Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I just wanted to second the brightness comments when on the touchstone. From what I think I'm reading the current SDK doens't support this functionality. However my biggest suggestion would be to have the screen go off completely while on the touchstone just as it normally does and code it so all you have to do is tap the screen/gesture area and the clock would reappear until the screen timed out. Now that would be awesome! Thanks for the great app!
  2.    #262  
    Yes Palm's SDK is VERY lacking. There are alot of API's that are there but developers are not allowed to use them. It doesn't make any sense. Why not open most of if not all of them up to dev's? There would be alot better programs and more programs in the App Catalog.

I just wanted to second the brightness comments when on the touchstone. From what I think I'm reading the current SDK doens't support this functionality. However my biggest suggestion would be to have the screen go off completely while on the touchstone just as it normally does and code it so all you have to do is tap the screen/gesture area and the clock would reappear until the screen timed out. Now that would be awesome! Thanks for the great app!
    I will add this to my list. Thanks for the suggestion.
    It would very nice if this application could run in Portrait mode also. I mount my Pre in my car on a vent-attach mount which keeps it upright, so the clock display is always sideways!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #264  
    Portrait mode will be coming soon. I'm thinking a few weeks at most.
    Just what I needed! The standard options of the alarm clock don't suit my needs (different alarm for different weekdays). Will give it a try

Allright. Didn't test if the alarm works (guess it does ^^) but here is one suggestion: sometimes I have to set an alarm for the next day but every time to the same time. If I'm not mistaken you always have to set a specific date in the option (if you don't choose "reoccuring").

Or is there a way to let the alarm go every day to the set time until you deaktivate it? I mean, without activating each day.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 11/19/2009 at 08:01 AM.
  6.    #266  
    Just what I needed! The standard options of the alarm clock don't suit my needs (different alarm for different weekdays). Will give it a try

Allright. Didn't test if the alarm works (guess it does ^^) but here is one suggestion: sometimes I have to set an alarm for the next day but every time to the same time. If I'm not mistaken you always have to set a specific date in the option (if you don't choose "reoccuring").

Or is there a way to let the alarm go every day to the set time until you deaktivate it? I mean, without activating each day.
    You want a daily alarm to go off every day at the same time? You would select every day in the reoccuring schedule. I will add your suggestion to the list.
    I've been using this app for a few weeks now and I think it works great. One annoying issue was the brightness when on the touchstone...the screen was still too bright even with the brightness and contrast settings set at minimum. However, if you install the patch "reduce minimum brightness", Timepiece is now acceptable to me on the touchstone (it is also no longer brighter on the touchstone compared to not being on the tc). Get the patch off PreWare.

One other issue I encountered is that if you have the setting "Screen Always On" set to "off", when Timepiece automatically starts on a peding alarm, you have to unlock the phone by swiping and that's hard to do when you're just waking up...so I just leave the "screen always on" setting to "on", but it would be nice if you didn't need to unlock the phone when it is set to "off".

BTW...I think the app is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    You want a daily alarm to go off every day at the same time? You would select every day in the reoccuring schedule. I will add your suggestion to the list.
    Until I deactivate it, yepp. Thanks
  9.    #269  
    There are going to be alot of features/changes coming soon. I am not planning on releasing for a few weeks if not a month to get as much features and testing in as I can. I am going to get in what I can with the available SDK functions. There have been quite a few requests that are just not possible with the current SDK.
    Does this mean you will have a fix for the problem with reoccurring alarms?

Thanks!

John

There are going to be alot of features/changes coming soon. I am not planning on releasing for a few weeks if not a month to get as much features and testing in as I can. I am going to get in what I can with the available SDK functions. There have been quite a few requests that are just not possible with the current SDK.
  11.    #271  
    Does this mean you will have a fix for the problem with reoccurring alarms?
    Which problem are you referring to? I thought they were all fixed by the current homebrew version.
    Which problem are you referring to? I thought they were all fixed by the current homebrew version.
    Back on 11-2, you will see a post by me referring to 0.1.5 reocurring issues. 0.1.6 release notes do not mention a fix for the reoccurring alarm issues. On the same day another user reported issues with recurring alarms with 0.1.6.

