Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Does Accuradio autoplay
    I am about to do a Full Erase and Doctor my phone. Since I'm experienced with SSH, is there a file I can copy from the phone that has the list of my alarms? That way after i reinstall, all I have to do is replace the file and I don't have to reinput my alarms.

Is this possible?
  3.    #443  
    I am about to do a Full Erase and Doctor my phone. Since I'm experienced with SSH, is there a file I can copy from the phone that has the list of my alarms? That way after i reinstall, all I have to do is replace the file and I don't have to reinput my alarms.

Is this possible?
    I do not know where the cookies are installed. All I can tell you is the name of the cookies and maybe you can find their location.

The cookie name and descriptions:
    almcookie06X where x can be any number, this is the individual alarm settings cookie, if you have three alarms, there will be three of these cookies
    alarmscookie020 this cookie keeps track of all the alarms, this is like a catalog of all the alarms for displaying in the alarms list
    Prefs-Vars020 this cookie contains all of the user defined options (ie theme, color, etc)
    What are the extensions of those cookies? I've searched all through the /media partition and it didn't find almcookie06.

UPDATE: I couldn't find the files. I'm hoping a backup feature can be implemented by the time 1.4 is near.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 01/17/2010 at 08:57 PM.
  5.    #445  
    Does Accuradio autoplay
    No it doesn't. I am going to ask a few individual developers if they would incorporate this into a their apps. After some thought, writing a native streaming service into Timepiece would take quite a bit of time. It would essentially be a whole nother app. I was originally thinking of hardcoding several stations to pick from but as the App Catalog is going global, that isn't the best option.

UPDATE: I couldn't find the files. I'm hoping a backup feature can be implemented by the time 1.4 is near.
    I will do some research. I will put this to top of the list for the next big release which will probably be in a month or so. I am currently working on localization (i.e. multilingual support) to wrap up this update before I send it to Palm.
    Anyway to have both Homebrew and App Catalog versions look at the same alarm files?
  7.    #447  
    Anyway to have both Homebrew and App Catalog versions look at the same alarm files?
    If both versions have the same appID. When you install a newer version of an app it does not delete cookies. I originally left the appID the same for both versions but quite a few people didn't like this. The people that have the the App Catalog version kept seeing an update through preware because during testing the homebrew version was newer.

I will look further into how cookies are handled. I do not believe I can give a path to existing cookies for the app to use. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Will the latest version, 0.2.2 be made available through the official app catalog soon? Thanks.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Had a weird one last night, Timepiece actually complete froze on me, but the rest of the phone was fine. I woke up and the phone said it was 4:33, but my wife was up and in the shower, which I thought was odd until I looked at her clock and it was 6:53. I swiped the app off, and restarted it and it was fine.

I realize there is nothing you can do about it, but thought you might want to know.

Tom
    This happened to me this morning...Timepiece was stuck at 4:04am...rest of the phone was OK. I've never had this happen in the past...good thing today was a day off for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    If both versions have the same appID. When you install a newer version of an app it does not delete cookies. I originally left the appID the same for both versions but quite a few people didn't like this. The people that have the the App Catalog version kept seeing an update through preware because during testing the homebrew version was newer.

I will look further into how cookies are handled. I do not believe I can give a path to existing cookies for the app to use. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    What's wrong with that? People would have the most recent version and still have their alarms.

If I knew where those cookies were, I could replace them, right?
    X7JAY7X,

I've been waiting for you to add the actual "next" alarm to the UI. This is really my favorite app in the whole catalog, homebrew or not. The only question I have is, don't you think the "ALM" icon and the actual "next" alarm info is a bit reduntant? It would seem a little more efficient if you just displayed the "next" alarm info. Having that would indicate that an alarm is "On". If nothing is there, then no alarm.

Thanks and very good work!

Just my two cents...
    X7JAY7X,

This is a great app! Thanks for making it, and for continuing to make a free version available in Homebrew for those of us outside the USA.

I noticed that the current Homebrew version is set to expire on "2-31-10". I presume you mean February 31, 2010 - will this cause issues since this date doesn't actually exist?

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It's possible that the cookies are stored here -

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

Text messages and other "incidentals" are stored in this SQL database. A forum search may be of some help.

Modifying this file is not for the casual user.

HTH,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  14.    #454  
    I noticed that the current Homebrew version is set to expire on "2-31-10". I presume you mean February 31, 2010 - will this cause issues since this date doesn't actually exist?
    A little oversight in my part. I will fix this in the next homebrew update.

What's wrong with that? People would have the most recent version and still have their alarms.
    People didn't like seeing the homebrew update to the app catalog version. I had numerous emails about this.

Will the latest version, 0.2.2 be made available through the official app catalog soon?
    Once testing is done. Has anyone had any problems so far? Has anyone updated their homebrew version with the new 0.2.2 homebrew version? The reason I ask is that I added some data to the cookies but I want to make sure it is handled correctly to current existing cookies.

It's possible that the cookies are stored here -

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    That is possible and it makes sense. I will do some digging but there may not be any easy way to save this data.
  15.    #455  
    This happened to me this morning...Timepiece was stuck at 4:04am...rest of the phone was OK. I've never had this happen in the past...good thing today was a day off for me.
    For v0.2.3, I will work on the clock update code. I already see a few places that I can work on that will make it more efficient. I believe this is caused by a palm system service to get time. I am going to rework this code to remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    For v0.2.3, I will work on the clock update code. I already see a few places that I can work on that will make it more efficient. I believe this is caused by a palm system service to get time. I am going to rework this code to remove it.
    i had no problems this morning with the time freezing...not sure what happened yesterday, but since it never happened before that I'm guessing there was some system conflict that was a fluke.

BTW...if you haven't heard it enough, this is a great app...a must have!
    Great app!!! It's certainly shaping up nicely. Reminds me of the app I used on my old Treo called mobileclock. Have you given anymore thots to adding a chime feature?
    FYI. I set up a non-recurring alarm to audition the new built-in sounds and I noticed that after the alarm had triggered, the "next alarm" display still showed the NON-recurring alarm as the next alarm. (All other alarm settings are set as recurring).

So I changed the NON-recurring alarm to recurring/daily and after the alarm triggered the display advanced to the next actual alarm, as it should.
  19.    #459  
    FYI. I set up a non-recurring alarm to audition the new built-in sounds and I noticed that after the alarm had triggered, the "next alarm" display still showed the NON-recurring alarm as the next alarm. (All other alarm settings are set as recurring).

So I changed the NON-recurring alarm to recurring/daily and after the alarm triggered the display advanced to the next actual alarm, as it should.
    I was seeing this and I fixed it. Lets see if anyone is having an issue with the next alarm notification after the next homebrew release.

Great app!!! It's certainly shaping up nicely. Reminds me of the app I used on my old Treo called mobileclock. Have you given anymore thots to adding a chime feature?
    Chime feature? Do you mean at the top and bottom of the hour?
    Out of all the apps that are on my phone, I consider this one of the best. I want to personally thank you for all your hard work. I no longer use my alarm clock because I can set my time I get up through the week and I can set my time for church on Sunday and if there is anything else, I can set the time for that also. It is great.