Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    First of all I'd like to say that Timepiece is a fantastic product... I've been a user since it was first introduced in the home brew... First app I purchased from the app catolog. I was showing one of my I-Phone friends timepiece he too was impressed - he had a clock on his phone with similar features... Some of which I though were really nice if we could incorporate into ours... excuse if this request has already been made... His too had a flashlight built in but it was activated by shaking the phone and de-activated by shaking the phone again... One other feature that we have in common with his app is an ability to change the brightness of the screen ours menu driven - his by sliding finger over the face of the display changes brightness....
    Dragbug - I won't argue the pro's or con's of whether what I want is an Alarm or a calendar reminder. I've used both. Sometimes with calendar events or appts, setting them up or temporarily turning them off can be tedious or painfull. I originally did everything using the calendar on my Palm 600, 650, 700P and Centro.

After changes to our schedule caused some event/appt notifications to fire off when not needed and others not firing off I knew I needed something else to help. Some where in the middle of all the Palm apps I found two apps that do exactly what I am asking for.

Alarms 1.1 at Palmarysoft.com allows you to set infinite alarms for once a year, once a month, once a week or once a day. It also allows you to do this every other week or every third week or whatever. BellTime 1.4 at steilberg.eu allows daily, weekly and bi-weekly alarms. I actually used both alarm apps in conjunction with each other which worked quite well. Turning off all alarms with one click of a button or having all alarms on one screen to easily turn off was great. I'm just looking for something similar.
  3.    #403  
    His too had a flashlight built in but it was activated by shaking the phone and de-activated by shaking the phone again... One other feature that we have in common with his app is an ability to change the brightness of the screen ours menu driven - his by sliding finger over the face of the display changes brightness....
    I originally looked into activating the flashlight on a shake but it didnt seem too reliable. Sometimes the phone would recognize a slight shake, sometime you had to shake the crap out of it for it to recognize it. I didnt want people to get frustrating trying to use the flashlight. I can revisit the shake feature, maybe something will change in newer SDK's. Adjusting the brightness by sliding the finger is a nice feature. That can be done; it will go on the list.

Alarms 1.1 at Palmarysoft.com allows you to set infinite alarms for once a year, once a month, once a week or once a day. It also allows you to do this every other week or every third week or whatever. BellTime 1.4 at steilberg.eu allows daily, weekly and bi-weekly alarms. I actually used both alarm apps in conjunction with each other which worked quite well. Turning off all alarms with one click of a button or having all alarms on one screen to easily turn off was great. I'm just looking for something similar.
    I will look into this and put it on the list. Your the first person to request a feature like this and to be honest I don't know how many people would use it. I am making priorities on the amount of requests for a particular feature.

Thanks everyone.
  4. BoP
    Funnily enough I read "timeplace" instead of "timepiece" when I saw it the first time, and was dissapointed that there was no GPS information displayed.
    So maybe it would be worth to consider an integration of the localisation data, which would be quite handy especially for travellers (getting iup at 5 in the morning in some kind of hotel sometimes leaves you a bit lost), but also for the standard user to check whether the palm/pixi know where they are... P-)
    Of course a background with the local map would be quite nice as well, but the simple address pulled from google maps or the lon/lat/elev. could also do it...
    Thank you very much, X7JAY7X! It's a great app und reminds me of the good old LED radio alarm clock of my youth. Will make a donation shortly.

I am kinda short of time, so I didn't read the whole thread. May be it was mentioned before. In Europe (at least in Germany) Pandora web radio service is not available yet, but AccuRadio works like a charm. Could you add this as an option, please?
    Last edited by ZehHa; 12/29/2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Just mentioning that after the 1.3.5 update, I had to re-enter my settings. No biggie, just thought y'all should know.
    After the 1.3.5 update, all my alarms vanished from the list but the alarms still go off. Probably have to delete then reinstall to clear the alarms
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    Just mentioning that after the 1.3.5 update, I had to re-enter my settings. No biggie, just thought y'all should know.
    That is because of the way Palm moved the apps to the USB location versus the old install location. It messed with some application settings. As you may have noticed, simply remove and reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    That is because of the way Palm moved the apps to the USB location versus the old install location. It messed with some application settings. As you may have noticed, simply remove and reinstall.
    I didn't have to remove and reinstall anything with the paid app.
    Today is 12-31-2009, which means, Timepiece homebrew version does not work any longer. I would like to pay for the full version, but in the German app catalog, there is no paid version available.

How can I get a working Timepiece version?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    I didn't have to remove and reinstall anything with the paid app.
    After the 1.3.5 update, an alarm I had set didn't start as expected until I woke up the screen. Then Timepiece was kinda of messed up looking and no sound for the alarm. I know that most of the setting issues revolve around homebrew but Timepiece acted wierd. So I just removed and reinstalled.

