Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Your probably thinking of TreoAlarm. I'll report back if I happen to run across any bugs.
    I like number 3. Like how the Pre's stock alarm shows up in the notifications area.
    I like #3 also, however, it would still love to have the next alarm time (and the date, if it would fit) display where the "ALM" acronym is now. Even if it were smaller to accommodate spacing issues, I would feel "safer" knowing what's coming next...you know, for us anal retentive people.

Great work! My favorite app!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    is it possible to just add additional alarms instead of being limited to just 5? Use an "add" button to add as many alarms as needed? Also for the record, I feel there should be some easy/quick way to see what alarm is coming up next. Something small on the clock face would work. There is alot of wasted/unused space. Besides these two points, the alarm so far is fantastic. Srill have stability and dependability testing to do but so far so good.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Some other users are reporting that the date/time of alarms are showing different than what they set. I will get a new update out by the end of the weekend.
    Can you lock the screen too please? Not a huge deal, just kind of annoying since it doesn't add functionality.

Also, can you move the "i" icon away from the "ALM" icon? I find they are too close together. Maybe move the "i" icon to the top of the screen.
    Great App,
    especially the new version 0.1.5!

May I give also some suggestions/wishes?

1. switch off display if alarm rises up and I wasn't able to confirm it. My device screen stays on forever, also the sound plays endless. My setting "screen always on" is set to off!

2. If I touched the display to 'SNOOZING', screen stays on forever - also if I tap on snoozing, screen stays on

3. Instead of showing "ALARM" in the headline, show us the configured alarm name

4. on each alarm setting, configure the number of repeating the mp3 sound, after that it should be silent and turn off the screen. Perhaps from 1 to 20 and an endless choice. On my device the alarm sound plays forever. It's terrible in some situations. Should work for the first and the snoozing alarms.

5. an extra snooze time for each alarm perhaps incl. a choice of using 'global snooze settings'

6. the ability of choosing to show next alarm with configured name and time perhaps in the headline, or near 'ALM'

7. whats about re-occuring each 10minutes, 3hours, between 730AM and 1150AM?

8. any plans for portrait mode?

Good Job and cool App!
    Klaus - German Pre User, still on OS 1.1.3
  5.    #225  
    I just uploaded a new version, 0.1.6. This has a few alarm time/date setting fixes. This should take care of the settings showing different than what you set them to. This might also fix the issue a few had of alarms go off a day late. Please let me know of any bugs. Also, thanks for the suggestions.

1) Instead of having a universal snooze setting for all alarms, I'd like to see an independent snooze option for each alarm. That way, one could set a different snooze setting for each alarm. More on this suggestion later.

2) A chime feature would also be nice. Possibly, the option of chiming hourly, quarterly or every half hour. Another option would be to select the time frame the chime would sound (i.e., between the hours of 7:00am - 8:30pm).

3) It would be convenient if an "alarm" icon showed in the "alert(s) area" of the Pre indicating the time the next alarm will trigger. Further, selecting the alert would then open up the Timepiece app to the active alarm for editing (this suggestion is basically how the stock "clock" feature operates).
    #1 The individual snooze should be an easy fix.
    #2 A chime feature can be done, I believe a few others have requested this as well.
    #3 Some sort of alarm notification needs to be added to the main clock screen. I havent quite figured out how this should work, the best way to do it, and the most user friendly way is.

is it possible to just add additional alarms instead of being limited to just 5? Use an "add" button to add as many alarms as needed? Also for the record, I feel there should be some easy/quick way to see what alarm is coming up next. Something small on the clock face would work. There is alot of wasted/unused space. Besides these two points, the alarm so far is fantastic. Srill have stability and dependability testing to do but so far so good.
    Yes being able to add alarms dynamically could be done. Probably not easily though. How many do you want? I will add something indicating the next alarm. I realize there is alot of unused space but at the same time I dont want to clutter the display. What I add I want to be clean and user friendly.

Can you lock the screen too please? Not a huge deal, just kind of annoying since it doesn't add functionality.

Also, can you move the "i" icon away from the "ALM" icon? I find they are too close together. Maybe move the "i" icon to the top of the screen.
    I tried locking the screen and for some reason it puts a black bar where the status bar is located on the screen. I will have to contact palm to resolve this. Although, this does not affect anything it is more or less a small annoyance. The "ALM" and the "i" icon seem pretty far away already. I can look into moving the info icon and the config icon to the top corners.