Thanks-

John
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    Back on 11-2, you will see a post by me referring to 0.1.5 reocurring issues. 0.1.6 release notes do not mention a fix for the reoccurring alarm issues. On the same day another user reported issues with recurring alarms with 0.1.6.

Thanks-

John
    Have you tried running 1.6? The reoccurring issues have been fixed at least since 1.5. It's possible you didn't have a correct version or something but I know at least after 1.6 that reoccurring alarms have been working correctly.

EDIT: Your last post on 11-2 suggested you were using 1.5 and that maybe you should have uninstalled completely first. Then you said you would install 1.6 and report back. You never did until now asking if the problem was fixed. Soooo....as I said above, the problem was fixed as of 1.5 and 1.6 fixed additional alarm problems. I have been using this alarm since then and have had no other problems with respect to reoccurring alarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Have you tried running 1.6? The reoccurring issues have been fixed at least since 1.5. It's possible you didn't have a correct version or something but I know at least after 1.6 that reoccurring alarms have been working correctly.

EDIT: Your last post on 11-2 suggested you were using 1.5 and that maybe you should have uninstalled completely first. Then you said you would install 1.6 and report back. You never did until now asking if the problem was fixed. Soooo....as I said above, the problem was fixed as of 1.5 and 1.6 fixed additional alarm problems. I have been using this alarm since then and have had no other problems with respect to reoccurring alarms.
    OK, thanks. I'll bet i read the user after me using 1.6 who was having issues and never bothered, that's my bad. I have downloaded 1.6 and installed clean. I'll fully test the reoccurring alarms again. Thanks for the help.

John
  15.    #275  
    packpackpack, from your last post (a few pages back) stating that you had problems with 1.5 but did a clean install of 1.6, I thought your issues had gone away. Please let me know if they didnt.

Thanks
    Jason
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    OK, thanks. I'll bet i read the user after me using 1.6 who was having issues and never bothered, that's my bad. I have downloaded 1.6 and installed clean. I'll fully test the reoccurring alarms again. Thanks for the help.

John
    Np, sorry if I came off harsh but it's been awhile with no reports of additional problems and I would hate for X7JAY7X to have to refocus to find an issue that may not actually exist.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    first thanks for a great app, really enjoying it. The recurring alarm works great, but can't seem to get a second recurring alarm to work. Oh and I do have version 1.6
  18.    #278  
    first thanks for a great app, really enjoying it. The recurring alarm works great, but can't seem to get a second recurring alarm to work. Oh and I do have version 1.6
    Can you explain your what your settings are for your two re-occuring alarms? Also what is it doing? Not going off? Going off a day late/early?
  19. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I installed 1.6 yesterday, I have two recurring morning alarms, the first one alerted and played the sound file properly, the second one alerted, in that the screen added the snooze/dismiss button, but it never actually played the configured sound file.

edit: settings for both are M,T,W,Th,F one for 7:40am and one for 8:30am, different MP3 files for the alert sounds.

The other weird thing I noticed was that at some point during the night the app stopped running. Before I went to sleep I started the app and put the phone on my touchstone, and when I woke up before the alarm, Timepiece was not running, so I started it again, and then had the two alarms proceed as above.

Tom
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I installed 1.6 yesterday, I have two recurring morning alarms, the first one alerted and played the sound file properly, the second one alerted, in that the screen added the snooze/dismiss button, but it never actually played the configured sound file.

edit: settings for both are M,T,W,Th,F one for 7:40am and one for 8:30am, different MP3 files for the alert sounds.

The other weird thing I noticed was that at some point during the night the app stopped running. Before I went to sleep I started the app and put the phone on my touchstone, and when I woke up before the alarm, Timepiece was not running, so I started it again, and then had the two alarms proceed as above.

Tom
    Did you have one snoozed at the same time the second one was supposed to go off? When you say timepiece was not running when you woke up, what made you think it was not running? There is a setting in timepiece to start automatically on a pending alarm. Did you have this setting turned on?