Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #561  
    I will look into the bugs posted. Thanks for the reports. It seems that WebOS 1.4 is cropping up some new issues, mainly display problems.

I have an update on loosing the settings. Palm has acknowledged the problem and is escalating the trouble ticket with the engineers. Hopefully there is an answer soon.
    Thanks for giving us flexibility in the orientation of the app on the screen. I have another feature request. Would it be possible to allow us to test an alarm charm so that we can choose exactly the one we want? Similar to choosing a ringer for the phone. At the moment, I have to set an alarm and then pick the chime and wait for the alarm to go off to know what it will sound like. I love this app, it is my daily alarm clock. It's much better than the default.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Would it be possible to allow us to test an alarm charm so that we can choose exactly the one we want? Similar to choosing a ringer for the phone. At the moment, I have to set an alarm and then pick the chime and wait for the alarm to go off to know what it will sound like. I love this app, it is my daily alarm clock. It's much better than the default.
    I second that request. In fact it's almost word-for-word what I came here to say
    OK, I don't know if this is a new bug, I've only read back to January because this only cropped up either after WebOS 1.4 or Timepiece 0.2.5. I have a week day alarm set, and have set a few other one time alarms. Everything was dandy till a couple weeks ago...more or less...a week after I had set a one time alarm that I had erased, it (or at least the ring for it) sounded at the same time as my daily alarm. I hit snooze, regular ring turned off, ghost ring kept going. I hit alarm off, ghost ring kept going. I had to reset the device to kill the ghost ring. It happened again, a week later, and has now happened the past 4 days, one right after another. I was using the homebrew version, tried reinstalling it a couple days ago, no change. I thought, "self, stop being cheap and just download the app catalog version since you have been happy with the program and its utility for so long." So I uninstalled the homebrew and bought the AC version...no change. Any thoughts would be great, I think my wife is about to throw my phone into a wall next time I can't snooze it.

Sprint Pre, 1.4, lots of patches and programs, not willing to take them all off to get one program to work...maybe a couple if you know exactly which might be messing it up (if that's the problem).
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm looking for an app that will silence email and text notifications (everything except a phone call) at night while the phone is on the TS. Can Timepiece or something else do that? I only want phone calls to wake me at night, everything else can wait until morning. But during the day I want audible alarms when the phone is on the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    I'm looking for an app that will silence email and text notifications (everything except a phone call) at night while the phone is on the TS. Can Timepiece or something else do that? I only want phone calls to wake me at night, everything else can wait until morning. But during the day I want audible alarms when the phone is on the TS.
    My app Mode Switcher can do this and a lot more. Currently in beta, but "stable" release should be out very soon hopefully on next week. I am currently fixing problems that 1.4 version caused and releasing a new version during this weekend.
    Thought I had the problem fixed by moving back to the default alarm tone, but Tuesday rolled around and it happened again.

I guess I'll keep complaining every Tuesday until I get a response...I'm much too cheap to stop using the program after spending $1.99 on it.
  8.    #568  
    Madcow, sorry for the late response. I have been busy lately so I havent been on here as much as usual. I do check my email several times a day. That is the best place to get a hold of me for something urgent.
    Any progress on fixing the ghost alarms? It's quite annoying.
    I'm probably gonna stop using timepiece and use the built in alarm (which is nowhere near as good) until a fix comes out.
    I just bought this app and my only request is a white text theme to go with the red/blue/green currently available. Is this possible?
  11.    #571  
    Any progress on fixing the ghost alarms? It's quite annoying.
    I'm probably gonna stop using timepiece and use the built in alarm (which is nowhere near as good) until a fix comes out.
    Alan, are you having the same problem as madcow?

I just bought this app and my only request is a white text theme to go with the red/blue/green currently available. Is this possible?
    Yes it is possible. I will look into it.

Thanks
    Jason
    Any way to get an alarm to go off every 2,3,4,etc... hours? Say for an example I need to wake up in the middle of the night every 3 hours to check on something. Or I need to take my pills every 6 hours. It would be nice if this app was able to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Alan, are you having the same problem as madcow?
    My problem sounds very similar. After I've dismissed an alarm, it appears to go off again a little bit later. I'm thinking it may have to do with the multiple snooze feature. Maybe the snooze alarm time from a previous day causes an alarm today? But I've seen it where the only way to get the ghost alarm to stop alarming was to exit the app. Other times it would dismiss just by tapping the dismiss bar.

I also have seen an issue where once I've dismissed an alarm, I can't get the auto-hidden buttons to reappear until I exit and restart the app.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    This evening (monday) while sitting in class my timepiece alarm went off at 8pm. I had set a reaccuring alarm this afternoon for Mondays at 8am. At first I thought I must have made an error and set my alarm for pm instead of am. But when I double checked my alarms I seen I had correctly set it for the am, and did not have any alarms set for pm. Then about 45 minutes later another timepiece alarm sounded...again, without having set any alarms for that time.

Is anyone else having an issue with the timepiece alarm going off when there are not any alarms set for that time? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I have another feature request. Would it be possible to allow us to test an alarm charm so that we can choose exactly the one we want?
    I just purchased Timepiece and came here to ask this same question. It would be nice to have a few second sample of the alarm when we select it to make it easier to decide which to use.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I agree!
    In regards to the brightness issues that I posted and several others have posted... I have found what seems to be a great SOLUTION.

Load the app "Brightness Unlinked" onto your phone. This gives two great options - 1) pressing the screen off button a the top-right of the screen turns off the screen when it's on the touchstone. and 2) even better - the dimmer has a zero brightness setting (which is misleading because zero should be off- but it's not) which is really dim. Perfect for me for when my pre is on the touchstone at night - I can still read the numbers, but they are very dim so it doesn't annoy me like the brightness did before usign this app with timepeice. It would be cool to integrate the two apps- Brightness Unlinked is a free app - so maybe they would work with you to implement their controls into TimePiece - but then Palm may not carry it in the App catalog...

Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Two suggestions on the paid app version.

1) If my bluetooth is turned on and I have the alarm set to play pandora, pandora plays through my wireless bluetooth speaker - which is in a different part of the house... It would be nice if there were an option to have TimePiece turn off bluetooth before launching Pandora.

2) Even at it's dimmest setting, the clock is too bright for me at night time. I would prefer to just turn the screen off - but that is a problem when it's charging on the Touchstone since it wants to always be on. So an option to turn off the screen would be nice too - or a lower setting on the brightness that was simply off - or something like that.
    I woke up kind of mad. My phone turns off everyday at 4 am and reloads Timepiece. Today after my phone was back on it woke me up with that stupid expire sound. I couldn't go back to sleep. Why is there sound to let people know it expired if we see the words when we open the app? I'm scared if I buy it, than it might expire again. It still March I at least thought it would last today.
    Interesting issue... I have an alarm set for Monday through Thursday and after the update this morning to the newest App Catalog version it is showing the wrong date for the "next alarm".

It should be for tomorrow, 4/1, but instead it shows 5/1:

I have tried deleting and resetting the alarm as well as toggling on and off the "show next alarm setting". I also set a single alarm for just tomorrow and even though I set the date specifically as Apr 01, it still shows 5/1 on the screen.

I'm hoping it's just a display bug, but I'll be setting a back up alarm through the regular Clock App just in case for tomorrow.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    And please, pray tell, what is new in 0.2.6 versus 0.2.5?

Thanks,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G