Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Ahh I answered my own question, this actually updates the app catalog version. Cool upgrades. I had deleted the homebrew once I bought the paid one but the updates automatically updated the app catalog version.
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/06/2009 at 09:12 PM.
    Great work... 3 ideas....

1) more or custom digit colors?

2) have an option to automatically load when set on touchstone?

3) flashlight is neat.. But most times my display brightness is turned down.. So maybe an option to temporarily be its brightest while in flashlight mode?
    will it play the alarm with the ringer off?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I love the new features especially portrait mode! Unfortunately, I have already run into a problem.

Right after installing I set up one of my normal reoccurring alarms to remind me to let the dog out. The alarm triggered but without sound. I was using the default sound for this alarm. Also I was trying to hit the alarm button to turn it off and the button would instantly come back. I finally had to slide the card off the screen. I went back in and set it for two min later. This time, sound was working and I could turn the alarm off by clicking the alarm button.

Of course, I'll be testing it some more. We'll see if my morning alarm works or not.
    I am having problems dismissing the alarm. No matter what I do I couldn't close Pandora. I had to do a hard reset to get the alarm to stop. I would try to minimize Pandora and it would keep opening back up. The one time I could close I hit dismiss on the alarm clock and it would open Pandora back up. This didn't happen with .18 from the app store. I can't tell you if it is the homebrew or app with the bug because when I tried to install it from homebrew it updated my app catalog version. I will uninstall and just install the app catalog version it was more stable.
  6.    #326  
    For those people who have purchased Timepiece on the app catalog try deleting the program and reinstalling the homebrew version. They are the same AppID which I didnt realize it was going to overwrite the catalog version until mamouton pointed it out.
  7.    #327  
    Great work... 3 ideas....

1) more or custom digit colors?

2) have an option to automatically load when set on touchstone?

3) flashlight is neat.. But most times my display brightness is turned down.. So maybe an option to temporarily be its brightest while in flashlight mode?
    1. I am waiting until Palm allows custom fonts to add more colors. Right now I am using image files for the digits and the program is getting quite big. Once they add custom fonts the program size should decrease drammatically and I can have a color picker with alot of colors. I am sure custom fonts are the last thing on Palms mind with all the problems 1.3.1 created.

2. and 3. Developers do not have access to that feature.

will it play the alarm with the ringer off?
    Yes as long as your music volume is turned up.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    For those people who have purchased Timepiece on the app catalog try deleting the program and reinstalling the homebrew version. They are the same AppID which I didnt realize it was going to overwrite the catalog version until mamouton pointed it out.
    That was the first thing I did even before someone else mentioned it was updating the app catalog version. So it was still the same problem.

Also, this morning when my work alarm went off, it was playing the default alarm sound instead of my custom selected sound. The custom sound was an MP3 so it should have worked fine.
  9.    #329  
    Ok. I will look into the sound issues. At least there are no problems with alarms not going off.
    I have a minor issue , not sure if it was covered. I too purchased the catalog version. When my alarm go's off I swipe the application to close but my alarm continues to play long after.

Other then that so far I really like the application. And thanks for the offer of 2.00 but not needed, glad to pay for it.
  11.    #331  
    For those of you having alarm playing problems, like Dragbug and mamouton, can you please post your alarms and their settings. Also, are you two still having problems dismissing/snoozing an alarm?

I didnt change anything with how an alarm is handle and how it is played. I did change alot with how the alarm settings are stored so there must be a problem there. The dismissing/snoozing problems a few people mentioned is kind of surprising.

Boggs, I will look into the alarm playing after it closes.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    I have a minor issue , not sure if it was covered. I too purchased the catalog version. When my alarm go's off I swipe the application to close but my alarm continues to play long after.
    Were you using Pandora for your alarm?

Also, are you two still having problems dismissing/snoozing an alarm?
    I only had two alarms set so far:

General Clock Setting

Screen Timeout/Always on: off
    time setting/24 Hour: off
    Blink colon/minutes: on
    Blink colon/seconds: off
    Theme options: Big Digits II/Blue
    Alarm options/Start timepiece: on

Work alarm

Type: Reoccuring Alarm
    Time: 6 am
    Days: Daily
    Snooze: 7 min
    Alert type: Sound & Vibrate
    Alarm repeat: Continuous
    Alarm sound: Custom/MP3

Let the dog out

Type: Reoccuring Alarm
    Time: 11:30 pm
    Alarm Days: Custom (Mon-Thurs, Sun)
    Snooze: 5 Min
    Alert type: Sound & Vibrate
    Alarm repeat: Continuous
    Alarm sound: Default/classic

One thing I just noticed. On any newly created alarm, the alarm sound is set as classic.wav but if you click and select classic, the alarm sound changes to Classic with no extension. Probably has nothing to do with the issues as the other one did play but only the second time I set the alarm as described in my first post.

