Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davara6 View Post
    first thanks for a great app, really enjoying it. The recurring alarm works great, but can't seem to get a second recurring alarm to work. Oh and I do have version 1.6
    Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "can't seem to get a second recurring alarm to work". I have two reoccurring alarms and both have worked flawlessly. So please give more detail as to how you have your alarm set.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Grats X7JAY7X for making it into the App Catalog!
  3. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Did you have one snoozed at the same time the second one was supposed to go off? When you say timepiece was not running when you woke up, what made you think it was not running? There is a setting in timepiece to start automatically on a pending alarm. Did you have this setting turned on?
    No, the first would not have been snoozed. When I say not running, I mean I left the app card running as the main display when I went to sleep, and it wasn't there, the screen was locked when I woke up at some point during the night. I restarted the app and went back to sleep. I believe I do have that setting on, yes, but I didn't test it.

Tom
    I noticed Timepiece is in the app catalog now - is one identical to the most recent homebrew version?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #285  
    No, it is one version newer. The main difference is that it allows you to select Pandora for an alarm sound. For those donators/testers, please be patient. I am trying to figure out the best way to get updates to you guys. I will be emailing you guys later today regarding this.

I am also looking into the issue that was recently brought up about re-occuring alarms.

Thanks everyone
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    No, the first would not have been snoozed. When I say not running, I mean I left the app card running as the main display when I went to sleep, and it wasn't there, the screen was locked when I woke up at some point during the night. I restarted the app and went back to sleep. I believe I do have that setting on, yes, but I didn't test it.

Tom
    There is also a setting to keep screen on in Timepiece. Did you have that set to on as well? The reason I ask is simply that I have reoccurring alarms and have not had any problems. I do NOT have the screen set to always on so I let the screen go off. When the alarm sounds, yes the screen is locked, it's a slight inconvenience but nothing seriously bad. Anyway, I can unlock the screen and snooze or dismiss the alarm with no problem. As long as the setting to automatically run is on, there should be no problems with the alarm. I am testing the back to back reoccurring alarm similar to your issue to see if being to close to another alarm may cause an issue but I don't see how it would unless the first was snoozed when the second one goes off.
    Does the one in the app catalog support portrait mode?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

8.    #288  
    Does the one in the app catalog support portrait mode?
    Not yet, I am working on that now along with a few other major features. I expect it to be out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Not yet, I am working on that now along with a few other major features. I expect it to be out soon.
    Will it still be available in Homebrew, or only app catalog?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

10.    #290  
    Will it still be available in Homebrew, or only app catalog?
    I would like to keep a version here if Palm allows it. If I do, it will be a few versions behind what is on the App Catalog. I am not sure yet what is going to happen.

Also note that the versions in homebrew do expire. Nobody has probably seen this yet since I was updating fairly regularly. I believe the current homebrew version is to expire at the end of this month (in a few days). I am planning on changing the expiration and and re-releasing the same version.
  11.    #291  
    Any donators that have not received an email from me please let me know. If you have any questions please let me know.
    Never got around to donating for some reason, but I'm glad the app is in the store - I gladly purchased it. Worth every penny. Thank you!

Also, what are all of the differences between the homebrew version and the current version in the app catalog?
    Last edited by andddlay; 11/28/2009 at 04:28 PM.
    thanks for the great app I love it and use it every morning, so I went and bought the new version from the app store. The Pandora feature is pretty cool. Will the paid app get free updates or will I need to pay for future updates. either way I love this app and will gladly contribute/ buy newer versions. thanks again
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  14.    #294  
    Also, what are all of the differences between the homebrew version and the current version in the app catalog?
    The version in the App Catalog is v0.1.8. It is a few above the homebrew version. Here is what was changed in v0.1.7 and v0.1.8, I have bolded the requests made by homebrew users:

1. Pandora as an Alarm Sound
    2. If the screenAlwaysOn setting is false, a alarm will turn it on. It will stay on for a few seconds and timeout again.
    3. Ability to choose a ringtone as a alarm sound
    4. Locked main clock screen from being dragged around
    5. Fixed bug where existing alarms would default to current time in settings page
    6. Added alarm setting code to Alarm Prefs screen. You no longer have to go into the main clock page for alarms to be set.
    7. Removed the snooze time in the Options screen and added individual alarm snooze times instead
    8. Removed the alarm sound/vibrate settings in the Options screen and added individual alarm sound/vibrate settings times instead
    9. Changed default snooze time to 10mins
    10. Added ability to set the number of times the alarm sound plays
    11. Changed custom alarm button to an icon
    12. Changed Screen Title - "Alarm Preferences" is now "Alarms"
    13. Changed Screen Title - "Alarm X Settings" is now "Settings"
    14. Changed Screen Title - "About Clock" is now "About"
    15. Changed Screen Title - "Clock Preferences" is now "Options"

Will the paid app get free updates or will I need to pay for future updates.
    The App Catalog Timepiece will gets free updates.

I am debating what to do about Homebrew. I dont think I can keep a current version (the same version as in the App Catalog) here and dont think I would want to anyway. Therefore, if I cant test a current version here then there isnt a whole lot of point in maintaining a homebrew version. I am thinking I will take this off homebrew in the next day or so since it will expire in days anyway.
    Last edited by X7JAY7X; 11/28/2009 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I am debating what to do about Homebrew. I dont think I can keep a current version (the same version as in the App Catalog) here and dont think I would want to anyway. Therefore, if I cant test a current version here then there isnt a whole lot of point in maintaining a homebrew version. I am thinking I will take this off homebrew in the next day or so since it will expire in days anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I like to use the broadcast app. Will there be a way to chose which music app you want to use?
    The thing I have found from buying apps and also using homebrew is that sometimes when an update is pushed out the apps break and then we are left with a nonfunctioning app. The homebrew version allows the user to maintain functionality.

Also I have been using your app but I never saw a donate button. I would have gladly donated when it was in beta testing. I will buy the app because I like the new features you have included.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The thing I have found from buying apps and also using homebrew is that sometimes when an update is pushed out the apps break and then we are left with a nonfunctioning app. The homebrew version allows the user to maintain functionality.
    The reason for this, if you didn't already know, is that the homebrew version is not restricted by approved Palm functions. So, the developer can use what ever functions he/she is aware of when developing an app. In order to be approved by Palm to be placed in the App Catalog, it must use ONLY approved functions of the SDK. So in order for some of the homebrew apps to make it to the app catalog, the developers have to remove some functions. Some developers do not bother to let the community know this so someone familiar with the app in homebrew may decide to support the developer by buying the app from the catalog only to find it is missing functions. Sad but happens daily.

EDIT: I would like to add that X7JAY7X has not done this. He has used his most updated version that is not "dumbed" down as it now already complies with Palms requirements. So you can happily purchase this from the catalog and expect a fully functional alarm clock as described.
  17.    #297  
    Thanks dragbug. On the contrary, the App Catalog version has more features than what is on Homebrew. I specifically waited until I could get screen control before submitting it. I know of a few other clock apps that didnt, one was a homebrew version, and the developer removed this functionality. They got alot of flak for that missing feature. I didn't want to do that.

At this time, we (developers) cannot sell apps to any other country besides the U.S.A. I do not want to leave the non-U.S people out there without a program to use. So I will re-release v0.1.6 with an expiration at the end of December. We will see how things are going then. If Palm opens up the App Catalog to all countries by then; then the end of December will be the end of Timepiece on Homebrew. I will get this uploaded tonight.

I thank all of you for your help and suggestions/requests.
    Hey, just wanted to say I purchased the app because I loved the free version so much.

Are there any plans to add support for choosing our own background image or photo album? If not, there's my official feature request

It would also be great to have a portrait mode so that typing in the text box on an alarm is easier (along with other advantages of course).

Thank you for your hard work. Love the app.
    Great progress on the app, and congrats on making the app catalog! I'm 're-submitting' my request for random chimes (see page 9 of this thread) for the feature request list. It would be a great feature that would make your app stand out from the competition!
  20. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    If you donate, can you get the app catalog version? I am in Canada, and therefore cannot buy a lot of the apps, so there must be some way to support the developers?