Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hey x7jay7x, I didn't get a chance to post my settings, my phone developed a crack and I had to get a replacement. When will we get the great features from homebrew in the app catalog version? I haven't reinstalled homebrew yet due to the problems I had with the alarm, but I really liked the extra features. Since Pandora is an option, is there a way to make any of the shoutcast apps available as an alarm, I use Broadcast and I have custom stations and would really like to use that instead of Pandora if possible.
  2.    #362  
    If nobody finds any problems with 0.2.1 and someone with a PIXI can tell me how it looks on their screen, I will be submitting it this weekend. I dont know how far Palm is behind in approving updates to the App Catalog. I would assume if its submitted this weekend, it would be up there by Christmas.

Here is the thing with internet radio. Using Pandora is kind of a temporary thing. The Pandora app allows no interaction. I can start the app but that is it. I cannot silence it, change the channel, or close it. Maybe Palm will at least give dev's the functionality to close an app. I could close the app to dismiss the alarm or to snooze the alarm.

Eventually I will probably write a basic internet radio into Timepiece, but this is farther down the road.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    So far, the new version you posted is working great. The snooze after swiping it closed it working flawlessly. I have not been able to test the notification conflict with the alarm as of yet. Maybe this weekend since I usually sleep in so I tend to get emails before my alarm goes off. I did remove the repeat notification patches so we'll see. I still think there may be a conflict between notification sounds and the alarm if they happen to go off too close together but until I can test it who knows for sure.

I guess the only other thing that would make this a step better is for it to have it's own notification in the dashboard the same way the stock alarm does. That would make it easy to know when your next alarm is going to go off and know that you have it set without going into the program. This request comes from my wife who also loves using your alarm

I do have a question though and this may conflict with someone else's suggestion so take it with a grain of salt. When the clock is open, can it be restricted to only rotate to either left or right landscape instead of rotating into a portrait mode? And then the menu screens only rotate into a portrait mode? I guess in some instances some people may like the portrait mode for the clock but the menu really doesn't have a reason to rotate into landscape since if you need the keyboard to type it will be rotated to portrait anyway. It's just a small observation/request.
  4.    #364  
    I do have a question though and this may conflict with someone else's suggestion so take it with a grain of salt. When the clock is open, can it be restricted to only rotate to either left or right landscape instead of rotating into a portrait mode? And then the menu screens only rotate into a portrait mode? I guess in some instances some people may like the portrait mode for the clock but the menu really doesn't have a reason to rotate into landscape since if you need the keyboard to type it will be rotated to portrait anyway. It's just a small observation/request.
    Maybe I dont quite understand what your saying but the only place you need to type is for the alarm name. So If I am in the clock screen in landscape mode and I want to go to the options screen (which does not use the keyboard for anything), I do not want to rotate my phone to make an options setting.

I was originally thinking of making vertical mode an option that you toggle, but the more I thought of it the more I didnt like it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Maybe I dont quite understand what your saying but the only place you need to type is for the alarm name.
    No you are correct. The alarm name is the only place to type. But it just doesn't feel normal I guess to even be in the options/alarms menus and the screen rotating. I guess the big issue I am having is that the screen is constantly rotating now that you have enabled the rotations. So it is a bit annoying. If the menus stayed in portrait mode, to me, it makes it more usable and easier. Clock rotating isn't such a big deal but I would have liked to see it stay in landscape. I think the big suggestions previously was really for the menus to be in portrait but I could be wrong on that.

Either way, this is a personal observation. I can deal with the way it is now but just found the screen flipping constantly to be a little annoying. A user option would be great too.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. I just updated to 0.2.1 (from 0.1.6) and I also purchased the version in the App Catalog.

Must say I like the 0.2.x series changes! Just my $00.03...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  7.    #367  
    A setting to force the menus to portrait can easily be done but not right now. There is a bug in forcing a screen to display a certain way and then setting it back to free rotation. It doesnt work.

If anybody has a problem with Timepiece do not hesitate to contact me. I have recently received some very bad reviews on the App Catalog that to me make no sense. They probably could easily be addressed if these people would contact me. This really irritates me when people are quick to post a bad review before trying to fix the problem.