May I give also some suggestions/wishes?

1. switch off display if alarm rises up and I wasn't able to confirm it. My device screen stays on forever, also the sound plays endless. My setting "screen always on" is set to off!

2. If I touched the display to 'SNOOZING', screen stays on forever - also if I tap on snoozing, screen stays on

3. Instead of showing "ALARM" in the headline, show us the configured alarm name

4. on each alarm setting, configure the number of repeating the mp3 sound, after that it should be silent and turn off the screen. Perhaps from 1 to 20 and an endless choice. On my device the alarm sound plays forever. It's terrible in some situations. Should work for the first and the snoozing alarms.

5. an extra snooze time for each alarm perhaps incl. a choice of using 'global snooze settings'

6. the ability of choosing to show next alarm with configured name and time perhaps in the headline, or near 'ALM'

7. whats about re-occuring each 10minutes, 3hours, between 730AM and 1150AM?

8. any plans for portrait mode?
    #1 The sound will play until it is silenced by either an alarm dismissal or a snooze press. I will look into the screen always on setting.

#2 I will look into the screen staying on.

#3 This has been requested a few times before. Its on my list. I have to figure out the best way to do this. Right now the snooze and alarm dismiss buttons are images that cannot be edited through javascript.

#4 Setting a number of times an alarm plays is on my list.

#5 A individual snooze time will be an easy fix.

#6 Check my answer above

#7 I will look into this.

#8 Yes portrait mode is planned. I actually meant to do this a few releases back but other things took priority.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Portrait mode would be a big help. Typing in landscape mode is irritating.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I just installed the 1.6 update and the same issue I described earlier still exists. If you go back into a pre existing alarm for what ever reason, the time will change instantly to the current time. Not a huge problem as long as you pay attention and or don't need to go back into an alarm but...still kind of annoying to have to set the correct alarm time each time.

As for the dynamic alarms, I don't know how many. That is why I suggested being able to dynamically add as many alarms as a person may need since you nor I have any idea how many everyone might use. 5 is probably enough for me but maybe not for someone else. Its a very low priority and just a suggestion. I am actually surprised I am the only one to bring it up lol. Regardless, your alarm clock is shaping up very nice. My wife is considering this since the stock alarm is very limited.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have tried for a half hour to update and can't. I had 1.5 and it worked fine. I even un installed it and tried to reinstall it with no luck. Is anyone else having this issue. It starts to download and then just stop. Each time at a different place
  9.    #229  
    I have a confirmed report of a user that was having these two issues that the new update 0.1.6 fixed: the alarm was going off a day late and when he sets a time in an alarm it showed a different time when he went to check on the alarm. Similar to what dragbug described but his didn't keep on defaulting to current time.

just installed the 1.6 update and the same issue I described earlier still exists. If you go back into a pre existing alarm for what ever reason, the time will change instantly to the current time. Not a huge problem as long as you pay attention and or don't need to go back into an alarm but...still kind of annoying to have to set the correct alarm time each time.
    I am not seeing this problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am going to let some more reports come in to see if there are any more problems with 0.1.6 and alarm settings. If not I will move on down the list and get some more features in the program.

Thanks
    J
    Great application! Thanks! I Would very much like to see more font colors, especially a real blue color instead of the green/blue. On a smaller note I would like to see the clock slightly bigger, less glow/blur around the clock font. Very happy to see the contrast is adjustable now. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I have a confirmed report of a user that was having these two issues that the new update 0.1.6 fixed: the alarm was going off a day late and when he sets a time in an alarm it showed a different time when he went to check on the alarm. Similar to what dragbug described but his didn't keep on defaulting to current time.

I am not seeing this problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am going to let some more reports come in to see if there are any more problems with 0.1.6 and alarm settings. If not I will move on down the list and get some more features in the program.

Thanks
    J
    I updated over a previous version without removing the old so I will try and remove the old and then apply the update and see if that fixes it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Ok, I tried again and still the same problem. So I decided to install on my wifes phone since hers is stock and has yet to have any applications installed and the problem is still there. Maybe we are not talking about the same problem so let me walk you through what I am doing.

