Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Sounds are working fine for me, on Sprint 1.3.5...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    i removed all my patches before the update, and left Preware on my phone.

It works after a delete and reinstall!!! Sorry btruax. Try playing a YouTube video or a song and increase the media volume, since the alarms in Timepiece are connected to the media volume.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    i removed all my patches before the update, and left Preware on my phone.

It works after a delete and reinstall!!! Sorry btruax. Try playing a YouTube video or a song and increase the media volume, since the alarms in Timepiece are connected to the media volume.
    OMG, I feel so stupid! Got it working again... Are there multiple media volume controls? My Youtube volume was all the way down but my Pandora Radio volume was all the way up... weird.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Btraux, there you are. I saw your post in the reviews but that email you gave me was no good. As far as I know you two are of the few that have this problem. If deleting and reinstalling it and a phone reset did not fix it then I am not sure what I can do. I just unistalled and reinstalled and did a few phone resets and my alarms work perfectly everytime. Short of using the WebOS phone doctor on your phone I do not know else to do. If you guys do not want to attempt that then I can refund your money. Let me know.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Did either of you have preware installed with any patches??? When I went to 1.3.5, I had one patch installed and it screwed my phone up. I used the doctor and now everything works perfectly.
    Got it working. It was my fault, I didn't realize the alarm was tied to the media volume. I updated my review in the app store. Great app!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Did they add a way for you to add the battery status to the clock screen yet?
  6.    #426  
    Glad to hear you guys have it working. The sound volume completely slipped my mind. I have been dealing with WebOS 1.3.5 update problems and have been stuck in that mode.

Did they add a way for you to add the battery status to the clock screen yet?
    No not yet. There were virtually no new API's in 1.3.5.

I am fairly busy right now but I plan to have something to test by the end of January so please be patient. I am planning on several major features for the next version. Not every suggestion people have given me since v0.2.1 will be included in the next update. If its a fairly easy request I will try to get that in. I am still working on the most requested features but keep the suggestions/requests coming as I am compiling a list.

Thanks everyone.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been requested, but an awesome feature would be a recurring alarm throughout the day every day or selected days. Kinda like the top of the hour(and bottom of the hour) chime of a grandfather clock. I tend to get caught up in my work or playing with tweaks on the phone and lose track of time. A great initial start would be a top of the hour and bottom of the hour chime(ringtone up to the user) every hour throughout the day, but user-configurable, so we wouldn't have to hear it while sleeping. Would this be feasible?

Also, in light of the volume control issues, it may be worth while to have a slider for volume control of the specific alarm. Maybe some can be louder than others. This would be useful as a reminder to wrap up work to catch a train or call the girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    I don't know if this has been requested, but an awesome feature would be a recurring alarm throughout the day every day or selected days. Kinda like the top of the hour(and bottom of the hour) chime of a grandfather clock. I tend to get caught up in my work or playing with tweaks on the phone and lose track of time. A great initial start would be a top of the hour and bottom of the hour chime(ringtone up to the user) every hour throughout the day, but user-configurable, so we wouldn't have to hear it while sleeping. Would this be feasible?
    I would love this!!
  9.    #429  
    A random alarm has been requested before. This request has a specific time though. This will not make it in the next update but hopefully the one after that.

Also, in light of the volume control issues, it may be worth while to have a slider for volume control of the specific alarm. Maybe some can be louder than others. This would be useful as a reminder to wrap up work to catch a train or call the girlfriend.
    There is no functionality in the current SDK for volume control.

Just to let everyone know. I have switched gears and I am working on the next update to Timepiece. I originally planned on working on another app in my limited freetime but I decided not to wait on an update to Timepiece. There will be a new homebrew version to test soon. I may update the HB version in pieces as I get the list of features done I have on my list for this update.

For those of you that have purchased Timepiece, please be patient. The upcoming updates to the homebrew version will show up in the App Catalog when its stable. I caught a bit of heat for this last time and it is understandable but since it takes about 2 weeks to push an update through Palm I don't want any problems to arise and not be able to correct them in a timely manner.
    Will we be able to install the homebrew to test as well as keep the app version? Last time homebrew and app were the same and they conflicted. I would like to see the new changes when they are available and not have to wait until an update if possible.
  11. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Had a weird one last night, Timepiece actually complete froze on me, but the rest of the phone was fine. I woke up and the phone said it was 4:33, but my wife was up and in the shower, which I thought was odd until I looked at her clock and it was 6:53. I swiped the app off, and restarted it and it was fine.

I realize there is nothing you can do about it, but thought you might want to know.

Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    A random alarm has been requested before. This request has a specific time though. This will not make it in the next update but hopefully the one after that.
    Thank you!
    For everyone's sanity that have more than 3 alarms they use periodically, can you make a way to copy alarms from the paid Timepiece to the HB test-version?
    Best clock app !!
    I don't know if you already have this in the works, but I think a lot of us would like having the alarm tied to the system volume instead of the media volume as there is no easy way to change the media volume without having another app active (like videos or youtube).

While requesting a patch for Media Volume control Jason pointed out that the control for the regular alarm clock to use systems sounds is in the current SDK. I don't know if you already have this, in fact you probably do, but just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If anyone knows the author of Timepiece, tell him to look at /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs $specifically$ $the$ $AppAssistant$.$prototype$.$createRingStage$ $function$. $It$ $should$ $work$ $with$ $3rd$ $party$ $apps$
    I have no idea if this is helpful in any way, but the only thing holding me back from never using the stock clock app again is this. Everything else about your App is far superior.
  16.    #436  
    Spader, I looked at that and it does work but it also creates other problems. The vibrate cannot be controlled, it plays along with another sound (ie. if your listening to music it will play the music and the alarm), and it plays along with an incoming call sound. The way it is now, if another sound is playing it will pause that sound and play the alarm, it will pause playing on and incoming call, and it will automatically start back up on a call end. I can do it this way but I would have to take away the vibrate control.

How about this? I place a small volume icon on the screen. When it is pressed it will play a 5 second test alarm sound so that the Media volume can be adjusted. While this sound is playing, the Media volume can be adjusted.
  17.    #437  
    For everyone's sanity that have more than 3 alarms they use periodically, can you make a way to copy alarms from the paid Timepiece to the HB test-version?
    I will see what I can do. This surprisingly sounds simple but it would require quite a bit of coding and testing.
    Damn, it sucks that it breaks everything else. haha

Thanks for the quick reply, and your solution - while not exactly elegant - would be better than having to open an unrelated app to check the volume. I know for a lot of people it may not matter, but I use various media apps all day at various volume levels so I never remember exactly where it is at the end of the day.
  19.    #439  
    I will be posting version 0.2.2 later tonight or tomorrow. The only thing I planned to get in this release that I didn't was another streaming music sound. I tried several programs to see if they behaved like Pandora (auto start and play) and they didn't. If anybody knows of a streaming music app that auto-plays I am open to suggestions.
  20.    #440  
    Version 0.2.2 is uploaded. Check the first page for the changelog.