Also, I still have not heard from anybody with a PIXI. I will wait til late Sunday before I submit to Palm. Hopefully by then I hear something from a PIXI owner.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I would not worry to much about those couple bad comments. It sounds like they either didn't know what they were doing or they probably have some other conflicting patches/programs. Either way, there are more then enough good comments that it suggests the app as a whole is doing well and the latest homebrew version fixes some of the complaints I noticed. Aside from the Pandora issue. But that has a lot to do with the average user not understanding the limitations. I thought it was a bad idea just because of the limitations but I know it was requested by many.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Fantastic app. A few suggestions though:
    -The alarm Icon looks native to the home screen, but the bottom two settings buttons sort of break the retro feel. Maybe change their icons to fall in line with the rest of the clock
    -The settings icon on the alarms looks more like a picture than it does a button, if that makes sense
    -Maybe a way to show notifications or a option to show the bottom bar when on
    Other than that, so fat is a fantastic app. Keep up the good work.
  10.    #370  
    Aside from the Pandora issue. But that has a lot to do with the average user not understanding the limitations. I thought it was a bad idea just because of the limitations but I know it was requested by many.
    I would be happy if Palm gave dev's the functionality to close a program. That way at least the dismiss of an alarm and the snoozing would work.

-The alarm Icon looks native to the home screen, but the bottom two settings buttons sort of break the retro feel. Maybe change their icons to fall in line with the rest of the clock
    -The settings icon on the alarms looks more like a picture than it does a button, if that makes sense
    Yes, the icons need a bit of work. It was all I could find on short notice. Probably the next update will have new ones.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    re Pandora - it mutes when another sound plays or when a call comes in - can you use that somehow? Play a bogus silent "sound" clip to in effect pause it or something similar?

Just an idea - good app, looking forward to seeing the newest version in the app store!
    I love this app... So much in fact that it became only my second paid app. Ha

I can't wait to see the newest updates applied to the paid version.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Put TP on my wife's Pixi this a.m. and it looks great. Very excited by the new stuff. She happily pointed out that her new homebrew version looked more polished than my paid app. This app is excellent and I really appreciate all the effort put into it. It is the only paid app I have.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    So all I can say is it may eventually work the way the pre 0.1.7 version did if Palm fixes it. I know its not the answer you want to hear.
    *sigh* That's not the answer I wanted to hear, either. This app has great features but I mostly used Timepiece to keep my Pre on and unlocked while driving and when it's sitting on the Touchstone on my desk. I hope the underlying Palm feature gets fixed soon.
  15.    #375  
    Just an update. Version 0.2.1 has been submitted to Palm for the App Catalog.
    I have had one problem with 0.1.8 that I bought from the app store. If I have it on the TS all night charging with the app open I will wake up in the morning and the whole screen will be black and I have to pull the battery in order to do anything with the phone, but if I don't have the app open all night it will just open on it's own and wake me up as normal. Just a weird problem.
  17. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    New feature suggestion: not sure what you would call it, maybe pre-snooze? What I would love is a toggle-able feature where if you touch the screen within a certain time (say, within 1 hour before an alarm, should be configurable) that it would pre-apply snooze, so that the alarm wouldn't fire at the normal time, but at whatever time you had set plus one snooze interval. Multiple touches would be cumulative, with maybe a small vibration to acknowledge each one. This would be very useful to me, because although I have my alarm set for the same time every day, some days I know I can sleep in a bit, so instead of waiting for the alarm and then snoozing, I could do it ahead of time.

Thoughts?

Tom
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi,

Would it be possible to have the name of the alarm shown, when the alarm goes off?

This could be quite useful. For example, when someone has to take different prescriptions during the day, or for repetitive chores, etcetera... Really good for people like me, who forget what a particular alarm is for...

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Would it be possible to have the name of the alarm shown, when the alarm goes off?

This could be quite useful. For example, when someone has to take different prescriptions during the day, or for repetitive chores, etcetera... Really good for people like me, who forget what a particular alarm is for...
    I like this idea, and would like to +1 on it...
  20.    #380  
    I have had one problem with 0.1.8 that I bought from the app store. If I have it on the TS all night charging with the app open I will wake up in the morning and the whole screen will be black and I have to pull the battery in order to do anything with the phone, but if I don't have the app open all night it will just open on it's own and wake me up as normal. Just a weird problem.
    I didn't notice this. Anyone else?

New feature suggestion: not sure what you would call it, maybe pre-snooze? What I would love is a toggle-able feature where if you touch the screen within a certain time (say, within 1 hour before an alarm, should be configurable) that it would pre-apply snooze, so that the alarm wouldn't fire at the normal time, but at whatever time you had set plus one snooze interval. Multiple touches would be cumulative, with maybe a small vibration to acknowledge each one. This would be very useful to me, because although I have my alarm set for the same time every day, some days I know I can sleep in a bit, so instead of waiting for the alarm and then snoozing, I could do it ahead of time.
    I will write it down and see what I can do. I am going through the list based on the most popluar requests. Some have had quite a few people request the same thing.

This is planned for the next release. There will be box or area that will tell what the next alarm to go off is. Then when the alarm is going off the box will tell the name of the alarm.

I have been working on another app the last week or so. I plan on getting back on Timepiece after the holidays.

Thanks