Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I didn't notice this. Anyone else?

Unfortunately, I do not have a TS so this is something I am unable to test.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdstal View Post
    I have had one problem with 0.1.8 that I bought from the app store. If I have it on the TS all night charging with the app open I will wake up in the morning and the whole screen will be black and I have to pull the battery in order to do anything with the phone, but if I don't have the app open all night it will just open on it's own and wake me up as normal. Just a weird problem.
    I didn't notice this. Anyone else?
    I can test it if you like, I've not had Timepiece open at night since I've just let the screen do its normal "on Touchstone" behavior (which I wish I could do away with...).
  3. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I put my phone on a touchstone with timepiece running every night, and have never seen this issue.

Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    i also use the touchstone with timepiece running all night...have never had a problem with it.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    x7jay7x: got the 0.2.1 update via the App Catalog this morning. One annoying burn - it didn't keep my prefs/alarms from the 0.1.8 (paid) version I updated from.
  6.    #386  
    x7jay7x: got the 0.2.1 update via the App Catalog this morning. One annoying burn - it didn't keep my prefs/alarms from the 0.1.8 (paid) version I updated from.
    Sorry. v0.2.1 is a completely different way of storing alarm information and not compatible with previous versions.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Sorry. v0.2.1 is a completely different way of storing alarm information and not compatible with previous versions.
    *nods* Fair enough.
    The seconds are missing in the portrait screen - any chance that option could be added in a future update?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #389  
    The seconds are missing in the portrait screen - any chance that option could be added in a future update?
    Yes, but probably not for a while. I have a different image set for each color for each style. For the portrait style I used what was already there, the digits from the original theme. Palm is talking about allowing custom fonts and the css required so that image sets are not needed. When this happens, I envision a lightwieght app with the ability to set any font size and color of the clock face.

If I added every font color people have requested Timepiece would be huge because of all the image sets. I know people want more colors, I just hope Palm gives the functionality soon.

Thanks
    The one feature I miss is the ability to set alarms every other week. The reason: I have joint custody and I have my daughter every other week. Any chance of adding the ability all the way up to a month in custom? I know I could use the calendar for some of this but I have actually found the calendar to be somewhat unreliable.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    The one feature I miss is the ability to set alarms every other week. The reason: I have joint custody and I have my daughter every other week. Any chance of adding the ability all the way up to a month in custom? I know I could use the calendar for some of this but I have actually found the calendar to be somewhat unreliable.
    The calendar has been very reliable for me as long as you set it correctly. I use google calendar. You can't go wrong that way. What you are asking is an appointment reminder, something that no other alarm clock does as far as I know. To be honest, this IS an alarm clock, not an appointment reminder. Sorry but -1 on that idea.
    Hallo, I'm a german user, so timepiece is not in the german app catalogue. How can I buy and use the full version?
    Best regards
    Mathias Schubert
    I'm kinda new to palm just got my phone few days ago.. I apologize if this was posted in an earlier thread but I've been having issues with the alarms not going off do due the media volume somehow being shut off or something. I can get it to work after playing around with the volume but, I can't set the alarm and hope it wakes me for work. Is there something I might be pressing that's causing this? The app is great other than that... Any help would be much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e-greg80 View Post
    I'm kinda new to palm just got my phone few days ago.. I apologize if this was posted in an earlier thread but I've been having issues with the alarms not going off do due the media volume somehow being shut off or something. I can get it to work after playing around with the volume but, I can't set the alarm and hope it wakes me for work. Is there something I might be pressing that's causing this? The app is great other than that... Any help would be much appreciated.
    Most likely its something you are doing to the phone. There are several sounds triggered by certain events such as media and so on. The alarm only triggers the events but he doesn't have any way of controlling the volume. So if there is no sound because the volume is turned down, then that is something else causing it. However, I have found at least for me that if the alarm goes off at the same time as an email notification, you may not get any sound for the alarm. Not exactly sure which of these are effecting you though.
    Love the app and just thought id recommend one thing. Is there any way to turn off the keyboard light on the pixi when the clock is running? I want to leave this running on the touchstone every night but that keyboard always shining in my face is stopping me right now. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
    Well I read somewhere that if you adjust the volume in the home screen without any apps running it will sometimes cause an issue with the alarm. That seems to e the problem with me but, I'm not sure what's causing it. It worked fine for me this morning though. The only way I've been able to check the volume is by setting a quick alarm and waiting for it to go off then adjusting it. Wish I knew an easier way....
  17.    #397  
    Hallo, I'm a german user, so timepiece is not in the german app catalogue. How can I buy and use the full version?
    There is no difference between the App Catalog version and the homebrew version except expiration. I will update the expiration and rerelease the homebrew version until Palm allows dev's to sell to all regions.

I have found no easy way to set the Media volume. I am not saying there isnt a way though. As soon as Palm gives the functionality, Timepiece will have volume settings in the app.

Love the app and just thought id recommend one thing. Is there any way to turn off the keyboard light on the pixi when the clock is running? I want to leave this running on the touchstone every night but that keyboard always shining in my face is stopping me right now. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
    I will look into this. I do not believe there are any official API's (Palm does not allow it) for this in the current SDK.

Thanks
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    This is quite the app as it rivals TreoAlarm, which I previously used on my Treo 700p. I really appreciated the big area to snooze. Might it be possible to add the weather information extracted from a website as TreoAlarm did? TreoAlarm 1.17 (for Palm OS) - mytreo.net/downloads
    It would be great to have a configurable weather temperature display on the clock screen. I'd like the ability to wake up to the alarm and quickly know what the outside temp is.
  19.    #399  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fishheads
    This is quite the app as it rivals TreoAlarm, which I previously used on my Treo 700p. I really appreciated the big area to snooze. Might it be possible to add the weather information extracted from a website as TreoAlarm did? TreoAlarm 1.17 (for Palm OS) - mytreo.net/downloads

It would be great to have a configurable weather temperature display on the clock screen. I'd like the ability to wake up to the alarm and quickly know what the outside temp is.
    I have a few ideas on how to display this. Do you guys have any preference on where it should pull weather data from? I will see if I can get this in the next release.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Weather Underground seems to be a good source.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G