Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Chime feature? Do you mean at the top and bottom of the hour?
    Yes, that's what I mean. After reviewing some of the other posts, I noticed that question has already been asked again.

I like the 5 second test alarm sound, triggered by the icon, to adjust the volume. I was wondering, (and you've probably already thot of this) would it be possible to trigger the test alarm sound via the volume buttons? ...then a second press would adjust the volume? Just a thot.
    Thanks for all you've done with this app and addressing our concerns. Keep up the great work!

One other thing that I've noticed, and it only happened to me twice so far. Once with version 0.2.1 and then again today with version 0.2.2. When I was checking out the test alarm sound I noticed the "ALM" icon was dimmed out. So I went to the alarm settings page and it was blank (no alarms were set). However, I had set up alarms earlier as I indicated on my previous post.

I don't recall what I did the first time this happened but this time I rebooted my pre and the alarm settings were back. Just thot I'd mention it.
    I'm noticing the "ALM" abbreviation and the new text area you implemented that displays the next alarm info is a bit redundant. Since the ALM abbreviation only turns "ON" when there is a active alarm set to ON. I'm thinking you could only display the next alarm information. It would seem a bit more efficient and save some space for a future enhancement.

Any chance you'd consider removing the "ALM" abbreviation and replacing it with the next active alarm information only?
  4.    #464  
    I like the 5 second test alarm sound, triggered by the icon, to adjust the volume. I was wondering, (and you've probably already thot of this) would it be possible to trigger the test alarm sound via the volume buttons? ...then a second press would adjust the volume? Just a thot.
    No, there is no official API for this in the current SDK. There is an unofficial way, but Palm will not accept an app that uses it.

One other thing that I've noticed, and it only happened to me twice so far. Once with version 0.2.1 and then again today with version 0.2.2. When I was checking out the test alarm sound I noticed the "ALM" icon was dimmed out. So I went to the alarm settings page and it was blank (no alarms were set). However, I had set up alarms earlier as I indicated on my previous post.
    There have been a few small problems since the WebOS 1.3.5 update. I think the app migration from the old file path to the new file path (media partition) created some problems. Usually deleteing Timepiece, reset the phone, and then re-install Timepiece fixes it. There have been a few cases where this did not work and the users used WebOSDoctor to reset the phone.

Any chance you'd consider removing the "ALM" abbreviation and replacing it with the next active alarm information only?
    I agree it is a bit redundant. I was thinking for now to have a setting to remove it from the screen. If I need more screen space later then I would consider removing it. The problem I have is that I hate to remove any features. There will probably be some people who really liked a certain feature and if its removed I will be getting alot of emails about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I agree it is a bit redundant. I was thinking for now to have a setting to remove it from the screen. If I need more screen space later then I would consider removing it. The problem I have is that I hate to remove any features. There will probably be some people who really liked a certain feature and if its removed I will be getting alot of emails about it.
    Thanks JAY. Great thought about removing a feature for current users. However, the option to remove it sounds like a great alternative.

Thanks again for a great app!
    Just wanted to say that ‘January 21’ is not an accepted date format where I live. I can live with English abbreviations for the days (though I would prefer German ones indeed), but the reversed date is a bit painful on my eyes.

Doesn’t the WebOS API provide a strftime that is properly localized? Other programs seem to cope well.
  7.    #467  
    Just wanted to say that ‘January 21’ is not an accepted date format where I live. I can live with English abbreviations for the days (though I would prefer German ones indeed), but the reversed date is a bit painful on my eyes.
    I am going to do this as part of the localization release. I am done with all of the menus but I still have the clock face left. Localization will not be done in the next release but I will get it done in the release after that.

I will be posting another release to fix some reliability issues and minor fixes in the next day or two. Does anyone have any consistant problems with Timepiece not updating the time in the middle of the night (ie locking up)?? I would really like to find someone who can give me an update on whether or not the next release fixes this problem.
  8.    #468  
    My computer crashed over the weekend and I am just now getting back to where I was. The next release will be pushed back a day or two.
    Great to use with a Touchstone. Thanks.
    Is there a way to have the alarm change the radio status? For example, I'd like to put the phone in airplane mode and then have the alarm activate the radio. I want to sleep phone call free. :-)

Thx!
    Palm IIIx > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    I love this app but I have 2 requests:
    I would like the option to set the display for landscape only.
    I would like the alarm to override the mute button.
  12.    #472  
    Is there a way to have the alarm change the radio status? For example, I'd like to put the phone in airplane mode and then have the alarm activate the radio. I want to sleep phone call free. :-)
    No, not with the current SDK.

