Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Updated paid version 0.2.7 from app catalog. Decided to use the sound icon last eveneing since morning before volume was VERY loud. Adjusted volume. This morning, the alarm had reverted from a custom ringtone alarm to the classic alarm sound that comes with TimePiece, Weird.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Tried to load it OTA via Preware last night & got the IPKG error several times... really wanted to try this out before it expires this month. Maybe I need to try it via WebOSQI? (which I haven't had to load since I installed Win7 several weeks ago)
    I got the same thing. So I tried Filecoaster and it worked for me (on the second attempt); WebOSQI was my next try so I don't know if it would had worked or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    I'm on my pre so I didn't go through all the postings.

I habe bought the full version cause I use it all the time, but I have noticed a new bug.

when you set an alarm, the button that pops up when that alarm goes off with no snooze, is a very small circle. I think the button pops up for a sec but then goes to a dot-circle in the center where it should be.

if you use snooze, it works correctly.

parden typos as this was typed on pre
    This bug is still apparent in the newest version released on the App Catalog. How many other people have experienced this bug?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have been having an issue with the alarm the past couple days. It is showing that it is going off, but there is no sound. Yes, I made sure the mute was not on on my phone, and my phone is reset daily, at least once. I am using the latest version. I use the train horn as my alarm, but I will try something else to test. I will also try a reinstall and see if that works today also... has anyone had this issue?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    I have been having an issue with the alarm the past couple days. It is showing that it is going off, but there is no sound. Yes, I made sure the mute was not on on my phone, and my phone is reset daily, at least once. I am using the latest version. I use the train horn as my alarm, but I will try something else to test. I will also try a reinstall and see if that works today also... has anyone had this issue?
    I had the same issue. Since this app first went to the catalog I have had zero problems until the latest WebOS and the latest version of Timepiece. I have all of mine set to vibrate and sound but only vibrate worked. No sound all volumes up. I even set a new alarm to test without making any other changes and sound and all worked. I don't really know how to figure out why one alarm had no sound but another alarm prior to the bad one and one after the bad one did have sound. The only difference in all three alarms is that the one without sound was using a different custom sound from the alarm before it. However, I tested that sound file with an alarm set after the bad alarm and it worked fine.
    check to see if your media volume is turned down. Play a song on your phone to make sure that all audio is working. Then try the alarm again.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    check to see if your media volume is turned down. Play a song on your phone to make sure that all audio is working. Then try the alarm again.
    Been there done that myself. That wasn't the issue, at least for me. All volumes were up and the mute was not on.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    so, I uninstalled and reinstalled and the alarm (train) worked fine this morning. Yes, I had checked the volume also and that was not the issue. I am thinking that somehow the train whistle mp3 had become "lost" since the other alarms worked fine.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    so, I uninstalled and reinstalled and the alarm (train) worked fine this morning. Yes, I had checked the volume also and that was not the issue. I am thinking that somehow the train whistle mp3 had become "lost" since the other alarms worked fine.
    I am not so sure I would classify this as fixed just yet. I have never had this problem before in previous versions. It could be a fluke that a certain chain of events just lined up perfectly to cause this and the chances of it happening again is slim to none, but my boss won't accept that answer if it happens a second time.

I installed Timepiece from a fresh full install of WebOS so there is little chance that the phone forgot one of my mp3's and not another that was in the same folder.
  10.    #630  
    The new version 0.2.7 uses the new audio HTML5 framework. In prior Timepiece versions, audio was handled by a different method that after WebOS v1.4.0 is deprecated. Since the HTML5 audio is new to WebOS there may be bugs with it. I will check and see if other dev's are seeing any audio issues.
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 04/08/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    understood about the boss thing... luckily, I woke up on my own before the clock and then laid in bed waiting for the alarm but it never went off. I have not had the problem since reinstalling the app, but if I do, I will let ya know...
    When can I buy Timepiece in the german App-Catalog?

(The new german translation with 0.2.7 is verry good. thanks)
    Oh my gosh I had the rudest awakening ever by Timepiece. Instead of giving the soft Classic sound it has for months now, it instead rang Raindance at full Volume (it sounded that way). And then once I had crapped through my ears and sneezed through my ****, the alarm switched to Classic as if nothing had happen. Might I had this happened at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Oh and I still have the bug where the alarm disengage button is replaced with a tiny square. I kind of don't mind it since I'm awake by the time I tap the little puny thing.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 04/12/2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added time of frightening.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    yeah, it seems that my alarm tones are changing too.... my "train horn" was replaced by classic.... even though the settings still says "train"... that is fine, but definitely a bug... at least the alarm is working in some fashion.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I upgraded from a Samsung i760 a week ago to a VZW Palm Pre + and today I purchased Timepiece 0.2.7. My first alarm went off at lunch today right on time, playing mealtime.wav, however I could not find any way to cancel it. After reading post 633 above, I set another alarm and sure enough I saw the cancel box flash on the screen and then minimize to a small square that is almost impossible to press.
  16.    #636  
    When can I buy Timepiece in the german App-Catalog?
    Very soon, I have been working on the translations for the days above the time. It should be done in the next few days.

I will do some testing to see if I can get the alarm dismissal button to appear as a small box as well as see if I can get my alarms to change sounds by themselves. The small box instead of the alarm dismiss button sounds like there is a problem pointing to the path of that image but if that was the case everyone would be having this problem.
    I have not had any of the "sound" issues. But I use the attack or fire alarm one.

in regards to the lack of the shut off alarm button. I have noticed that is you have snooze on, the button appears. If you shot snooze off, the little dot appears where it should show the bar.
    I have snooze off and I experience the one pixel alarm button.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Very soon, I have been working on the translations for the days above the time. It should be done in the next few days.

I will do some testing to see if I can get the alarm dismissal button to appear as a small box as well as see if I can get my alarms to change sounds by themselves. The small box instead of the alarm dismiss button sounds like there is a problem pointing to the path of that image but if that was the case everyone would be having this problem.
    I would be surprised if it is an image path problem since the alarm dismiss button appears very briefly before being replaced by the small box.
    I have had the problem for a few days of my custom .mp3 alarm sound being replaced by the classic beep-beep-beep sound and here is what I have observed.

After setting the alarm - if I use the little speaker icon test button [the one that plays five second of classic beeps] to check volume, then the classic beep is what I get when the alarm actually goes off. If I don't use the test icon [and say a little prayer that volume and bluetooth are set properly] then it plays the custom .mp3 as planned. This behavior has been consistently repeatable on my pre so perhaps this observation can help track down the bug if it is not already resolved.