Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The developer has been contacted and has submitted an update. It is waiting on Palm to put it in the catalog.......
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The Timepiece app has it's own thread with the latest & greatest....
    Don't mean to get of topic here... But do you guys recommend Time Piece? I might get it on Buy An App Day (June 6)
    yes best alarm clock app out. Stas on when on touchscreen and looks like a modern alarm clock with several options. Am hating not having it right now due to stupid issue. I hope develpoers next update eliminates this from happening. My question is what is buy an app day?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Don't mean to get of topic here... But do you guys recommend Time Piece? I might get it on Buy An App Day (June 6)
    I like it quite a bit, I use it as my alarm clock, and have it set to start when it hits the Touchstone each night (with Mode Switcher) I like the retro digital clock look, and change colors frequently.
    it's one of my favorite apps due to functionality and attention to detail
    Hmm.. Sounds pretty nice! I'm going to buy it on June 6

Buy an App Day:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-6-2010-a.html
    Why would a program expire?
    bug, mixed up version sent to app catalog, oversight, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    bug, mixed up version sent to app catalog, oversight, etc.
    Heh, wow I sure hope it was some kind of bug. Eventually I'm going to move on from the Pre, but I'll probably keep it as a music player, alarm clock, etc. I wouldn't want any of my apps to suddenly become unusable!
    It sucks because the dev. is geting bad reviews since his app took a dump and palm taking they sweet time to update it.
    Yep... everybody expects instant gratification... mine mine mine, now now now!

I blame DVRs
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    It sucks because the dev. is geting bad reviews since his app took a dump and palm taking they sweet time to update it.
    Don't we get to observe Memorial day weekend?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Maybe 7-11 should be to blame

I remember when we had to drive to a store for phone updates! In a freakin' NAM burner!!
    Looks like everyone's going to have to use the stock clock app for tomorrow morning.
    The app expiring suddenly was just the icing on the cake of a long list of problems for me. When it's worked, it's been great, but it is WAY too unreliable to depend on as your only alarm (case in point: who saw the "expiration" coming?). When I go off to work, I use Timepiece, but never without my Blackberry alarm set as a back-up. Timepiece has let me down too many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Looks like everyone's going to have to use the stock clock app for tomorrow morning.
    Three mornings and counting, here!
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Don't we get to observe Memorial day weekend?
    Absolutely not!

.... And while your there on Monday, (yesterday... Late joke), please go ahead and 'ok' the 1.5 webOS update. Heck, go ahead an email me.. Errrr... Dieter the c40/c41/c42 schematics & release date.

Hope all of you @ Palm had a good memorial day!!
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Palm did not add the lines of code to make this app fail on a certain date.

The developer of this app put an expiration in the app. Other developers may put in an expiration timer like this as well in a homebrew or beta version.

Again, this was not Palm putting in a Trojan horse.

Has the developer said if they will put another expiration date in future updates?

When will the next version expire? Is that stated someonewhere in the app documention?

Will a new version be available in the catalog well before that next expiration?

Note: I am merging the new Timepiece thread into the main Timepiece thread (that already explained what had happened).

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/01/2010 at 10:09 AM.