Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Still loving this app. I have a suggestion I don't think anyone has made yet: Sleep Mode. I've always needed to fall asleep to music, so since you can turn on a music app like Pandora, maybe you could also turn it off after a set amount of time. I'm sure this is SDK constrained, but if you could do it, it would be a sweet feature.
    will there be an other free version available? Mine expired last night I live in Canada so there is no way for me to buy the paid app from palm catalog ).

Thanks.
  3.    #523  
    will there be an other free version available?
    Yes. I just uploaded an updated v0.2.3 with an expiration of March 31. It completely slipped my mind to update the Homebrew version.

I am close to releasing another update. I am thinking it will be done by the end of next weekend.
    I haven't read through this whole thread, but with regard to Timepiece forgetting alarms and settings when it's closed:

for me, at least, this seems to happen only when I close the app with the brightness minimized all the way. If I remember to increase the brightness before I close it in the morning, I can open it again in the evening with all alarms and settings as I left them.
    Official app catalog version: Seems that since 1.4, I hear the system sound, then a 4 second pause, then the alarm. I used to get the 4 second pause and that was by design i know, but why a system sound now? I tried deleting all alarms and rebuilding, same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    Official app catalog version: Seems that since 1.4, I hear the system sound, then a 4 second pause, then the alarm. I used to get the 4 second pause and that was by design i know, but why a system sound now? I tried deleting all alarms and rebuilding, same thing.
    I just checked an mine is doing that too. It's not a big deal, but I don't remember that happening before.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Feature Request:
    Add the ability to select time zones. I leave the Pre set on central time so the call log will always be correct. It would be nice to have the option to choose a different time zone within timepiece as the hotel alarm clocks are never correct.

And I too would like it to be the default clock when on a the touchstone.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.
    Version 0.2.4 owner
  8.    #528  
    I just released an update, v0.2.5. Check the changelog for more information. It fixes some WebOS 1.4 problems as well as adding a few new features. It is very beta so please let me know if there are any problems.

Add the ability to select time zones.
    I will add this to the list.
  9.    #529  
    Forgot to add. I am still getting to the bottom of the settings disappearing. It sounds like othere dev's are having problems too. No official word from Palm yet as to why it is doing this.

Also, the multilingual support does not include the "MON", "TUE", etc graphics. I will work on this for the next release. I used a online translator for German and Spanish languages so if there is anyone out there who can look over the translations I would be much appreciative.

I was hoping to get another streaming music app in this release but I still haven't found a compatable app yet. I know a few pages back someone suggested an app that would work but the dev has no plans (at least not at the time I talked to him) to release it in the App Catalog.

Thanks
    Google Translate is certainly a nice gimmick to understand the meaning of a webpage in a foreign language, but it is not the right tool to translate apps! In fact, I think there is no right tool for that task. You have to have a native speaker do the job or you have to be able to speak that language fluently yourself.

I volunteer for a new German translation. The current translation is "very funny" - to put it nicely.

Greetings, Jost
  11.    #531  
    I was afraid of that. I do not know any German, but the translations just didn't seem right. Jost, would you be willing to fix the German translations? Is there anyone here that knows Spanish?
    I have the app catalog version as well so have to wait for that update. So now rocking both versions and I have to say that the transition between orientation is hugely improved. It's like you tapped something in the GPU. So much smoother. Love it. How about choosing the color from a sprectrum selector. Purple and white and any color you want!!
    I've got the world in my Palm !!
    Just want to add how great it is now that the app can start in landscape. I have my pre set to reset every night and then load up timepiece. It's even better now that it automatically recognizes the correct orientation.
  14. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I updated to the new version yesterday, it worked fine overnight, this morning I got up before the alarm so I closed the app. When the alarm time came, it started up automatically and sounded the alarm, but when I unlocked the phone, the settings were gone again. The alarms came back as usual, and I reset the colour again, we'll see if it sticks.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I was afraid of that. I do not know any German, but the translations just didn't seem right. Jost, would you be willing to fix the German translations? Is there anyone here that knows Spanish?
    Sure I will! How do I have to do it? Is there a list of words that have to be translated? It would be very helpful to have the original English option-page. Maybe as a screenshot. I don't know some of the new options and I honestly can't guess what they do cause the German is so absurd.

My favorite ones (but there you can guess what was meant, at least):

Taktgeber-Wahlen :-) That means something like "metronom elections" in German

Schirm-Abschaltung :-) umbrella shut-down

Greetings, Jost
  16.    #536  
    I updated to the new version yesterday, it worked fine overnight, this morning I got up before the alarm so I closed the app. When the alarm time came, it started up automatically and sounded the alarm, but when I unlocked the phone, the settings were gone again. The alarms came back as usual, and I reset the colour again, we'll see if it sticks.
    This is extremely frustrating because this topic (disappearing settings) has been up on the palm dev forums for a while now and no one from Palm has commented on this. I will keep asking and hopefully have some sort of answer to this problem soon.

Sure I will! How do I have to do it? Is there a list of words that have to be translated?
    Jost, it is a text file with the english phrase on the left and the translated phrase on the right. It is similar to a many row, two column spreadsheet. It might be easier to email it to you. Can you PM me your email address?

Thanks
    Jason
  17. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I appreciate your work, hopefully they fix whatever the problem might be. Maybe they will also eventually give me a paid app catalog so I can finally pay for these apps!
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  18.    #538  
    Does anyone here know Spanish to check the Spanish translations?
    Hey thanks for incorporating the multi- snooze option. FYI, the latest homebrew version appears to display the date for next alarm in dd/mm/yyyy format. Is that intentional?
    Hey hey! Great app and was womdering if you could have an hourly chime option? I am sooo missing this for the Pre. I get very active and would like a to know an hour has passed.