Also, it doesn't appear to delete an alarm when you swipe and select delete. It removes it until you go back into alarms.

As far as snoozing/dismiss, I did not have an issue dismissing my morning alarm or my last night alarm on the second try.
  13.    #333  
    Also, it doesn't appear to delete an alarm when you swipe and select delete. It removes it until you go back into alarms.
    Can you clarify this? If you click the trashcan icon at the bottom of the alarm settings screen for that alarm it doesnt delete?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I've reviewed the last few pages of posts before and after 1.8 and 1.9. I have the homebrew version and am planning on purchasing the catalog version. However, the new update has changed some functionality for me which decreases its usability for me personally.

In the former version (not sure which one I had, but it was the one w/o portrait view), I basically used the clock as a "no doze" function on the touchstone. With timepiece up, the screen would stay without locking and the LED notifications would also go on.

Now, two things have changed. First, no doze is only functional if timepiece is fully opened. That is, I have to have it maximized. If I have another app up or if I have TP minnified, the screen will lock. Second, if TP is maximized, I get no LED indicators when a new notification occurs.

It's quite a beautiful clock, but these changes have made it not right for me. Even if these features aren't restored, I'm happy to purchase the app just because of the value I have gotten from it thus far. That said, if the features aren't restored, do others have some suggestions on alternatives?

Thanks.
  15.    #335  
    Nevermind. I know what your talking about now. I completely forgot to handle that when a person deletes a list item by swiping. I guess thats what happens when you make alot of changes. I will add this.
    1. I am waiting until Palm allows custom fonts to add more colors. Right now I am using image files for the digits and the program is getting quite big. Once they add custom fonts the program size should decrease drammatically and I can have a color picker with alot of colors. I am sure custom fonts are the last thing on Palms mind with all the problems 1.3.1 created.

2. and 3. Developers do not have access to that feature.

Yes as long as your music volume is turned up.
    Thanks for the reply(s).....

Also want to report a bug. I set an alarm with a custom mp3. The alarm went off, but it used a default sound effect and I hit the "Alarm" button (did not see a snooze button) to turn it off, at witch point the Pre reset and was stuck looped in that reset until I pulled the battery.
  17.    #337  
    Now, two things have changed. First, no doze is only functional if timepiece is fully opened. That is, I have to have it maximized. If I have another app up or if I have TP minnified, the screen will lock. Second, if TP is maximized, I get no LED indicators when a new notification occurs.
    If you had pre version 0.1.7 then that used a non-documented API call to keep the screen on. Of course this was a better solution than the one Palm provided to developers with webOS 1.3.1. The one developers are allowed to use is buggy to say it best. This is probably why it is behaving as it does. Who knows what Palm will do eventually to fix the approved way of keeping the screen on.

So all I can say is it may eventually work the way the pre 0.1.7 version did if Palm fixes it. I know its not the answer you want to hear.
  18.    #338  
    Also want to report a bug. I set an alarm with a custom mp3. The alarm went off, but it used a default sound effect and I hit the "Alarm" button (did not see a snooze button) to turn it off, at witch point the Pre reset and was stuck looped in that reset until I pulled the battery.
    This is interesting. Anyone else see this?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    This is interesting. Anyone else see this?
    The default alarm sound instead of the custom MP3 yes, the locked in a loop no. I did not have this issue at all.

pjjohn73,

You saw the alarm button to turn off the alarm. The rest of the screen is the snooze, so hitting anywhere except on the alarm button will snooze the phone. Not my prefered method (would like to see two obvious buttons, one for snooze one for alarm disable) but it works well enough.
    i have also experienced the problem of the alarm using the default sound instead of the custom mp3. i think the changes have otherwise been great.

one other suggestion...not a critical item, but it would be easier to just have a separate button to activate the flashlight...i really don't see myself using the flashlight, but there seems to be room on the screen, and it avoids pulling up the menu.