Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Mine expired today, too. Guess we just wait for the new version.

/Kevin
    Mine too..paid for the app last friday and it tells me it has expired and to download the new beta version..err,from where..??
    I put it down to a rip off..paid for software doesn't "expire".
    Quote Originally Posted by seventhsinner View Post
    Mine too..paid for the app last friday and it tells me it has expired and to download the new beta version..err,from where..??
    I put it down to a rip off..paid for software doesn't "expire".
    You expended the energy to make this your first post...

...why not use some of it to go back a page and read the post with the e-mail from the developer saying that he has already released an update to fix the problem, and just needs Palm verification to show up in the App Catalog?

Mistakes happen, brosky.
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    Mine too! Had it purchased last night after the homebrew version expired on me. I deleted the homebrew app, purchased the paid one from the catalog, it still says "expired". Already sent an email to the author. Hope to get this fixed very soon, I also frequently use this app!

EDIT:
    Just saw I already got an answer:
    "Sorry for the inconvenience, a new version was submitted to Palm to fix this bug. It will take a few days before you see it in the App Catalog.

-Jason"
    That's great news thanks for the info. Accidents happen I am glad it is getting fixed this App is awesome.
    Good to know there's a new version coming. I love this app. It was the first app I ever purchased and when it didn't work 'inspired' me to register on this forum. You can tell I'm really reliant on this great app!

Thanks X7JAY7X.
    Will try...
    This is a great app (and a "Homebrew Graduate) from a good developer. I'm sure it's just a bug and will be remedied as soon as an update can show up in the app catalog (when an update/app is submitted to Palm and when it shows upfor download doesn't happen instantly).

Sit back, relax, and there will probably be an update in a day or two.
    Glad to see that I'm not the only one having a problem with the app. Happy to see there's a fix on the way.
    indeed i was lucky enough to wake up at my normal time b4 work.....sigh stupid timepiece :P but yeah good to know that they are workin on it
    Waiting................
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I got the expiration too, but my first reaction was "did I load the wrong software?" and figured it was my fault. Coding errors happen - if the developer knows it and has submitted a fix, that's fine for now.

A lot of people are complaining/whining in the "Reviews" section for this in the app catalog - funny, there still is the Palm clock application on the phone. People should use it for a few days to get up; their life hasn't been ruined.

Remember this is a $1 or $2 application - if something is mission critical, get something with no chance of failure. A $1 app on a new OS (still under 1 year old) is not the wisest solution if you think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    I got the expiration too, but my first reaction was "did I load the wrong software?" and figured it was my fault. Coding errors happen - if the developer knows it and has submitted a fix, that's fine for now.

A lot of people are complaining/whining in the "Reviews" section for this in the app catalog - funny, there still is the Palm clock application on the phone. People should use it for a few days to get up; their life hasn't been ruined.

Remember this is a $1 or $2 application - if something is mission critical, get something with no chance of failure. A $1 app on a new OS (still under 1 year old) is not the wisest solution if you think about it.
    -- people paid for this ap and there is a problem -- i reley on this ap and even though i understand and have as you said enabled the native clock ap i don't need your lecture -- i am glad that the dev is releasing a correction and i am not going to run and complain in the review section but people who did have a right to do so -- this could be more than a small inconvienence to some people and whether it was a dollar or 100 dollars it still sucks when something like this happens -- i guess a part of the problem is that this ap has been so reliable that i have gone ahead and become dependant on it. I will support it till the end and i use it every day -- it is a great ap -- as a matter of fact i will most likely go and support it in the ap menu reviews --
    that being said i don't want to listen to your lectures on what people should and shouldn't do
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    -- people paid for this ap and there is a problem -- i reley on this ap and even though i understand and have as you said enabled the native clock ap i don't need your lecture -- i am glad that the dev is releasing a correction and i am not going to run and complain in the review section but people who did have a right to do so -- this could be more than a small inconvienence to some people and whether it was a dollar or 100 dollars it still sucks when something like this happens -- i guess a part of the problem is that this ap has been so reliable that i have gone ahead and become dependant on it. I will support it till the end and i use it every day -- it is a great ap -- as a matter of fact i will most likely go and support it in the ap menu reviews --
    that being said i don't want to listen to your lectures on what people should and shouldn't do
    This was the first app that I bought... it was only 99 cents... but it was very reliable (a couple issues early on, but all resolved in a timely fashion) so I agree with Rob, we have the right to complain but do it nicely... some people are just complainers, and this app is not one to complain about... it is very reliable... I will wait for the new version... I relized it was broke before setting my alarm, so I used the old standby...an alarm clock.
    the problem is that the majority of the people have no idea that a fix is on the way. Reading the reviews, it seems like people have been 'contacting the author' but getting no response.

I know it's hard for a single dev to address everyone with an issue like this, but I understand the backlash. Updating his webpage with a notice of the progress he's making on a fix would alleviate some of the tension.
    I'm betting that he got several thousand emails within a day.... poor guy!
    It now says "Program Expired"

I'm at 0.2.8 and there're no updates available.

Has anybody heard anything about this?
    Same exact thing happened to me
    I haven't heard anything, but it happened to me too. I bought it several months ago and have kept up to date. Of course, my alarm failed to go off. Perhaps I should go revise my review.
    Yeah, this is strange.

Thanks guys.
    The developer has been contacted and has submitted an update. It is waiting on Palm to put it in the catalog.......
    who is the developer? Are they still active here/