Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #341  
    New version 0.2.0 uploaded. Check the first page for the changelog. I believe this should take care of all the bugs. The few people that could the first snooze/alarm did not dismiss properly, please let me know if it still does it. Thanks.

Has anyone with a PIXI tried the new version yet? Just wondering how everything works and looks.
    just noticed that the alarm button and the menu button do not dim like the rest of the display when the brightness and contrast settings are set low. they look pretty bright when in a dark room.
    is the Classic alarm sound louder? I liked it when it was soft
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    is the Classic alarm sound louder? I liked it when it was soft
    I doubt it. I do not believe he made any changes to the sound file. It is what it is as far as I know. But I could be wrong.

X7JAY7X,

So I updated and so far so good. All of my alarms and sounds worked as expected. I do have one functionality question that I am not sure I have tested and not sure what your design is expected to do. When you snooze and then swipe Timepiece away, shouldn't it pop back up at the pre selected snooze time or is it designed to fully close out Timepiece?

In my mind, I would assume that by hitting snooze, you have more or less activated a "new alarm" that would sound off at the designated alarm (snooze) time. Normally I hit snooze and just turn the screen off which obviously allows the alarm to go off for snooze but this morning I hit snooze and without thinking, I swiped Timepiece away and the snooze didn't go off.
    Confused.

I d'ld Timepiece from the App catalog, but I just now checked and the catalog does not list the .2 update. Then I checked FileCoaster, and that *does* show the update.

From where should I d'ld the .2 update?
    Last edited by Elizabeth1129; 12/08/2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: emphasis
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Confused.

I d'ld Timepiece from the App catalog, but I just now checked and the catalog does not list the .2 update. Then I checked FileCoaster, and that *does* show the update.

From where should I d'ld the .2 update?
    .2 is the homebrew version. The "beta" if that helps. The official release version is the one in the App catalog. File Coaster does not install official release versions, only homebrew. That is why you see .2 in file coaster. The Homebrew versions have a time limit on them. They are only really for testing/trying out. The App catalog version is official and the one you pay for and has no time limit. Eventually, the homebrew version will be uploaded to the App catalog as soon as the author decides it is ready and bug free.
  7.    #347  
    just noticed that the alarm button and the menu button do not dim like the rest of the display when the brightness and contrast settings are set low. they look pretty bright when in a dark room.
    I noticed this right before I submitted the new version to homebrew last night. I didn't have time to fix it and repackage last night. I will get this fixed soon.

n my mind, I would assume that by hitting snooze, you have more or less activated a "new alarm" that would sound off at the designated alarm (snooze) time. Normally I hit snooze and just turn the screen off which obviously allows the alarm to go off for snooze but this morning I hit snooze and without thinking, I swiped Timepiece away and the snooze didn't go off.
    It should be a new alarm which would, if Timepiece is closed, re-open it and alarm. I will look into this.
  8.    #348  
    is the Classic alarm sound louder?
    The classic sound has not changed. Palm seems to be playing with the audio framework in just about every WebOS update. So it may have seemed softer in a prior release. This is the only thing I can think of.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    There is an issue for sure with notifications and the alarm sound working. I had three emails come in this morning before the alarm activated and as a result, no sound for the alarm. It was vibrating just fine since i have it set for sound + vibrate. That said, I also have the notification patch that does a reminder sound every two min until you view the notification and that was no longer making sounds either. I am going to remove the notification patch in hopes that is the problem and let you know.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I have the paid version installed through the App Catalog (Nice app, by the way) and it's up to date however Preware is showing an update available. I assume that's a result of both the free and paid apps using the same ID while the free version is a rev or two behind. Would it be possible to fix this? It's a minor annoyance but an annoyance none the less.
  11.    #351  
    Dragbug, your the only one that has had this problem. I assume its the preware patch. Let me know.

