taking me a bit longer than expected to get this beta done. I am putting the finishing touches on it now. Expect something in the next few days.

Thanks
    Jason
    Have you looked any more at using the system volume instead of the media volume?

I know Jason R. had said at one point that it was accessible in the public APIs. I think that would solve a lot of people's problems with alarm volume.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  16. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I can test the beta as well, although I haven't had the problem of disappearing alarms since at least 1.4.5.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I can beta test, too. I already use it as my primary alarm clock, with regular alarm clock as a backup. Thanks for working on it.

No disappearing alarms noticed, although I have missed a couple. Not sure if I slept through them or the were missed at alarm time.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
  18.    #798  
    Spader, I will look into the volume controls but I believe they are accessible in homebrew applications only. Devs can only use certain Palm Approved API's to get in the app catalog.

I just finished the beta. I will be distributing it to the people willing to test in the next day or so. Expect a PM.

Thanks
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Spader, I will look into the volume controls but I believe they are accessible in homebrew applications only. Devs can only use certain Palm Approved API's to get in the app catalog.

I just finished the beta. I will be distributing it to the people willing to test in the next day or so. Expect a PM.

Thanks
    Jason
    Jason, I am willing to beta test your new version.
  20.    #800  
    I have sent PM's to those willing to test.

Thanks again.