Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    It also appears that the MP3 caching issue is gone, or at least it seems to be gone now.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  2.    #662  
    It would be great for the screen to turn on when the alarm is going off even if you don't have the app set to keep the screen always on.
    I tried to get this to work and what happens is that the screen will stay on indefinetly. It has been several versions ago that I attempted this and maybe the SDK screen functions behave a different way in later WebOS versions.

"This app is not available in your country" from AppCatalog
    Timepiece should be available in all countries now. Please let me know if it isn't

I was wondering what features 2.8 brought?
    Multilingual support and a few bug fixes. There were no new features in v0.2.8

Is there a way to preview the stock alarm sounds? Just by reading the names, I can't tell which ones are most likely to wake me up.
    This is a feature that will be added in the next update.

Is it possible to have it be the default system clock? so that when my screen starts to sleeps it shows your clock rather than the standard clock.
    Not with the current SDK. It might be possible with hombrew tweaking apps though.

Have you tried turning down the Background Contrast setting all the way in the Timepiece options? I have this all the way left and the Brightness slider almost all the way left and that makes the clock just fine in a dark room.
    The brightness in Timepiece is not actually changing the brightness of the backlight. The SDK does not allow developers to do this. Instead Timepiece changes the opacity of the clock elements. At this time, Timepiece cannot be any dimmer.

Thanks
    Jason
    I love this app,thanks!
    I love this app. Keeps me ontime for work as it's my alarm clock.

1 issue I had had. Sometimes after the alarms go off, the next time I go to set them, they will be gone. 9 out of 10 times when I hit the plus to add alarm, it will pop up the 1st missing alarm.

1 out of 10 times it will forget everything in alarm and I have to reset all alarms.

has this happened to anyone else.

parden the lack of search and formating....typing on pre.
    Tis is a beautifull app. But I wish the volume of the alarm could be set independently from the system volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    1 issue I had had. Sometimes after the alarms go off, the next time I go to set them, they will be gone. 9 out of 10 times when I hit the plus to add alarm, it will pop up the 1st missing alarm.

1 out of 10 times it will forget everything in alarm and I have to reset all alarms.

has this happened to anyone else.
    Yes, this happens to me regularly. In fact, I don't just lose my alarms, but all the app settings: brightness, clock face, etc. And I have the same experience that when I try to add alarms back in, I click + and it shows me the first alarm I had from before.
    Alarms have no sound. They all go off, but there is no sound. This started on Saturday. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    I have all of my alarms set to use "flurry.mp3" as their alarm sound. This morning, and a few days ago as well, it did not play that tone, but instead played sound weird-sounding "jungle" music. I was not able to stop the music from playing no matter what I did -- snoozing the alarm did not stop the music, and dismissing the alarm did not stop the music. I had to reset the phone each time.

Any idea what is going on? It's worked every time except for those two times, but when it happens, it's really frustrating, especially since the phone takes so long to reboot. But I couldn't find any way to get the music to stop no matter what else I tried.

/Kevin
    I really love this app , few days ago I was having some sound problem with my alarm and I was really frustrated but on the next day when I set it again it was alright and was working perfectly. No more issues now.
    I've found a bug....

I had an alarm set for 10:58am but I deleted it before that time. It still rang at the set time. Did this happen because I didn't turn it off before deleting it?
    Okay, I found the MP3 file it's playing: Rain Dance.mp3

I just have no idea WHY it's playing that file when I've selected "flurry.mp3". And the worst part is, once the alarm goes off, there is no way to stop it -- snooze doesn't work, and turning off the alarm doesn't work -- short of rebooting the whole phone or doing a battery pull.

Any ideas? App just to work great. Would it be worth it to remove and reinstall TimePiece? Or even delete all my alarms and re-add them? (I only have five or six, so it's not the end of the world.)

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Okay, I found the MP3 file it's playing: Rain Dance.mp3

I just have no idea WHY it's playing that file when I've selected "flurry.mp3". And the worst part is, once the alarm goes off, there is no way to stop it -- snooze doesn't work, and turning off the alarm doesn't work -- short of rebooting the whole phone or doing a battery pull.

Any ideas? App just to work great. Would it be worth it to remove and reinstall TimePiece? Or even delete all my alarms and re-add them? (I only have five or six, so it's not the end of the world.)

/Kevin
    This has happened to me aswell, but it switched to my original alarm after Rain Dance played for a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    This has happened to me aswell, but it switched to my original alarm after Rain Dance played for a few seconds.
    I wish that's all mine did. Honestly, I don't care what sound it wakes me to -- just about anything will wake me up. My main concern is that I can't snooze the alarm or even turn it off. Did you run into that, too? Or just the Rain Dance thing?

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I wish that's all mine did. Honestly, I don't care what sound it wakes me to -- just about anything will wake me up. My main concern is that I can't snooze the alarm or even turn it off. Did you run into that, too? Or just the Rain Dance thing?

/Kevin
    Just the Rain Dance thing.
    Jay,
    Any progress on fixing the "ghost" alarm issue?
    Thanks,
    Alan
    I also have no alarm sound. I tried rebooting, shutting down, reinstalling the app and still doesnt work.

The phone will only vibrate but no sounds for the alarm. Im a little ****ed because I missed something this morning because it never went off.
  17.    #677  
    I had an alarm set for 10:58am but I deleted it before that time. It still rang at the set time. Did this happen because I didn't turn it off before deleting it?
    It shouldn't matter if you turned it off before deleting it. I will look into this.

The disappearing alarms is an ongoing issue. PALM has finally recognized there is a bug but have given me no ETA on when it will be fixed.

I will look into all the alarm sound issues. It the sound doesnt work please check your sound volume by tapping the sound bell. There are different sound levels in WebOS, there is ringer and a media sound level. The media sound level is what Timepiece uses.

Would it be worth it to remove and reinstall TimePiece?
    I recommend this as a first step to anyone having any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I recommend this as a first step to anyone having any problems.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it made no difference. Every morning when my alarm goes off, it plays Rain Dance.mp3. I can't snooze. I can't stop the alarm. I have to reset the phone.

At this point, I've uninstalled the app completely and gone back to the stock alarm. I know people have said it's unreliable, but at least I can hit the snooze button. I'll reinstall the next time TimePiece gets an update and see if anything changes.

Or, let me know if there's anything else you want me to try.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This thread is a bit too long, but I was just wondering if there was a possible way to get the notifications to stay on the home screen of the app instead of disappearing? I don't notice that I received some text messages when the program is in full card mode, they'll pop up and then disappear into the background.
  20.    #680  
    Or, let me know if there's anything else you want me to try.
    Commonplace, I will PM you.

This thread is a bit too long, but I was just wondering if there was a possible way to get the notifications to stay on the home screen of the app instead of disappearing? I don't notice that I received some text messages when the program is in full card mode, they'll pop up and then disappear into the background.
    No there is not. In full screen mode (which Timepiece uses) notifications will not show. This is a limitation from Palm.

This thread is way to long. I was actually thinking of closing it for that reason. Timepiece is no longer available in Homebrew and I would rather have people email me with suggestions/problems.

Thanks
    Jason