I have the paid version installed through the App Catalog (Nice app, by the way) and it's up to date however Preware is showing an update available. I assume that's a result of both the free and paid apps using the same ID while the free version is a rev or two behind. Would it be possible to fix this? It's a minor annoyance but an annoyance none the less.
    It is possible but this homebrew version will be up on the catalog very soon. Since its been qiuet here the past day or so I am assuming there are no issues with v0.2.0. To submit it to Palm, all I am waiting for is for an answer from palm on how to change the opacity of the command menu. It is Palm, but that shouldnt take too long.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Does changing the "opacity" make the black part of the screen darker? It would be nice if it didn't glow so much.
    Thanks
  13.    #353  
    Does changing the "opacity" make the black part of the screen darker? It would be nice if it didn't glow so much.
    Edited. No it doesnt. I thought you were referring to the bottom menu. It will make the bottom menu darker. There is no available API for changing the backlight brightness. That is what will make the screen darker. Even with a black screen it is bright because of the backlight.
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 12/09/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    X7JAY7X, I have a suggestion. I was wondering if it's possible to add a "fade to black" option. This is different than the existing Screen Timeout option, and may be an addition to it.

After a settable amount of time, maybe a few seconds to a few minutes, the screens fades to pitch black, even though the app is still running full screen. Display and backlight are both turned off.

Simply touching the screen, as when it's on the Touchstone, or picking up the device will wake the display. It will again fade to black after the same preset amount of time.

What do you think?
  15.    #355  
    X7JAY7X, I have a suggestion. I was wondering if it's possible to add a "fade to black" option. This is different than the existing Screen Timeout option, and may be an addition to it.

After a settable amount of time, maybe a few seconds to a few minutes, the screens fades to pitch black, even though the app is still running full screen. Display and backlight are both turned off.

Simply touching the screen, as when it's on the Touchstone, or picking up the device will wake the display. It will again fade to black after the same preset amount of time.
    I like it. I will add it to the list. I am slowly going through my list. Alot of things on there are still on there because of limited functionality of the SDK.

As for the homebrew version overwriting the app catalog version, this will be fixed tomorrow. I am going to upload a new update tomorrow and change the appid just for the homebrew. I have had a few people say that they do not like that fact that they are seeing the homebrew version as an update to the app catalog version. I apologize.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Dragbug, your the only one that has had this problem. I assume its the preware patch. Let me know.

I removed the patches but this will be a bit harder to test since i need an email to come in right before the alarm goes off. I am thinking though that it probably was the repeat notification patch but it is still a sound issue and makes me think also that with the right circumstances, the normal notification may also be able to silence the alarm. Just curious but do you know how the built in alarm handles sounds? Is it the same way as yours?

Did you figure out anything with the snooze not working after you swipe timepiece away?
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Edited. No it doesnt. I thought you were referring to the bottom menu. It will make the bottom menu darker. There is no available API for changing the backlight brightness. That is what will make the screen darker. Even with a black screen it is bright because of the backlight.

there is a patch "reduce minimum brightness" that will let you dim the screen more than the default. there is still a backlight, but i found it to be much more acceptable, especially with timepiece running on the touchstone. fixing the opacity for the bottom menu would be great...or maybe just revert back to the previous versions where there was not bottom menu.

thanks again for working on this app...it's great!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myen View Post
    or maybe just revert back to the previous versions where there was not bottom menu.
    -1 on the above suggestion. I prefer the menu myself.
  19.    #359  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myen
    or maybe just revert back to the previous versions where there was not bottom menu.

-1 on the above suggestion. I prefer the menu myself.
    I agree but the menu wont be a problem anyway. I am still waiting on an answer back from Palm but I figured out how to change it but this created another problem. When you switch from any screen to the clock screen you will see a white background behing the menu buttons at the bottom for a second. I cannot find a way around this yet.

I am going to update the Homebrew version with this. If Palm tells me a better way to handle the opacity of the bottom menu, I will include that in the App Catalog version.

Has anyone tried this on the PIXI yet? I would really like to hear from a person or two before this gets submitted to the app catalog.
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 12/10/2009 at 05:32 PM.
  20.    #360  
    A new version is up, 0.2.1. Check the changlog for details. I also switched the addID so people should no longer see the homebrew version as an update for the appcatalog version.