1. I would like the option to set the display for landscape only.
    2. I would like the alarm to override the mute button.
    1. This can be done. I will add it to the list. If it's an easy thing to do I will try to get it in the next release.
    2. The alarm does override the top slide mute button. If this isn't what your referring to please clarify.

I just uploaded v0.2.3. Check the first page for the changelog.
    I just bought Timepiece but find it is v0.2.1
    Is there any way for me to update that to v0.2.3?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Forgive me if this has already been asked/addressed, but I don't have time to read through 24 forum pages...

I would love to have a way to cancel the next alarm.

If I get to bed too late, don't have work the next day, feel sick, or just don't want to be bothered in the morning, I want to tell my alarm clock "don't wake me up tomorrow". I don't want to disable a daily alarm, because I might forget to re-enable it when I do finally get up. Perhaps a better way to implement this would be "disable all alarms for the next N hours", where N could be 8, 12, 24, 48 or 72 hours. This would handle everything from "sleep late" to "long weekend".

I tried Timepiece back in the webOS 1.2 days, but I couldn't rely on it because the dreaded "too many cards" error often prevented it from starting. With 1.3.5 I almost never get that error, so I'm going to try it again. I was quite impressed with it then, and it looks like you've made a lot of improvements.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been asked/addressed, but I don't have time to read through 24 forum pages...

I would love to have a way to cancel the next alarm.

If I get to bed too late, don't have work the next day, feel sick, or just don't want to be bothered in the morning, I want to tell my alarm clock "don't wake me up tomorrow". I don't want to disable a daily alarm, because I might forget to re-enable it when I do finally get up. Perhaps a better way to implement this would be "disable all alarms for the next N hours", where N could be 8, 12, 24, 48 or 72 hours. This would handle everything from "sleep late" to "long weekend".

I tried Timepiece back in the webOS 1.2 days, but I couldn't rely on it because the dreaded "too many cards" error often prevented it from starting. With 1.3.5 I almost never get that error, so I'm going to try it again. I was quite impressed with it then, and it looks like you've made a lot of improvements.
    +1
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I can't wait for the update to come to the paid version, I have had to go back to the stock Clock App for the time being because I just can't get myself to remember to check the Media Volume every night. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  17.    #477  
    I just bought Timepiece but find it is v0.2.1
    Is there any way for me to update that to v0.2.3?
    Quite a few people have asked this before so I am going to highlight this.
    Typically what happens is I test here first. I usually release an update here one update ahead of the App Catalog version. The homebrew community finds a few bugs in the update and I release another. This is why I am two updates ahead of the App Catalog version. I test here because Palm takes a long time to approve an update (usually a week at the very best but mostly weeks). If there is a bug then I cannot easily update the App Catalog version. Testing here is my only way of ensuring a stable release to the App Catalog. When I dont hear of any problems in the Homebrew version for a week or so in this forum then I release to the App Catalog.

The only way to use the newest BETA version is to download the Homebrew version.

There has been a request for this before. I will bump it up on my list since there have been more requests now. I usually implement features based on the amount of requests they get.
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 01/26/2010 at 06:22 PM.
    I've experienced a bug on version 0.2.1 where while I'm talking on the phone, an alarm goes off (just the vibrate), then I quickly dismiss the alarm, and then the sound begins playing and continues for awhile until it turns off by itself. There is no way to turn off that sound but wait it out.

Oh and I also would like to add my name for the request to "Turn off specific/all alarm(s) for X hours or for this coming day" and a way for homebrew and App Catalog versions to read the same alarm database.
    Many thanks for the excellent programm!

What else can one want at all there? A timer function, so that I can indicate not only firm time but also a period of time as alarm (approximately thirty minutes). Or is this approximately possible?

Excuses please if you already asked this. But this thread is already very long ...
    I've got a suggestion/idea...I don't know much about how you can write for the Palm but maybe this can be done? A lot of alarm clocks have an auto-brightness feature, meaning they sense the light in the room and dim accordingly, that way at night it's not overly bright. I am pretty sure I know the Palm has such a sensor as I've seen it brighten/dim depending on light in room/area...is there a way you can program that to work with Timepiece and do such a thing?