I could have probably just reset my settings but a reinstal worked and my alarms were still there. No problems since.
  12.    #412  
    Today is 12-31-2009, which means, Timepiece homebrew version does not work any longer. I would like to pay for the full version, but in the German app catalog, there is no paid version available.

How can I get a working Timepiece version?
    I just uploaded a new version with the expiration pushed back. I had to change the AppID because Palm apparantly put a limit on the length of the package name. Once I changed the name, it would allow me to install it.

Delete your current version and re-download the new one from homebrew.

After the 1.3.5 update, an alarm I had set didn't start as expected until I woke up the screen. Then Timepiece was kinda of messed up looking and no sound for the alarm. I know that most of the setting issues revolve around homebrew but Timepiece acted wierd. So I just removed and reinstalled.
    There have been quite a few reports of Timepiece not working correctly or downloading correctly since WebOS 1.3.5. I told everyone to remove Timepiece, re-install Timepiece, and reset the phone. That seemed to fix everyones problems.
    @X7JAY7X

I've been using the homebrew version since it came out and it was awesome. Now that I've paid for it I'd like to add some suggestions for new features.

1. Can you add a button on each alarm that will open a pop-up menu with an option to make a duplicate of the alarm? (I have three alarms that ring 3 minutes apart. This would just add more convenience for adding multiple alarms that ring a few minutes apart. I'm sure other people would find their own uses for this feature.)

2. 30 second snooze please? (I tend to turn off my alarm half asleep by tapping furiously at the top of the screen. That's why i have three alarms to wake up for school. On some occasions I may snooze each alarm and fall back asleep. 30 second snooze would be useful to me because every minute counts before school.)

Thank you for your time and I'm eager to see your response to my ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I just uploaded a new version with the expiration pushed back.
    Thank you! Working fine now. Please consider including AccuRadio (see my posting above).

Edit: Well, should be even easier - why not using the WebOS streaming capability and just let the user enter any audio streaming URL? E. g. I could be waked up by my local radio station via http://metafiles.gl-systemhaus.de/hr/hr3_2.m3u.

Last edited by ZehHa; 01/02/2010 at 12:14 PM.
  15.    #415  
    1. Can you add a button on each alarm that will open a pop-up menu with an option to make a duplicate of the alarm? (I have three alarms that ring 3 minutes apart. This would just add more convenience for adding multiple alarms that ring a few minutes apart. I'm sure other people would find their own uses for this feature.)

2. 30 second snooze please? (I tend to turn off my alarm half asleep by tapping furiously at the top of the screen. That's why i have three alarms to wake up for school. On some occasions I may snooze each alarm and fall back asleep. 30 second snooze would be useful to me because every minute counts before school.)
    1. I will add this to the feature requests.
    2. Should be fairly easy to do. I will get this in the next release.

Please consider including AccuRadio (see my posting above). Well, should be even easier - why not using the WebOS streaming capability and just let the user enter any audio streaming URL?
    I will try to get accuradio in the next release. I will check into the WebOS streaming as well.

Thanks
    x7jay7x loving the clock. I see now you are ready to possibly start allowing user to choose a music app. I vote for broadcast. Maybe you can have a way for the user to choose the music app like we do the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I will try to get accuradio in the next release. I will check into the WebOS streaming as well.
    That's great! Thank you very much for all your efforts!
    Thank you!! But I've noticed Timepiece doesn't play the Classic sound or my mp3. Is this due to 1.3.5?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Thank you!! But I've noticed Timepiece doesn't play the Classic sound or my mp3. Is this due to 1.3.5?
    I have the same issue! Timepiece won't play the Classic sound or my mp3... which leaves me with Pandora as my only choice. :-( I've attempted restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, to no avail.

Help? This is easily the best paid app purchase I've made.
  20.    #420  
    I have the same issue! Timepiece won't play the Classic sound or my mp3... which leaves me with Pandora as my only choice. :-( I've attempted restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, to no avail.
    Btraux, there you are. I saw your post in the reviews but that email you gave me was no good. As far as I know you two are of the few that have this problem. If deleting and reinstalling it and a phone reset did not fix it then I am not sure what I can do. I just unistalled and reinstalled and did a few phone resets and my alarms work perfectly everytime. Short of using the WebOS phone doctor on your phone I do not know else to do. If you guys do not want to attempt that then I can refund your money. Let me know.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Did either of you have preware installed with any patches??? When I went to 1.3.5, I had one patch installed and it screwed my phone up. I used the doctor and now everything works perfectly.