Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    "I want my Palm Pre Time----Piece"

(Sung to the tune of "I want my MTV" which only the over-40's out there will probably remember...)

seriously - it's a good app, and I'm sure it will be out soon in App Catalog. I never rely completely on my Palm to wake me, because sometimes it just up and dumps it's charge anyway.

I do hope the developer charges a little bit for it - he deserves to make something off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    "I want my Palm Pre Time----Piece"

seriously - it's a good app, and I'm sure it will be out soon in App Catalog.

I do hope the developer charges a little bit for it - he deserves to make something off it.
    It's already been for sale in the app catalog. I bought it for $1.99 over 2 months ago. Why put an expiration date in it? Is it going to expire again at some unknown date?

I know the developer has been contacted and a fix is pending but I don't think it's asking too much for him to have made a post in this thread explaining the issue instead of others having to contact him and then post his answer for him.
  3.    #743  
    Trekker I do agree. I should have been on here earlier. I have been swamped with mass emails among other things. I apologize for a late response and to the recent Timepiece issue.

This was a mistake on my part. There was some code leftover from the homebrew version that caused a bug. I can't believe it happened because I double and sometimes triple check a Palm App Catalog version to make sure there is no homebrew code in there.

All I can say is I am very sorry. I know this has inconvenienced many people.

I submitted a fixed version to Palm on Saturday about 20 mins after I saw the first few emails. I am waiting on them now to approve it. I expect it to be approved very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Trekker I do agree. I should have been on here earlier. I have been swamped with mass emails among other things. I apologize for a late response and to the recent Timepiece issue.

This was a mistake on my part. There was some code leftover from the homebrew version that caused a bug. I can't believe it happened because I double and sometimes triple check a Palm App Catalog version to make sure there is no homebrew code in there.

All I can say is I am very sorry. I know this has inconvenienced many people.

I submitted a fixed version to Palm on Saturday about 20 mins after I saw the first few emails. I am waiting on them now to approve it. I expect it to be approved very quickly.
    thanks for this and the fact that you have been responding to e-mails -- i love your ap and reley upon it heavily as i use the phone as my only alarm clock -- i do however set a stagered alarm on the native ap just so that if there is an issue i am covered -- had a strange bug however -- when this ap expired at midnight it was open and it froze my phone completely -- just something i thought you should know

looking forward to the new release and again .. thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Update is showing up in Preware, but not in app catalog for me.... I'll reload it in a few minutes to see if it shows up
    Update is in the App Catalog... downloading now...
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    All set, updated, back in business... thanks Jay!
    Downloaded from App Catalog and working now, but I had to re-enter all my alarms.
    Odd... all my alarms are still there. Did you uninstall the app while it was down?
    Yes, I probably did Sunday, trying to figure out what went wrong.
    That'll do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Odd... all my alarms are still there. Did you uninstall the app while it was down?

My alarms were gone too, but I know that I DID uninstall and reinstall when the "expiration" message first appeared.

You live, you learn, right?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I click Update in Preware, and App Catalog launches and the only option is Tap to launch. Am I missing something?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I click Update in Preware, and App Catalog launches and the only option is Tap to launch. Am I missing something?

Open the App Catalog then click on the "Shopping Bag" icon in the lower right corner... then click the install updates button.

Sometimes updates appear in the updates feed a long time before the newest version shows in the regular feed.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Thank you. I guess I have not actually used the App Catalog, always go to Preware.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I updated Timepiece via the app catalog and mine still says program expired!!

Can the develop please explain why this is still happening?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I updated Timepiece via the app catalog and mine still says program expired!!

Can the develop please explain why this is still happening?
    were you running the homebrew app or the paid for app from the palm ap catalog? -

if you had the paid version try a full reset? -- also are you sure you DL the newest version make sure you have version 2.9 -- not 2.8 if it is not 2.9 the download did not work --- make sure you get the update through the ap catalog not preware -- i couldn't get it to download through the catalog if i went through preware to get there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    were you running the homebrew app or the paid for app from the palm ap catalog? -

if you had the paid version try a full reset? -- also are you sure you DL the newest version make sure you have version 2.9 -- not 2.8 if it is not 2.9 the download did not work --- make sure you get the update through the ap catalog not preware -- i couldn't get it to download through the catalog if i went through preware to get there
    Hi thanks. Yes I purchased the app via the app catalog. I deleted the app and reinstalled via the app catalog and have already tried resetting the phone. Still see the program expired screen.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The old version is still curently in the catalog main feed, and the update in the updates feed, so you just have to install from the App catalog, then immediately update via the update or "shopping bag" screen. That should do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    The old version is still curently in the catalog main feed, and the update in the updates feed, so you just have to install from the App catalog, then immediately update via the update or "shopping bag" screen. That should do it.
    Ahhh...thanks! That worked.