Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I am running 0.1.6 which is the latest version
    More problems with a re-occurring alarm this morning. 0.1.5 being used. I maybe should have deleted old version? Anyway, I have two different re-occurring alarms. One for weekend mornings and one for weekday mornings. The weekend morning alarm went off without a hitch. But this morning, the weekday alarm did not go off. Both are alarms that play mp3 files.

I'll try deleting, the installing 0.1.6 and report back.
    I am running the lastest 1.6 version but I am still having problems with the reoccuring alarm. My Tue, Thur, alarm went of on Mon. My monday alarm went off also. Having no issues with mp3 files or alarm settings. Thanks for the continual efforts to improve this app.
  4.    #244  
    More problems with a re-occurring alarm this morning. 0.1.5 being used. I maybe should have deleted old version? Anyway, I have two different re-occurring alarms. One for weekend mornings and one for weekday mornings. The weekend morning alarm went off without a hitch. But this morning, the weekday alarm did not go off. Both are alarms that play mp3 files.
    Are you saying that the alarm didnt play or the alarm didnt go off at all? Also, was this a auto start timepiece alarm? Version 0.1.6 fixed a few problems with alarm setting but some bugs still remain.

I am running the lastest 1.6 version but I am still having problems with the reoccuring alarm. My Tue, Thur, alarm went of on Mon. My monday alarm went off also. Having no issues with mp3 files or alarm settings. Thanks for the continual efforts to improve this app.
    Do you have two re-occuring alarms? One set for Monday and another set for Tuesday and Thursday? You said the Monday one went off but not the other?

Thanks
    Yes, I have two re-occuring alarms. The one for Tue, Thur went off today without a hitch, the Monday alarm did not go off. I will see if tomorrow (Wed) the Tue, Thur alarm goes off as well as the Mon, Wed, Fri.
    This is awesome. I have used it for the last 2 nights and it works great - alarm goes off just fine. I do have two issues though -

1) The "auto-start with pending alarm" option - when does it autostart? It would be nice to have it auto-start at a certain time - like midnight or some other specified time. Even better, auto-start on the touchstone.

2) The light is still just too fricking bright. I've turned down the brightness on the device, and in the app - but still, it's so bright I have to face away from it and it keeps me up. Is there any way to integrate a tweak that will throttle down the backlight power?

edit: I will gladly pay a few bucks for this app if these two issues are addressed. Especially for #2, if this cannot be resolved I will have to go back to putting the felt cover over the screen, which pretty much defeats the purpose...
  7.    #247  
    Yes, I have two re-occuring alarms. The one for Tue, Thur went off today without a hitch, the Monday alarm did not go off. I will see if tomorrow (Wed) the Tue, Thur alarm goes off as well as the Mon, Wed, Fri.
    Was the Monday alarm an Auto-Start alarm or was Timepiece running when the alarm was supposed to go off? Please keep me posted on this.

1) The "auto-start with pending alarm" option - when does it autostart? It would be nice to have it auto-start at a certain time - like midnight or some other specified time. Even better, auto-start on the touchstone.

2) The light is still just too fricking bright. I've turned down the brightness on the device, and in the app - but still, it's so bright I have to face away from it and it keeps me up. Is there any way to integrate a tweak that will throttle down the backlight power?
    1. The "auto-start with pending alarm" option allows Timepiece to start and alarm at the time of an alarm. It cannot be used to Start the program at a specific time, although that might be a useful feature.

2. There is no API to control the backlight. Developers do not have access to screen settings. Lets see what they give us in the next SDK release. Your the 3rd or 4th person to say that it is still too bright at night.
    My question is this: if I leave the screen on and plugged in with the wall OEM charger will it charge the battery while on? BTW, I have the Seidio 2600 battery.

Sorry if this has been addressed in this thread already.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    My question is this: if I leave the screen on and plugged in with the wall OEM charger will it charge the battery while on? BTW, I have the Seidio 2600 battery.

Sorry if this has been addressed in this thread already.

Thanks
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't. This app is just that, an app. So as far as charging, it should work just like any other app that is open or keeping the screen on. Otherwise, what point would there be to plug it in?
    I decided to delete and start over with the app. After doing so I have had no issues with the re-occuring alarms. All is well and good. Great work. My favorite app. Thanks for the hard work.
  11.    #251  
    I decided to delete and start over with the app. After doing so I have had no issues with the re-occuring alarms. All is well and good. Great work. My favorite app. Thanks for the hard work.
    That is good. Its been quiet, can I assume no one is having problems lately?

I am almost ready for another release. No features, just some more bug fixes. I fixed the problem with a existing alarm showing the current time. I also added functionality so that you do not have to go back to the clock screen for the alarm to be set in the program. Now you can set/change an alarm in the alarm prefs screen and close the program if you want. If you arent familiar with this problem, it was discussed a few pages back.

