Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Using the latest from the app catalog, I noticed one possible oddity. I have an alarm set to go at 8am, with a custom MP3 to play. That works fine, I hit snooze, and when the snooze it up, it continues playing the song where I snoozed it. I cancel that alarm. I have another alarm at 8:30 with a different MP3, but when this alarm fires, it still plays the previous alarm MP3. Seems like something is getting cached that maybe shouldn't be.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Using the latest from the app catalog, I noticed one possible oddity. I have an alarm set to go at 8am, with a custom MP3 to play. That works fine, I hit snooze, and when the snooze it up, it continues playing the song where I snoozed it. I cancel that alarm. I have another alarm at 8:30 with a different MP3, but when this alarm fires, it still plays the previous alarm MP3. Seems like something is getting cached that maybe shouldn't be.
    rpr,

I've noticed the same thing with the cached MP3 alarms.
  3.    #643  
    I have been able to re-create the small box for the alarm dismissal. I will fix that. I am now looking into the MP3 playing problem.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Great news that you were able to duplicate the small box issue. I look forward to the fix.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    do system sounds need to be turned on for alarms to sound? they don't, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Very soon, I have been working on the translations for the days above the time. It should be done in the next few days.

I will do some testing to see if I can get the alarm dismissal button to appear as a small box as well as see if I can get my alarms to change sounds by themselves. The small box instead of the alarm dismiss button sounds like there is a problem pointing to the path of that image but if that was the case everyone would be having this problem.
    And hope it will be soon available in the Spanish app catalog too...
    hmm, i did an "erase apps and data" yesterday. Created two alarms. one at 5:30 am and one at 6pm. The 5:30 am one works fine. I deleted the 6 PM one after i created it and it just went off today, even though the alarm didn't exist.. bug?
  8.    #648  
    do system sounds need to be turned on for alarms to sound? they don't, right?
    No they do not. I turn my ringer off and it will still play the alarm sound.

hmm, i did an "erase apps and data" yesterday. Created two alarms. one at 5:30 am and one at 6pm. The 5:30 am one works fine. I deleted the 6 PM one after i created it and it just went off today, even though the alarm didn't exist.. bug?
    Was the 6PM alarm created before or after you did an "erase apps and data"?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Firstly, thanks a TON for the excellent work on this application...

I was in on it from the first day when it hit Homebrew, and happy to have bought it through the app catalog.

My issue is that I am a good sleeper. That is, the alarm goes off... I turn it off and get up. I don't snooze... ever.

Since I am groggy/dazed when the alarm goes off, it is REALLY easy for me to miss the little bar to turn it off. I pick up my phone, turn OFF the alarm and close the application - then hit the shower.

Inevitably, in the middle of my shower, the alarm goes off again (snooze was set to 10 minutes). This angers my already grumpy wife...

I would like an option on the Snooze settings to turn the snooze off (0 Minutes?).

Please let me know what you think - or if (in all likelihood) I'm just an ***** who doesn't know how to use the settings correctly.

Thanks again for the excellent work.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Under Clock Options there are Snooze Mode Settings. The first is Enable Snooze Mode. I believe this is what you are looking for.
    Last edited by noseph; 04/23/2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    No they do not. I turn my ringer off and it will still play the alarm sound.

Was the 6PM alarm created before or after you did an "erase apps and data"?
    6pm alarm was set after i did the erase.
    I'm a huge fan of this app. Great work! Lately I've been using it with the screen turning off because even at the dimmest setting it's pretty bright in an otherwise dark room. What I've fiund though is that to snooze the alarm I have to turn on the screen and then tap it to snooze. It would be great for the screen to turn on when the alarm is going off even if you don't have the app set to keep the screen always on.

what do you think?
    UPDATE: Now the AppCatalog it's been updated and I've bought the app!

Hi,

I've just seen a new release of the app but even though the Spanish country code (ES) is listed in the Preware "Countries" field, when the AppCatalog launches after clicking install in Preware I only receive the message "This app is not available in your country" from AppCatalog.

Will it be available soon?
    Last edited by registroaplicacion; 04/27/2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: AppCatalog updated some minutes later
    X7JAY7X, thanks for this nice app, which I purchased through the App Catalog. It has me thinking I can get rid of my "regular" bedside clock.

One little quibble about screen brightness. I have learned that if the Pre's own brightness is at full (which I often need during the day while I am out and about), and I set Timepiece's brightness to the lowest, the clock is still uncomfortably bright in a dark room. So I end up having to reduce master brightness to minimum in the 'Screen & Lock' app.

Is there any way that this step could be removed, and Timepiece brightness could truly reduce the Pre to its absolute minimum brightness? But then when the app is exited or minimized, let the Pre master brightness resume.

It is a minor annoyance which I'm happy to live with, but since you are asking for thoughts, that's mine.

Thanks again for the great little app!
    Last edited by quux; 04/27/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    I was wondering what features 2.8 brought?
    Is there a way to preview the stock alarm sounds? Just by reading the names, I can't tell which ones are most likely to wake me up.

Wonderful app. First one I purchased, months and months ago.
    I love it!
    Is it possible to have it be the default system clock? so that when my screen starts to sleeps it shows your clock rather than the standard clock.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Have you tried turning down the Background Contrast setting all the way in the Timepiece options? I have this all the way left and the Brightness slider almost all the way left and that makes the clock just fine in a dark room.

Quote Originally Posted by quux View Post
    X7JAY7X, thanks for this nice app, which I purchased through the App Catalog. It has me thinking I can get rid of my "regular" bedside clock.

One little quibble about screen brightness. I have learned that if the Pre's own brightness is at full (which I often need during the day while I am out and about), and I set Timepiece's brightness to the lowest, the clock is still uncomfortably bright in a dark room. So I end up having to reduce master brightness to minimum in the 'Screen & Lock' app.

Is there any way that this step could be removed, and Timepiece brightness could truly reduce the Pre to its absolute minimum brightness? But then when the app is exited or minimized, let the Pre master brightness resume.

It is a minor annoyance which I'm happy to live with, but since you are asking for thoughts, that's mine.

Thanks again for the great little app!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Whitenone,

The one thing that I know 2.8 fixed is the small Alarm Dismissal box problem that was reported by Gollyzila http://forums.precentral.net/2376609-post633.html

Cool, thanks