Create a new alarm. Call it work or something. Set to reoccurring. Set alarm to 6:00am.Select Mon thru Friday. Now scroll to the bottom and click the arrow to exit. On the next screen you can see the alarm you set and it shows 6 am. Now click the gears to go back into the alarm. Look at the set time. It is no longer 6 am. It is now what ever the current time is. Scroll to the bottom and click the arrow to exit. Look at the alarm time. It is no longer 6 am.

Two phones having the same problem. It can't be an isolated incident. It's not even close to being a deal breaker. This issue would not keep me or my wife from wanting this alarm, but it can be annoying.
    I love this app and think the layout and features are great and much appreciated.

one request i will put out there would be to have a volume control right on the screen. I find that i have to check the sound level each night before going to bed because I feel like the volume may have changed when I change system sounds or raise lower the volume with my days activities. this requires me to go into an alarm and select an alarm to play so that I can hear how loud it is then work my way back to the main screen.

again I love this app just thought I would add my 2 cents

thanks again
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  14.    #234  
    Ok, I tried again and still the same problem. So I decided to install on my wifes phone since hers is stock and has yet to have any applications installed and the problem is still there. Maybe we are not talking about the same problem so let me walk you through what I am doing.
    Thanks dragbug, your description led to me to re-create the problem. Here is what I noticed. It only occurs on re-occuring alarms but only the first time they are set for me. I set the alarm, use the back arrow, it shows the correct days and time, I go back into the alarm and it shows current time. I change the time again, use the back arrow, go back into the alarm and it is the correct saved time.

I will look into this.

one request i will put out there would be to have a volume control right on the screen. I find that i have to check the sound level each night before going to bed because I feel like the volume may have changed when I change system sounds or raise lower the volume with my days activities. this requires me to go into an alarm and select an alarm to play so that I can hear how loud it is then work my way back to the main screen.
    This has to be the most requested feature so far. Unfortunately Palm does not allow access to volume settings. Maybe the next SDK release.

I am thinking if I get some spare time in the next few weeks I am going to compile all the requests into one list and put them up somewhere. That way they will be there for everyone to view at one quick look.
    anyway to add battery?
    strange - this morning no sound at 0730AM! only screen was on with timepiece in the foreground. Over night I set airplanemode on and wifi off. Further tests confirm this - no sound. But after enabling wifi and no airplanemode, it plays the sound but only the first beep of the mp3. I'm confused a little bit, I dont't get it run anymore, perhaps a reboot helps.
    By the way, my pre is still on the German webOS 1.1.3.
    Klaus (using 1.6)

Edit: ok, after reboot sounds are played correct!
    Last edited by zonki; 11/01/2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: New tests after Reboot
    I just installed this app a few days ago to try out the alarm feature. I had a non occurring alarm set for oct 31. That went off fine. On nov 1 I changed that alarm time for later that day. When I looked at the alarm screen after hitting the back button after setting the alarm I noticed it still showed oct 31 for the date of the alarm so it didnt automatically change the date to the current one. I also noticed when I went back into the alarm it changed the time to the current time so it doesnt look like it is just on reoccurring alarms its changing the time. And I dont know if the program is designed to automatically change for a non occurring alarm to the current date if the previous alarm setting was past
  18.    #238  
    anyway to add battery?
    Nope, No API for that. Lets see what happens in the next SDK release. I hear its going to be a matter of weeks before another is released.

I just installed this app a few days ago to try out the alarm feature. I had a non occurring alarm set for oct 31. That went off fine. On nov 1 I changed that alarm time for later that day. When I looked at the alarm screen after hitting the back button after setting the alarm I noticed it still showed oct 31 for the date of the alarm so it didnt automatically change the date to the current one. I also noticed when I went back into the alarm it changed the time to the current time so it doesnt look like it is just on reoccurring alarms its changing the time. And I dont know if the program is designed to automatically change for a non occurring alarm to the current date if the previous alarm setting was past
    What version do you have?
    First off, yay, this app!

I am having one issue. I've tried changing the sound to something else but it never seems to stick.

I create an alarm, name it something, set it to reoccurring, set the time, set the days then select the sound that I've put in the downloads folder. To exit, I click the back arrow at the bottom of the screen.

When the time comes for the alarm to go off, it's the default sound.
  20.    #240  
    I am looking into all of the alarm setting issues. There will be another update soon.