I want to get stable and reliable alarming before I start adding more features. I have also compiled a list of suggestions. I will be posting the list soon. I just want to say that most likely not all of the suggestions will make it into the final releases. The most requested will definetly make it and these are a next priority.

P.S. Thanks all of you that have donated/helped with this app.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    As of right now, I have not had any problems with the functionality (aside from the known issue of alarm time reverting to current time if opened). My reaccuring alarm has gone off daily as it is supposed to do. Snooze seems to work as intended as well.

I do not believe I have any additional suggestions to provide that has not already been suggested. I would like to see your running list of suggestions and the order of priority you will be working them in your first post. That would be helpful for those that actually look/search first instead of rehashing the same suggestions over and over again.

Also, considering this app is in a stable working condition, I am willing to donate. However, if it will be going to the app catalog I would gladly pay at that time (depending on the suggested price). All I ask is if this will be going to the app catalog, please please please do not remove functionality just to get it published. I will gladly donate now for a working app rather than pay for a broken app.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I would definitely buy this app if it had 1 feature, the ability to have the screen turn off entirely when it is on the touchstone. I just don't think that this screen can be dimmed enough for my sleeping. I need a completely dark room. Hopefully this is on the list of features to be added. I have been using brightness unlinked to turn off the screen but that causes weird issues with my phone and notifications.
  14.    #254  
    I would definitely buy this app if it had 1 feature, the ability to have the screen turn off entirely when it is on the touchstone. I just don't think that this screen can be dimmed enough for my sleeping. I need a completely dark room. Hopefully this is on the list of features to be added. I have been using brightness unlinked to turn off the screen but that causes weird issues with my phone and notifications.
    I am hoping that Palm opens up alot with this next SDK release. If they just give a few more API's to developers that will be crappy. Lets see what happens. This request is one of the biggest next to showing how much time till the next alarm.

Also, considering this app is in a stable working condition, I am willing to donate. However, if it will be going to the app catalog I would gladly pay at that time (depending on the suggested price). All I ask is if this will be going to the app catalog, please please please do not remove functionality just to get it published. I will gladly donate now for a working app rather than pay for a broken app.
    Palm tells me it is a matter of weeks before a new SDK is released that will give screen always on functionality. This is what I have been waiting for to submit Timepiece. I do not intend to take ANY functionality out of this program. This is the whole reason why I have waited and am waiting.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    X7JAY7X, let me know if you didn't get any of my PM's. There doesn't appear to be an outbox so no clue if they sent or not.
    From what I can tell, the volume control for the Timepiece alarms seems to be linked to the Music Player (I am using the homebrew remix version of Music Player) volume level instead of the ringer volume control/home screen volume control(left side buttons). Currently, I have to open Music Player and make sure the volume is at the right level so I don't wake up to blasting music. When an alarm is going off and I turn down/up the volume, the "musical notes" icon is shown next to the volume level bars which is the same for Music Player. When you adjust the ringer volume level from the home screen (no apps running) it shows a bell next to the ringer level bars. Somewhere there is a disconnect between the system/ringer volume level (side buttons) controlling the Timepiece volume level, instead of the music player controlling the level. My alarm is a typical mp3 file instead of a standard alarm tone. I want to be able to use the side control buttons to turn down my ringer and alarms while I am asleep so I wake up to an acceptable ringer volume. If Timepiece requires I go into the Music Player to set my alarm volume than its going to get uninstalled. GREAT LOOKING app and I hope this can be fixed so the side button turn down the alarm volume as well. OVERALL A VERY NICE APP IN PROGRESS!!!
  17.    #257  
    I am looking in to the volume control. I do not see an easy setting anywhere for it either. I did notice that a few programs will allow you to change the media volume (the volume with the two music notes) in the app when you push the volume buttons. I assume this is because they are using Palm functions that are not allowed to third party developers. I am looking into this further though.
  18.    #258  
    Ok, here is the deal with the sound. I have figured out how to make the volume keys adjust the music volume instead of the ringer volume. It is another non documented Service Call. Therefore, it may have to be removed for the App Catalog. I will put it into the next update but just a warning, it may not be in the final version until Palm allows the use of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Ok, here is the deal with the sound. I have figured out how to make the volume keys adjust the music volume instead of the ringer volume. It is another non documented Service Call. Therefore, it may have to be removed for the App Catalog. I will put it into the next update but just a warning, it may not be in the final version until Palm allows the use of it.
    Thanks for the quick response! Is it possible to link Timepiece's volume to the system volume within the app instead of changing what volume the buttons control i.e. make the Timepiece volume the "bell" volume versus the "musical notes" volume? It sounds like changing what volume the side buttons control would possibly cause you more headaches come final release time.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cchalupsky View Post
    It sounds like changing what volume the side buttons control would possibly cause you more headaches come final release time.
    Palms lacking SDK is causing far more headaches than anything else right now lol. Alot of developers can do wonders with an app but because some of the functions are not approved yet, Palm won't allow them into the app store. Huge reason why most of the apps in the app store are seriously lacking.